• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Down Force intake Scoop.. Wow!

Yes. I've had this since it was introduced in 2005 or 06 cant remember..

Cant comment on the water getting in coz i have never driven my car in the rain. [emoji1]

Sound is improved a little on the intake and it make a really cool sucking sound when blipping the throttle. Also when turning off the engine it makes a sucking hissing sound. Really cool!!!
I am running OEM paper filter.

Last edited:
Are yo ustil using this? Is there anything else to improve intake sound?
Yes, a comptech supercharger.:biggrin: The df scoop is awwight. Don't count on it throwing you back in the seat. But if you pair it with a uni filter you will hear more intake snarl. I switched back to paper oem filter though due to the annoying hissing that sounds like Darth Vader breathing while in idle. For less than 5 ponies I'd rather have the noiseless idle. All personal preference though. But a scoop and a uni is a good/less expensive place to start.

Is this scoop functional if I have a Gruppe M filter/intake installed? Or is it best suited for OEM setup
I do not beleive so. Might help with a little cool air into the engine bay and intake but nothing like the sealed oem airbox I would imagine.

Back