• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Finally getting my dream car.

Brainfart. I'm not sure I want to go that route. Just want to keep it close to stock but I'll do exhaust to cool the sills down and some smooth tubes. I'll probably do the 99+ fan but they tend to melt the relays and require rewiring some stuff to prevent that...

Is yours a 96 or 97? I have never heard of the fan / relay issue, I will take look at that. I am sure you have done a ton of reading but if you have any questions PM me as I would be happy to talk Vipers. I have been out of the Viper scene for a few years so I might not be totally up to date but I have been around these cars for a while. I just had the car out today and messed around with a friends 997 Turbo with upgraded turbos. For an old car it moves quite nicely. :smile:

A 97. Just do a google image search for: Viper fan relay.

Seems like it only affects 99+ fans/cars and in the 95* FL heat, my car runs a bit hot at low speeds, so I could use a better fan.

great looking car! I have not yet pulled the trigger on one, the wife is really wanting a new house first so I might have a wait a few years for my Blue/White 96/97 GTS.

Back