• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Factor X Racing wins at Silver State Challenge

Well we ended up heading to Ely, NV to participate in the Silver State Challenge high noon shootout and 0-100-0 contest. We are happy to announce that we took 1st place and broke the record in the 0-100-0 and tied for 1st place in the standing half mile. We ran the car in full road course trim with full aero against some pretty stiff competition including a 750hp Ford GT, 900hp Cobra, and many boosted and bottled Z06’s all while being at 6,500 feet. Next year we will take out our aero, two step, and run quite a bit more boost:)

silverstatechallenge_056.jpg

silverstatechallenge_247.jpg

Last edited:
0-100-0 15.2 seconds /1,106 feet
148mph in the ½ mile

We were expecting quite a bit more as we usually run 148mph in the 1/4 in Vegas, but it was our 1st time out and we ended up running out of fuel... So we could not implement the changes we wanted, primarily the aero, boost, and brake bias.

Great news!

You gotta sell us some of those pit shirts!

Awesome achievements FX! Thanks for a great job representing the NSX.

Regards,

Danny

0-100-0 15.2 seconds /1,106 feet
148mph in the ½ mile

We were expecting quite a bit more as we usually run 148mph in the 1/4 in Vegas, but it was our 1st time out and we ended up running out of fuel... So we could not implement the changes we wanted, primarily the aero, boost, and brake bias.

Congrats!!!
You guys meant to tell me that you ran out of fuel at a major competition event?
Also, I don't care what that hideous wing does for you guys but I am sure there are other better looking wings out there.... (JGTC NSX wings?)
So this is something you only have 1 shot to make the run???

Regardless, the widebody is beautiful (minus the wing) and much props.

Congrats guys!!

More details please - what were the times on the boosted FGT or Z06's?

Also, I don't care what that hideous wing does for you guys but I am sure there are other better looking wings out there.... (JGTC NSX wings?)

Function before form!:cool:

Function before form!:cool:

Thanks for the support guys! Absolutely function is our primary concern we are not interested car shows or JDM fanboy crap. Although we do have another wing that we need to test someday. I take that back, we actually did the car show out at Ely and we won the Hooker's choice award:biggrin: This was an event where the local brothels voted on the best car. Hosted at the Big Four where there were four big women... I never missed Vegas more so than that night:smile:

Congrat!!! kind of surprised that you not at least decrease the attack angle of the rear wing.

We had full intentions of doing so, we first wanted to base line what we had and make changes from there. The unforseen issue we were not told about was the long drive back to and through town to the start line after each run... Regardless, next year we will have another opportunity. Although we will probably get run over by our friends 1,300hp Supra in the standing mile, I think the 0-100-0 will be our focus as we left quite a bit on the table.

Wooo! Grats! :eek::biggrin:

Nice to see the NSX representing!

0-100-0 in 15.2 seconds. So typical of you guys to go nowhere really fast. :tongue::tongue::tongue:

Honestly, the numbers are really crappy. But cars with much more power seemed to do worse than us so the thin air must really come into play. Perhaps in the future we will do some runs at sea level.

Thanks for the support guys! Absolutely function is our primary concern we are not interested car shows or JDM fanboy crap. Although we do have another wing that we need to test someday. I take that back, we actually did the car show out at Ely and we won the Hooker's choice award:biggrin: This was an event where the local brothels voted on the best car. Hosted at the Big Four where there were four big women... I never missed Vegas more so than that night:smile:

And the prize for the Hooker's Choice Award was.........?:tongue:

What do you think your primary advantages were over your competition?

And the prize for the Hooker's Choice Award was.........?:tongue:

They actually gave us a discount card:eek: That will never see the light of day.

Back