• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Down Under Trackday NSX

Do you know how this translates in American English? It means you got it pregnant. :biggrin:

LOL yeah I did think that when I wrote it as it means the same here in some contexts....... I just figured most wouldn't take it that way ......

This isn't me just in case someones seen this picture on the internet !!!
ed_imgSNN0909B_24118a.jpg

The plan is to go turbo in the long term, want to leave it NA for now to get the car settled and setup and get used to it, then put more grunt into it. Type ? To be honest, haven't got that far down the track so will take advice from people closer the time I guess.

Well I couldn't even wait to get home to post these pics so I'm posting this from my phone from the workshop !!!

I hope you guys are as happy as Zac and I are with the results. I specifically haven't been posting pics of this stuff as it's been progressing as it's hard to see the difference from pictures so I thought it made more sense to post it once it was all together........ this hopefully explains the lack of updates in the last few weeks as Zac has been working his arse off on getting all of the body panels up to standard........ I'd like to say I helped, but I really didn't !!! :D

Car had just come back from the paint shop down the road (150m push) to have the primer baked so we can get into wet sanding it over the next few days with the aim of having it ready to roll back down the road next friday afternoon for paint on saturday...... !!!

Hope you like the progress !

PB110318.jpg

PB110319.jpg

PB110320.jpg

PB110321.jpg

PB110322.jpg

PB110323.jpg

PB110324.jpg

PB110325.jpg

PB110326.jpg

PB110327.jpg

PB110328.jpg

PB110329.jpg

PB110330.jpg

PB110331.jpg

Well I couldn't even wait to get home to post these pics so I'm posting this from my phone from the workshop !!!

I hope you guys are as happy as Zac and I are with the results. I specifically haven't been posting pics of this stuff as it's been progressing as it's hard to see the difference from pictures so I thought it made more sense to post it once it was all together........ this hopefully explains the lack of updates in the last few weeks as Zac has been working his arse off on getting all of the body panels up to standard........ I'd like to say I helped, but I really didn't !!! :D

Car had just come back from the paint shop down the road (150m push) to have the primer baked so we can get into wet sanding it over the next few days with the aim of having it ready to roll back down the road next friday afternoon for paint on saturday...... !!!

Hope you like the progress !

PB110318.jpg

PB110319.jpg

PB110320.jpg

PB110321.jpg

PB110322.jpg

PB110323.jpg

PB110324.jpg

PB110325.jpg

PB110326.jpg

PB110327.jpg

PB110328.jpg

PB110329.jpg

PB110330.jpg

PB110331.jpg

Looks pretty racy Fraser!......that's a whole lotta progress in a relatively short time!......I just spent ALL day at my fabricators, where we felt pretty satisfied just to have finished the 2 fuel cell partitions in the engine bay!
Now I'm wondering how I'm ever gonna live up to your pace?!

Starting to look fast. So what color? Also, how come you don't have a center bar going down the middle of the front by the windsheild? I see all these other hardcore guys have it... even though it seems it would really block your vision. Is this just a different cage design?

I think the main reason is that some motorsport authorities make them a requirement......ours doesn't.

Obviously it is technically safer as it can help stop things like wheels/tyres coming through the windscreen etc........... it doesn't offer any extra strength to the cage as such as far as I'm aware.

Colour isn't decided yet, going to paint up a test panel next week to decide between a couple of colours.

Originally was going to go with the orange of the ARTA cars, but it's proving to be a bit difficult to get an official word on what the exact colour of those cars even is ...... the second issue with the colour is matching it once we did find out what the colour was as it looks like a specialty paint rather than a standard colour so we didn't want to take the risk and are looking at going with a really out there red colour or a bright orange/red colour, both of which are stock colours so easy to get and match.

We haven't done the boot or roof yet as finish wise they're good so we've just got to scuff them a bit and paint over them, no point putting primer on, but they won't be staying the colour they are.

that is one mean mother NSX you've put together there man ... wild as, congrats

how 'bout imola orange ... your challenge fraser... is to finish your car to this standard, well, except for the 600hp and wide wheel arches I mean :biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxND2PsPjPk

Attachments

• imola3.jpg
    imola3.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 456
Last edited:
I can't believe the progress you have made on this project Fraser! It looks fantastic and I am sure that you can't wait to have it all painted and ready to roll.

Great build and a really fun one to watch happen, but it's all so fast! Seriously, I think I've taken a longer time cooking a pizza than you have building this crazy NSX track monster.

Why don't you save the money on paint and just wrap the car? Like Robbfen's car.

We did look into that, but paint is costing me about $ 500 vs about $ 2000-3000 NZ that is to wrap it........ doesn't seem like there's enough advantages for us to wrap it.

$500? what are you painting with? water colors? LOL... must be some cheap labor there. You keeping slaves in the shop?

Is this your painter on lunch break??

a16b25632f.jpg

Last edited:
I'm afraid not strictly a car update as we were meant to be painting final colour on the car on saturday that's just been, but the paint didn't show up in time so we're still waiting on that I'm afraid, but hopefully early next week I will have another car update........

This is just a quick post on my helmet which finally came back from the painter after several months (he was involved in a bad motorbike accident and I've been waiting till he was recovered well enough to finish it !!)

It might not be everyones cuppa tea, but I just wanted something with a little reference here and there to the things that shaped my love for cars, this project and me in general.....

P1000047.jpg

P1000048.jpg

P1000049.jpg

P1000051.jpg

P1000056.jpg

P1000053.jpg

P1000054.jpg

P1000055.jpg

P1000046.jpg

Last edited:
I loved it til I saw the S.F. badge! LOL...

Looks great.

well we can't call you a poser with an NSX like yours

As soon as he puts that SF shield on the car we can. Then he will be making another excuse about how since childhood blah blah...

He probably wears Ferrari underwear.

Back