• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Farewell as I leave the NSX owner family

As we have seen many come and go on this forum, I guess my turn has come.

I had not really expected to sell my car at this point, but after some consideration and some rather insistent buyers, it will move on to the next owner later this week. To make a long story about the actual sale hopefully short, I took the car for scheduled service about two weeks ago (timing belt, water pump, other items) and two dealer managers begged, pleaded, and offered me whatever they could to sell even before the work started. Needless to say, I guess timing sometimes is right.

To give some history, I owned this particular model - 95 Red/tan since April 2005. When I first bought it, I was afraid to really drive it anywhere. In fact, I might say it took a good 6 months to get used to having it and understanding what different driving dynamics it had. As I became more comfortable with it, all became second nature.

During the time I owned it, I slowly met the Houston group and learned more and more about what the ownership experience really meant. In mid 2007, I had the chance to make a trip to Columbus, Ohio for a relative's wedding. This happened to coincide with NSXPO 2007. On almost a whim, I decided to make the trip and drive up. The car was half packed with clothes for almost two weeks and the other half was car washing and detailing supplies (not surprising to many). It was a memorable trip with many highlights. I met Larry B (Larry Bastanza), Ken Sax, Joe (pbasso), Roger (rpm217), Bob (RSO 34- who loaned me some expensive camera equipment to test out), and some others. I think Greg (brickdds) and I were the only ones from Texas that year. It was such a fantastic experience and was, unfortunately, the one I attended.

Moving on, I began to see what modifications were worthwhile. Since I tend to keep things relatively stock, I found a few items to have. Since David (davidf) was excited to try all the exhausts available for the NSX, I was able to buy one of his:smile:. After a few more Chacho's meets, I began to make a better circle of owner friends. To this day, they are all relied upon for helpful information, installation help, or just general car chat. This of course includes - Z (zishan), Matt (matt_337), Aamir (Nero Tenebre), Kevin (PoKnow), Ty (1TITENSX), Nick (Fastrunner) to name at least the local long term group I know.

What else will I miss? Well, the operating costs were somewhat low. Some major items had to be replaced but I guess I traded depreciation for paying the repair costs along the way. I will miss all the other drivers trying to get close enough to take a picture while I am driving or giving the thumbs up. So, there were some intangible benefits with no cost. Also, I guess I will have hours of my life back every day from not combing through NSXPRIME as though it was the first time I ever found the site.

It will not be the same for me to attend cars/coffees and try to save all the parking spaces or flag down cars to have park together in our area. Nick, since you are closer by at least 2 minutes, YOU should take this over now!

So what is next? I have not really decided for now. The Audi R8 is probably still at the top of the list. As I drove a V10 six speed the version the other day, have to say it certainly is worthy of the praise and comparisons to the NSX I have read. Sure the Italian route might be nice just to try it. There are plenty of options.

I will still be around for car gatherings and look forward to meeting even more new owners. I guess Norm (Norm) can claim he has the cleanest red NSX (or maybe any color for that matter) at the local meets since I think we seem to secretly compete for this title:biggrin:.

I only bid farewell to the ownership but not the life experiences that I had along the way.

Tony

Well, you never know Tony......You might be back after a year or 2. I bet you will miss your NSX and end up buying another one. I did what you did Twice, and now I am on my third NSX.:tongue:

take & spin, then come back. . .

Whereas you are leaving NSX ownership group, I hope you don't leave the NSX enthusiast community! And for what it's worth, I truly believe you will be in another NSX at some point in the future... :D

Well Tony, though I'm truly sorry to hear that you're selling your NSX, I'm certain that you will select another great ride. Life goes on and changes every day so I look forward to seeing you again at any future car related event. I sincerely hope you enjoy your next acquisition. Good luck in the future....

sad news Tony..Im sure you will make the next owner very happy. I saw a red nsx at sterling mccall acura going up for sale, may have been yours?

Last edited:
You'll miss it,they always do.Don't know what you got until it's gone!

AND I hope what you got for it was worth selling it if it was so call the cleanest nsx :smile:

Last edited:
Ahhh, I know the feeling! I was in the 1st Generation of H-Town NSX Bro's
about 11 years ago and strayed for what I thought were greener pastures
in 2003, sold my NSX then went Z06, M5, etc the list goes on...

Just got back a month ago in to another NSX ..... don't be suprised if this
is just Limbo before you return ...... to another NSX! Take care!

There is nothing else out there like an NSX! I did not learn until she was
gone and then the comparing began!

Last edited:
Just because you sold the NSX doesn't mean you shouldn't still check in on Prime or show up at meets. In fact, I hope you do. I would love to have a look inside an F-car or R8.
:smile:

Miss ya already Tony, don't leave prime as this is home! I never feel the same when I go to other forums. I never hope to be NSX-less even if I ever get another mid engine car, and I too have a feeling you will come back for an 02+ car after your R8 stint if you can find the right one.

Tony at least we still have Cars&Coffee:wink:. I hope to see your next car there soon. Don't forget us little guys when you roll up in the R8.:redface:

I appreciate all the comments and support. Almost seems as though I wrote a eulogy in my above post!

Yes, I will still be part of the NSX community and certainly will look forward to seeing all of you for various car meets as more seem to be emerging around town.

Was funny, as I was just walking into my building downtown this morning, a black NSX with OEM chrome wheels pulled up to the intersection as I walked across in front of it. Did not recognize the driver but the appearance of this car seemed to be a message as if to say, are you sure you want to give this up? :confused:

Car is staying local in Houston and hopefully the new owner will take great pride in taking care of it.

Almost seems as though I wrote a eulogy in my above post!

Car is staying local in Houston and hopefully the new owner will take great pride in taking care of it.

Tony - One well written eulogy, at that! Always enjoyed your postings. Hearing your NSXPO 2007 Columbus memories reminded me that was my first NSXPO, and of meeting those east coast characters, and meeting/tracking at Mid Ohio Sports Car Course with brickdds (whatever happened to him, anyway?). Would imagine the ca$h you saved on the TB/WP etc plus the ca$h the dealer waved in front of you now feels pretty secure all tucked away. Best of fortune!

Tony,

Seeing your pristine NSX will not be missed. One less mint NSX that makes mine look even worse. :biggrin:

But I do look forward to seeing what the future has in store. If it's an R8, I call shotgun! Btw, I'm still going to keep you in the loop about the NSX meets and what not. We need to continue with the happy hours as well.

Til next time,
- Z

We'll miss you there Tony. Just got to know you this year and am looking forward to meeting more of the the group. Don't be a stranger!

Back