• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Finally got my car dyno

I own my nsx for a few years but never know how much power it puts out. I finally have a chance to put it on the dyno. It was a very hot day (90F+) but the result is more than what I had expected.

Dyno.JPG

Is that equivalent to stock 97+?

Chris@SoS said:
You should post your mod list.
Yes, please do. A while back there was someone claiming that the Dyno Dynamics dyno recorded numbers far less than other dyno's, which I doubted. This is the relevant thread.

That sounds about right. The peak HP is about the same as 97+ but the midrange torque is another matter. Couple that with 6 speed, you are still slower than a 97+.

ak said:
That sounds about right. The peak HP is about the same as 97+ but the midrange torque is another matter. Couple that with 6 speed, you are still slower than a 97+.
What about the weight difference between the coupe and T?

AndyH said:
I own my nsx for a few years but never know how much power it puts out. I finally have a chance to put it on the dyno. It was a very hot day (90F+) but the result is more than what I had expected.
How much does Autowave charge to run this and do you know what is the difference between what the factory reports and the rear wheel hp? Maybe 50 hp?

SoCalDude said:
What about the weight difference between the coupe and T?

Targa supposedly is 95lbs heavier. But even then, 97+ is faster at least from my experience.

ak said:
Targa supposedly is 95lbs heavier. But even then, 97+ is faster at least from my experience.
Now, what if AndyH's car had the short gears along with is other mods?

Re: Re: Finally got my car dyno

SoCalDude said:
How much does Autowave charge to run this and do you know what is the difference between what the factory reports and the rear wheel hp? Maybe 50 hp?

I got 3 runs for $75. They told me the stock one dyno about 220-230.

I'll post my graph tomorrow.

I just ran on that exact same dyno this morning.

My car is a 92 with 116k miles. I have a Taitec GT lightweight exhaust, DC sports header, lightened flywheel, and stock intake with Cantrell AIS.

The car put out 257.8 hp to the wheels.

I did it today at 9:30 so it was around 80 degrees I think. I am running the car through some bling 19 inch rims. Being so close to 260 to the wheels made me wish I had the 17's on there. :)

I'll be back on the dyno in a few weeks after I add a few goodies to the car.

I have a video of the run but I got it with my digital camera and not a camcorder so the sound quality isn't very good. The Taitec exhaust sounded incredible on the dyno.

-Justin

Attachments

• dyno.jpg
    dyno.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 292
yes it does included the chip but It's a Dinan chip not dali. From FAQs Dinan is a crappy ecu that loses power. From the pictures below, I guess the first owner of my car installed it way back in 1993. I have dali chip on the way, and i will have it dyno again once installed by next week.

Dinan.JPG

Dinan1.JPG

I also has my runs on digital camera also but the files is so big (30megs) I can't host it.[

Last edited:
Back