• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Drive on May 14th

LMR

Legendary Member
Update
Have an awesome drive planned for May 14th. Thanks to Wirewiz (John) doing a pre drive we have an absolutely awesome route planned. The drive will include a stop for lunch and for the ladies (and some guys) there will be an optional stop for shopping on the way home. The drive will start in Banning at I-10 and Hwy 243. We will head south on the 243 through Idylwild to Hwy 74 that will take us to Palm Springs. We can have lunch in Idylwild as John said there was a nice cafe there with plenty of parking or later in Palm Springs. On the way home we can stop in Cabazon at the Outlets off I-10 to shop for those interested. We will meet in Banning around 10:30. I will set a meeting place off the 91 Freeway for the people from OC and will look for someone from the LA area to set a meeting place for people from the LA area so we can roll together in 2 groups to the main meeting place.

See post #9 for map of the area. Zoom in for better view/detail of the roads we will be on.

We have planned this 3 weeks in advance so people should have plenty of time to plan for this awesome drive:smile:. Please post here on the list if you can make it, even if you are a maybe. PM me if any questions.

Here is the address for the Target that the OC people will meet at. We will meet between 9:00 and 9:15 so we can leave by 9:30 SHARP

Target
Anaheim Hills
8148 E Santa Ana Canyon Rd
Anaheim, CA 92808
(714) 921-9091

For the people in the LA area PM Theo1 (Ted) to setup a meeting place.

We will be meeting at the Rite Aid in Banning at 10:30.

Rite Aid
806 Ramsey St.
Banning, Ca 92220

Exit from I-10 at 8th St (Hwy 243) and turn left. Go under freeway and it will be on the left at the first street corner. There is a Gas station across the street and I recommend that you fill up there.

1. LMR (Les & Irene)
2. Wirewiz (John & GF)
3. *NSXFTW* (Jason & Nicole) + Friends
4. nemo121 (Nemo & GF)
5. HGL1668 (Hugo)
6. Ediddynsx (Eddie)
7. AndyH (Andy) MAYBE
8. bboxer (Tino & Cheryl)
9. mcano (Mario)
10. Moses
11. NSXPatPat (Ken)
12. influence82
13. Theo1 (Ted)
14. YellowHaze (Steve)
15. Red NA1 (Bruce / not on prime)
16. Mike2LA (Mike & Angela )

IMPORTANT
Make sure you check your car's oil, tires, brakes ect.

This will be a casual drive as we want it to be safe and fun.

Remember to bring a camera as there should be plenty of places for good shots with your car and others.

Have a safe drive to Banning and see you all tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
Sorry I can't make this one. :frown: Jerry and I will be at an S2000 meet in Asheville, North Carolina that weekend.

i'll try to make it out...don't have anything planned i'm not sure of yet. les i've been meaning to call you, but i've been so caught up with with my photography and editing. i'll holla at ya this week :smile:

Ive never seen the run. A corvette buddy wants to roll, so i check it out ;)

Last edited:
Will be running a half marathon, then attending someone's birthday party...so I'll have to pass.

Might be able to make it... gotta check with the SO.

Remind her that we will be stopping to shop:wink:

Thanks for the notice Les! If i'm not too fried from the wknd before i'll def try to make it.

You are too young to not be recovered in a week:biggrin:

i'll try to make it out...don't have anything planned i'm not sure of yet. les i've been meaning to call you, but i've been so caught up with with my photography and editing. i'll holla at ya this week :smile:

No excuses Ron, see above in bold:tongue:

Too soon to tell whether or not i can make it. Will keep you posted. Thanks!

Last drive I had people complaining that I didn't give them enough time, now too much time:confused:. You guys are killing me:rolleyes:.

BTW this was my 500th post

Last edited:
1. LMR (Les & Irene)
2. Wirewiz (John )
3. *NSXFTW* (Jason & Nicole?)
4. nemo121 (Nemo)<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

WOuld i go without cole lol. Im gona get my vette buddy to go and force my sti friend as well lol

WOuld i go without cole lol. Im gona get my vette buddy to go and force my sti friend as well lol

1. LMR (Les & Irene)
2. Wirewiz (John )
3. *NSXFTW* (Jason & Nicole)
4. nemo121 (Nemo)<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Fixed:smile:

We may have some Ferrari guys come also. The more the merrier:wink:.

You people that are on the fence about this drive need to come as you don't want to miss this drive. Check out the route on post #9 and you will see how much fun this will be.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Yes, a drive! I don't think I have any plans for the day so most likely I will be able to make it. Count me in.

1. LMR (Les & Irene)
2. Wirewiz (John )
4. nemo121 (Nemo)
5. HGL1668 (Hugo?:wink:)

Thanks Les for getting this thread started. As stated earlier, I made this drive a week or so ago and I'm telling you, it's a wonderful stretch of road! We ate lunch in Idllywild at a place, but I can't remember the name. They had an extensive menu and the food was good. I can certainly find it again. Bring your camera because there should be plenty of photo opts since we'll be passing by Lake Hemet. I'm assuming that we can swing in and get some pictures of our cars with the lake as a backdrop. As far as an OC meeting point, what about the Target the parking lot where we met for the drive to the Vegas NSXPO? That would work for me...

John

Oh, and congrats Les on Post #500...

Thanks Les for getting this thread started. As stated earlier, I made this drive a week or so ago and I'm telling you, it's a wonderful stretch of road! We ate lunch in Idllywild at a place, but I can't remember the name. They had an extensive menu and the food was good. I can certainly find it again. Bring your camera because there should be plenty of photo opts since we'll be passing by Lake Hemet. I'm assuming that we can swing in and get some pictures of our cars with the lake as a backdrop. As far as an OC meeting point, what about the Target the parking lot where we met for the drive to the Vegas NSXPO? That would work for me...

John

Oh, and congrats Les on Post #500...

Well there you go people. This is coming first hand from John who has driven this road. You don't want to miss this and be one of those people who see the comments and pics afterwards and say " I wish I would have gone".

And yes John, that Target would be great place for the OC people to meet. Will post more info on the meeting places next week.

1. LMR (Les & Irene)
2. Wirewiz (John )
4. nemo121 (Nemo)
5. HGL1668 (Hugo)
6. Ediddynsx (Eddie & ?)
7. Your name

Back