• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ferrari of Washington Track Days at Summit Point

You experienced track rats out there will know how much fun these events are. I went for the first time last year and it was great fun. Note these dates in your diary for 2008:

July 21/22 (Monday and Tuesday)
Oct 17/18/19 (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)

Both on the main circuit at Summit Point in WV

Details from the Ferrari of Washington website or contact Redding Finney directly [email protected]

Unfortunately I cannot make the July event but I will be there in October. If you have never tracked your NSX this is a great way to start. FOW provide instructors and the the events are very well organized.

Ian,

I think they might have some track days in April too.

I will be there for the track days, hopefully I can encourage more NSXs to come out and race. Bryan (I01010I) and I will help anyone that wants to flush their brakes and prep their NSX before the track events.

Sorry to voluntary your services Bryan.:biggrin:

Ian,

I think they might have some track days in April too.

I will be there for the track days, hopefully I can encourage more NSXs to come out and race. Bryan (I01010I) and I will help anyone that wants to flush their brakes and prep their NSX before the track events.

Sorry to voluntary your services Bryan.:biggrin:

Chris your inviting people to sin.lol I will come watch but promise not to touch.

I'm planning to do an event at Summit in March, a private event in April and then the two FOW events in July and Oct! Hope to see lots of fellow nsx'ers out there. More on the March event soon...

I will miss the July event (going to Japan!!!) but will try for October.

Gottspd- let me know about your private event. you taking the Caddy?? :biggrin:

I will miss the July event (going to Japan!!!) but will try for October.

Gottspd- let me know about your private event. you taking the Caddy?? :biggrin:

Hey there DCNSX! Yup, bringing the Caddy. The event's been moved to May. Should be awesome! Cadillac is bringing the new 550HP CTS-V for us to see! Can't wait!!!!

Gottspd- can you believe a Caddy with DOUBLE the horsepower of the NSX? Shows how much HP has gone up since '91. My buddy's new 6-cyl. Accord Coupe has 268hp.

I was passed by a stock CTS-V last year on the track. Guy was driving the ($%#! out of that car. ...and man, did he have to brake early. :smile:
Bring extra brake pads! and a parachute. and an anchor.

I going for both days. It going to be me and u Tuesday john. I want to try the deleted abs on the second day on the track. I want to see if it will make a difference on the track.

Bryan
My ABS hasn't kicked in on the track in years. I'm deleting it to save more weight.

my Japan trip has been postponed- so maybe i will make it up for this event.

I heard from a racer the track is really torn up (as of a couple of weekends ago). It seems the turns where the concrete patches were paved over (1 and 5 and 6 I believe) have started to get very rough. Has anyone heard more on this?

I'm going to plan on both and the Time Attack Event in August. :biggrin: Anyone else up for that?

http://redlinetimeattack.com/index-5.html

Yup, I know that track like the back of my hand. I had planned on driving the Corvette this year in Street RWD but will probably be driving my buddy's Saab turbo in Street FWD instead since I'm selling the Vette for another NSX. I took 2nd place at Summit Point in my 91 NSX back in 2006. :biggrin:

Yup, I know that track like the back of my hand. I had planned on driving the Corvette this year in Street RWD but will probably be driving my buddy's Saab turbo in Street FWD instead since I'm selling the Vette for another NSX. I took 2nd place at Summit Point in my 91 NSX back in 2006. :biggrin:

Hey there.

Great to hear that you're coming back to the NSX family, but why are you selling the Vette? I thought you loved that thing.

What kind of Saab are you going to run? I've had 5 Saabs and just love to drive those cars....

Hey there.

Great to hear that you're coming back to the NSX family, but why are you selling the Vette? I thought you loved that thing.

What kind of Saab are you going to run? I've had 5 Saabs and just love to drive those cars....

The Vette is too... "wishy-washy" as they say in the VW commercial? A car designed for overweight lazy people requires too much work to tighten up. Even with the 08 Z06 shocks and new swaybars/endlinks it's still too soft. The steering feel blows, the brake pads wear unevenly(floating calipers), the price of brake pads is insane, it requires super wide tires which are thus super expensive(and lacks a good selection of), the stock seats provide no lateral support, the car is so wide it's a chore to park, the factory headlights aren't projectors and even with better bulbs are horrible at night, the AC sucks(it works it just doesn't blow hard).

Granted, there are good things about the car... such as the suspension design, it's powerplant and the reasonable 28mpg on the highway. The trunk space is fairly large...

About the Saab -- it's a 97 9-3 that belongs to a friend of mine. We just did Koni's/Vogtland springs with a stiffer rear swaybar and upgraded the tranny to a hydrolic unit from a newer model. It's got 17x8 BBS RK Sport's with 225/45 RT-615 tires which we may try to squeeze 245's up front for better turn in and traction to overcome the lack of an LSD.

DSC_2226_800.jpg

...and not only do old Saabs haul, they HAUL. I got my 50" TV in the hatch of one before. Too bad they didn't carry the hatch over to the new models- it was one of Saab's iconic features. Can't understand why they don't at least make it an option. But GM may put Saab on the block, so maybe the Swedes can get back to their roots.

But... back to Summit Point. Is the track surface really bad, has it been fixed, or did I just hear some exaggeration?

...and not only do old Saabs haul, they HAUL. I got my 50" TV in the hatch of one before. Too bad they didn't carry the hatch over to the new models- it was one of Saab's iconic features. Can't understand why they don't at least make it an option. But GM may put Saab on the block, so maybe the Swedes can get back to their roots.

But... back to Summit Point. Is the track surface really bad, has it been fixed, or did I just hear some exaggeration?

Chris stopped by Pohanka yesterday and mention he went up over the weekend to watch a bike race. He said it wasn't bad, but where the concrete was is slippery. :frown:

I'll have R888's by next weekend and hopefully my Wilwood's installed too. :)

Last edited:
Back