• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Exhaust....Best Sound & Performance?

O.K., I have owned my 92 NSX for about 3 months and I love the car!! One problem...it is too quite. I don't want something that is going to rattle my neighbors windows, but I want something that sounds rich and enhances the peformance.

Give me your opinion. Also, let me know about the ones to stay away from.

Thanks!!

Hmm, performance I don't know. But for me the stock sound is pretty sweeeet...

-Bob ('94 #496)

I installed a Tubi exhaust system three months ago. The sound is deep and throaty. I keep the windows down and the music off so that I can better enjoy the incredible sound!

------------------
Ron
1991 NSX (black/black)
2001 M3 (silver/red)

So I'm certain that I've got the minority view, but what's wrong with the quietest exhaust possible, provided that it yields comparable performance?

Louder is just annoying and can cause hearing damage. Heck, I've already got a notch in my hearing frequency response due to a couple of years of bench rest target shooting. Get the header/exhaust that performs best, but don't pick one based on sound. Your neighbors will be thankful...

I like my taitec gt exhaust. probably not much hp gain but it's deeper at lower end and more throatier/louder at high end, but at idle/cruise it's very quiet. I just drove 750 miles and was perfectly fine.

I know what your saying. I purchased mine about 3 months ago and the sound isn't what I expected. Like yourself, i'm not into breaking windows and don't want to damage hearing but I think its the only down fall to the car is its lack of sound. I've read the Tubi and a Borla which is in the works are quite unique.

I'll second what Hrant says about the Cantrell Concepts AIS. I put one on my '91 last week and I must say that the sound is SWEET. I've got the Comptech exhaust, too, and the two of them combine to make one hell of a cool sound. Keep your left window rolled down, and enjoy the music that VTEC makes!

------------------
'91 Black/Ivory NSX
'89 Gray/Gray F-16C

Originally posted by ak:
I like my taitec gt exhaust. probably not much hp gain but it's deeper at lower end and more throatier/louder at high end, but at idle/cruise it's very quiet. I just drove 750 miles and was perfectly fine.

I've been doing some research tonight and listening to some sound bites and yes the taitec gt has been the closest to what I am looking for.

I have the Taitec JGTC parallel exhaust from Science of Speed and it's sound is what you are looking for. I have had Comptech, RM and the Taitec GT and the JGTC parallel is the best sounding in my opinion.

I LOVE the sound of my RM DTM exhaust and looks equally exotic w/ 4 tailpipes.
If the others out there had made a similar
looking exhaust but I wasn't aware of any that did.
MYNSX

I second for the DTM RM Exhaust...its loud and deep...I also have the Gruppe M intake to help out....my GF never use to understand when I would say the car "screams" at you at high rpm...until she finally drove it and now she is addicted and drives without the radio! =)

i love my rudora exhaust! Can't really say it is as loud as i want it to be (in search of straight pipes) but i love the way it looks. Has anyone seen/done the exhaust thru the bumper?

Customers looking for slightly more volume, but not an overbearing sound, have been very happy with the TAITEC GT Parallel or GT Competition exhausts.

Here is a helpful exhaust comparison: <A HREF="http://www.scienceofspeed.com/sos_resource/FAQs/NSX/eap/exhaust_comparison/default.asp" TARGET=_blank>http://www.scienceofspeed.com/sos_resource/FAQs/NSX/eap/exhaust_comparison/default.asp[/ URL]

Regards,
-- Chris

------------------
Revolutionize your NSX with ScienceofSpeed

www.ScienceofSpeed.com</A> | [email][email protected][/email] | 877-863-4520

[This message has been edited by ScienceofSpeed (edited 18 July 2002).]

I love the Tubi sound but who doesn't?
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Brad:
I have the Taitec JGTC parallel exhaust from Science of Speed and it's sound is what you are looking for. I have had Comptech, RM and the Taitec GT and the JGTC parallel is the best sounding in my opinion.
I've tried OEM, *RSR, RM Racing (B&B Triflo) and currently have the Taitec JGTC-PX.

Have to agree with Brad, although the RSR (discontinued) is OK for a not-so-loud system. RM has good (loud and throaty) sound too.

We have 30 NSX Tubi's on order. They'll start coming next week. IMO, once a Tubi is broken in, you would want nothing else. My son has an RM DTM on his NSX and I have a Tubi; it's like comparing a hot dog to a good plate of pasta. (of course IMHO and as a strongly biased NSXer.) Just about any muffler shop can fabricate an NSX exhaust, but it takes more than that to come up with looks, quality and sound in one package.

Originally posted by gheba_nsx:
I love the Tubi sound but who doesn't?
biggrin.gif

I agree. My Tubi has added just what I wanted. I tend not to use my radio/CD much since getting it. The four tip exhaust has the most custom fit to the valance as well. They don't just stick straight back like several others. The tips are formed from double-walled stainless steel. If the early fitment issues have been resolved, I have no reservations. Do a search on this board and read earlier threads/posts on the Tubi. The loudest I've heard was the Gruppe M, but it was way too loud. The Tubi is just right.

------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Tubi exhaust, Dali street anti-sway bars, Dunlop SP9000s

All 30 units on order will be sold at the group price. Shipping to an address in the continental US is included. After these 30, I am not sure we'll get enough attention as Tubi will be busy running production for Maseratis and trying to satisfy other car dealers in the US (BMW, Porsche).

Back