• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Official Announcement for NSXPO 2014!

I went last year w/o my car and had a great time............this year I'll have my car as well as an empty seat which you can ride along. I'd then suggest taking our add'l insurance and maybe have you sigh a waiver.............:>))))

If the kids don't come down on the weekend, Liz and I will both have seats available. She will be driving the NSX wannabe

with as many posts as I have I think I should meet everyone. even the people I am scared of like pbassjo LOL he hates me for some reason :frown:

I do not know you, only of you, so I do not hate you and have no reason to. I will say, however, that this post you've made, I do not like. No big deal though, I'm not going to take it to heart. It's just the Internet and sometimes it gets a little weird.

Is there a Hotel picked for the event yet?

Now that we are almost at the month and a half until NSXPO window (crazy to think about), do we know when a schedule of events will be published?

Is there a special negotiated rate that we should be looking for?

Hi

If you press the link to the hotel there you will see that you get the NSXPO rate.

Best regards

DOH!! My bad. :)

Are you coming over to the USA for this, martin?

Of course. I will try to come for all of them. My girlfriend and I will be at the NSXPO hotel from tuesday.

Best regards

Greetings NSXCA Members,

The NSX Club of America is proud to announce the registration is open for NSXPO 2014 in Columbus, Ohio from October 14th 2014 - October 18th 2014.

Registration is open for both track and social events starting today August 25th 2014!

See nsxpo2014.com for links to register. To kick off the registration process you can save $75.00 off the regular price with your early bird registration discount. Just $270.00 for the social event and $250.00 for the track event. These early bird discounts will end on September 14th 2014. Save yourself some money and register NOW!

You do not want to miss what we have in store this year. We will be doing some amazing drives that will include scenic views that even Car and Driver says are some of the best in the country. Yes, fun twisty roads in Ohio will take you through the Hocking Hills state park while the leaves are changing.

We will be enjoying a Tech/ Vendor day like no other. We will have 4 lifts available in an air conditioned shop where you will be able to put your car on a lift, learn things about the car and even install / fix items along side some of the most experienced technicians and people in the NSX world. Our Concours car show will include judges who also judge for the local concours d'elegance show The Ault Park Concours d’elegance.

The track section of this NSXPO will be like no other. We are shooting to have a very special guest join us who has years of racing on this track. We can’t announce his name yet, but we’re betting you all will be familiar with who he is. We will also have experienced instructors and more driving time than many other events due to our smaller run groups and having the track exclusively to ourselves. This year it is a 3 day track event composed of ½ days on the track at the Mid-Ohio Sports car course which is known to be one of the best in the country. If you plan on joining us for the track events you need to call and book your hotel room. We have a block of rooms available at the La Quinta Inn located in Mansfield Ohio. www.laquintsmansfieldoh.com and you need to give them NSXCA or NSXPO as the block name to get our rates of $81.00 per night. The discounted group rate is only available through 10/09/2014

The social portion of the event will begin at 4:30PM Wednesday October 15th with the Welcome Reception and event registration at the social hotel. You can book the social hotel simply by going to nsxpo2014.com and click on hotel in the toolbar. It will take you to the link to book your room. We are happy to be staying at Embassy Suites in Dublin Ohio. It is one of the best hotels around the Columbus Ohio area. Very large parking lot and amazing kitchen /bar that will make this event even better.

The discounted group rate is only available through 10/09/2014 so, head over and book that now to get our rate of $129.00 per night.

Make sure to save money by doing the early bird registration NOW. We look forward to seeing you all on October 14th or 15th.

Below you will find a tentative schedule of events.

Sincerely,
NSXPO2014 volunteers

NSXPO 2014 Schedule of events

Tuesday October 14th:
Entry into Mid-Ohio
Drivers meeting
8:00AM - NOON Hot track
Group lunch (self pay) and travel to activity TBA

Wednesday October 15th:
Entry into Mid-Ohio
Drivers meeting
Group lunch (self pay)
4:00 Travel to social hotel for Welcome Reception and Event Registration
5:00PM - Welcome Reception & Event Registration - hor d’oeurves and cash bar dinner on your own / restaurant ? /bar located at hotel
Registered track attendees return to track hotel

Thursday October 16th:
Entry into Mid- Ohio
Drivers Meeting
Social only attendees leave hotel for Mid-Ohio
Attendees parade laps around Mid-Ohio and Group Picture
Begin loading up from Mid-Ohio ( track days over )
Group lunch and travel to activity TBA - to be announced soon!

Friday October 17th:
Depart Social hotel for Source 1 Automotive (Maineville location)
Tech / Vendor day at Source 1 Lunch Provided
Alternate tour day - announcement coming soon
Concours car show
Depart Source 1 for Social Hotel
Buffet style dinner and cocktails

Saturday October 18th
Depart for Country drive to Hocking Hills Region
Lunch / Pictures at Hocking Hills Lodge
Return to Social Hotel
Social time / Free time / Rest or alternate point of interest drive
Grand Banquet and end of NSXPO 2014

Just a heads up for those who will be joining the club to attend NSXPO. The NSXPO registration site will be one stop shopping for you. You can both join the NSXCA and sign up for NSXPO at the same time.

Looking forward to seeing you in Ohio.

Regards,
Don
NSXCA Treasurer

I am flying down for this, arriving early Wednesday evening, so I am registered for the Social portion only. The itinerary looks great, with a bunch of activities and locations to keep us busy and entertained.

I've carefully read the note above and it looks like us "social only" people will get to be at the track (not race, just check it out) on the Thursday AM: "Social only attendees leave hotel for Mid-Ohio"
-I'm going to look for a rental car for the week so I can shuttle around easier and join on the local drives. Any tips on where to rent a cool car?
-Without my NSX there I'm not sure if I'll enjoy the tech sessions, so the Optional Drive may be for me- any thoughts?

See you all in Ohio!
Fuji

Last edited:
[/COLOR]-I'm going to look for a rental car for the week so I can shuttle around easier and join on the local drives. Any tips on where to rent a cool car?

See you all in Ohio!

Hi

I usually rent from Hertz and there adrenaline collection. They do not have that in Cleveland where I am flying in to from Norway. The adrenaline rush the Camaro SS gave me on last NSXPO was when I hit my knees trying to powerslide it on the skid pad (when I turn off the traction control I really mean it).

It looks like it will be a Ford Focus or something from Hertz this year.

Best regards

I've carefully read the note above and it looks like us "social only" people will get to be at the track (not race, just check it out) on the Thursday AM: "Social only attendees leave hotel for Mid-Ohio"
It's up to you; you can go hang out at the track as a spectator, or hang around the HQ hotel in Columbus/Dublin, which I'm sure many others will be doing. You can even wait till that morning to decide.

If you're staying at the HQ hotel in Columbus/Dublin, it will take an hour to drive the 60 miles to the track - a little more during commuting hours. There's also a designated hotel near the track, if you prefer to stay there.

I'm going to look for a rental car for the week so I can shuttle around easier and join on the local drives. Any tips on where to rent a cool car?
As noted above, that's not really an option in Ohio; that's done primarily in the biggest cities and the Sunbelt. Also, it will be easier to rent from the rental places at whichever airport you're flying to.

Incidentally, on the local drives, you might find it more enjoyable to ride in the passenger seat of another attendee's NSX, and to chat and get to know each other, rather than to drive alone in a rental car. That's been my experience.

-Without my NSX there I'm not sure if I'll enjoy the tech sessions, so the Optional Drive may be for me- any thoughts?
Your enjoyment of the tech sessions would have nothing to do with whether or not you'll have your NSX there, sitting out in the parking lot while you're inside watching and listening.

Simultaneous with the tech sessions is not an "optional drive", but an "alternate tour". This is typically something that would appeal to companions and spouses who are not necessarily car buffs; such activities at past NSXPO's typically have consisted of museum tours, shopping excursions, etc. You're welcome to participate in either activity, the alternate tour or the tech sessions.

That is some excellent info right there, thanks Ken!
You've cleared a lot of things up for this NSXPO Newbie, and I'm sure others will benefit from it as well. I'll defintely hit up the tech sessions and the track visit.

...on the local drives, you might find it more enjoyable to ride in the passenger seat of another attendee's NSX, and to chat and get to know each other, rather than to drive alone in a rental car. That's been my experience.

This sounds like a good idea, just not sure if I want to cram 6'4" me into some nice person's passenger seat, I can do it in my NSX with an aftermarket seat cushion. I may have to save the get-to-know-you chat for other times, I know there will be ample oppurtunity to socialize with other NSX owners! Maybe I can give others a ride and get to know them...

Okay, my Imola NSX has just completed a Twin Turbo installation and I'm a novice on the track. I'm not going to put my car at risk so I'll be fairly slow comparatively. I want to learn the right way before I'm going to push the car and myself. Which one of you instructors should I ask for on the Track Registration?

Okay, my Imola NSX has just completed a Twin Turbo installation and I'm a novice on the track. I'm not going to put my car at risk so I'll be fairly slow comparatively. I want to learn the right way before I'm going to push the car and myself. Which one of you instructors should I ask for on the Track Registration?

+1 on the instructors. need someone who can teach a complete novice. btw how much power from the turbos? i rode in one awhile back man it was a animal.

Last edited:

Actually if you have a supercharger or a Turbo and are a novice we do link you with someone who is very conservative on the track. Most instructors are conservative with novice drivers anyway as you almost have to be. There just is so much going on that is new for a novice that you are not going to be flying down the track taking turns at 10 tenths.

You most likely drive faster and less conservatively on the freeway then you will on the track. Somehow your mind tells you, "Yikes! I'm on a track. Be careful. Things could go wrong!" and when you're annoyed with the driver in front of you on the freeway and are 2' off their bumper and or switching lanes at the last minute, most people don't process that as dangerous.

Your first session on the track will start with a few laps under caution (no passing) and perhaps an entire session under caution depending on what we feel is necessary based upon the make up of that particular group of drivers.

You should never ever feel like you are being pushed to go faster then you want. If that ever were to happen, whether with our event or any event, those leading the event would want to know and would put a stop to it (and probably never use that instructor again). If for some reason you and your instructor are not a good match, then you also should let those running the event know as they will pair you with someone different. It is a no harm, no foul type of thing as personalities are different and some folks work better with other folks.

Though getting recommendations from others about good instructors can be good, what is good for someone else, may not be good for you. I'd suggest thinking about how you like to learn things. Do you fall into new experiences easily and need someone to put the brakes on you? Do you self-monitor well and don't need someone telling you what you did wrong (because you're doing that anyway), but you need a cheerleader telling you what you did right? Do you want someone who is very hands-on and will talk you through every part of things at first until you gain confidence or will someone constantly talking distract you and make you crazy.

Then send the registrar (me in this case) an email via the Motorsportreg NSXCA Track Page (there's a place to 'contact the registrar') and provide the answers to the above. I'll send it to those doing the student-instructor pairings.

Finally, congratulations at signing up for the event!!! Yeah!!!! Tracking your car is the absolute most fun ever!
Welcome to the madness :)

Oldest guy you can find.

LMAO. It may be hard to find one that's older than me.

Thanks for the great info Pooh. I'll let you know. And I'm looking forward to the track days.

Last edited:
Back