• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Finally new owner... finally posting.. 92 GPW

Picked up my 92 GPW with 100k miles less than a month ago. Just haven't got around to finally posting about it. Came with a binder full of records and enough mods to not put it over the top. Car drives amazing and yes, I look-back-syndrome. Everyday I drive it, I randomly think about how surreal owning and driving it is.

As soon as I got it, I took care of my rear axles and AC (special thanks to Shawn out in Tampa), and I was good to go.

Interior is near-mint, but exterior has minor blemishes here and there. I'm not a fan of the rims, but I'm content with driving them. Looking to get rid of them for something else (preferably 02+ wheels) but they are my only set of wheels so maybe I will use them as track wheels eventually when I get something else. Car has exhaust, headers, hi-flow cats, japanese gears, and a few more nice touches here and there that I can't recall off the top of my head.

I'm happy to be here with this NSX community. You guys have been a great help in my search and I have learned a lot in my prospective search and hope to learn more.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

StrhGVS0oahY2vogfUOmLr6VpLiKIDiuyRbtcwAnagU

mHNXBa1gtteTQY2UMI8ODL6VpLiKIDiuyRbtcwAnagU

Welcome to prime. Very nice color choice. Car looks great. Alot of great people here and alot of great information. Congrats again on your purchase.

Glad to see you made it - I remember this one - not a bad car at all! I think you did well - you waited and you finally found one that worked for you! Good for you and I hope you have great luck with it! Thanks for posting!

If you haven't found it yet, check out the Wiki (off the red action bar at the top of most pages) which has lots of great information about maintenance, mods, DIY, etc.
Welcome .. enjoy your new ride!

Welcome and congrats, the look-back syndrome never gets old...

Congrats and great choice on the color. I think the 02+ wheels would look great. For a little less money you could get the 94-96 16/17 gunmetal wheels.

Congrats, you did your homework and found a nice one! Only took you a little over a year...not too shabby. GPW are very desireable. I don't mind the wheels, but lighter wheels would be a noticable improvement.

Don't forget there are dealers that give pretty big discounts on parts to prime members so you can save on OEM parts.

Enjoy!!!

FINALLY you posted a new member thread LOL

i was like when is he gonna post his new NSX?

guys I drove this thing and its a beast. it has a beautiful sounding exhaust
the interior is in awesome shape, the paint is in awesome shape. it was def worth getting, the 3 inch binder that came with the car had every thing from day one, its been PPI'ed by Larry B.

like BlackwindEXE says it needs rims bad. the rims dont do this machine justice.

Blackwindexe brought me the car one weekend and I ripped out the Kill switch alarm, installed a new ign switch, replaced his Ac compressor with a new one, and filled it with R134a Freon. Ice cold air.
which by the way you prob still need another 1/4 can to complete the fill LOL.
all this in the rain

while I was working on his car he sat in my 2004 and drooled LOL j/k
the things I do for other NSX owners is off the chain.

I am glad you are happy if you need anything else its only a drive to tampa

Congrats

Last edited:
^^^ Massive bump for this.

This is worth an OT post :)

Amen RYU - Shawn comes thru again! You are a great guy to help out a fellow NSXr Shawn. It's not that far to Tampa from Atlanta - one day I'll have to visit you when you get that car all put back together or have you done that already? Haven't been paying close attention to your build lately.

Anyway, I've talked with Blackwind several times off line and he's a good guy - hope it all works out great for you and if it was checked out by Larry B - you got a good one!

Now do the na1 type r conversion on it. Lol..
J/k

I do like the white. Sweeeeet!
Welcome on board.

congratulations im looking to find an Nsx for myself. Hopefully it wont take me a year to find the perfrect one. I love white. Great find

Thanks for all the kind words guys. And yeah, I didn't do enough justice thanking Shawn. He really went all out in one day on my car haha. He went out of his way to go check the car before I went and saw it and then hooked me up with parts afterwards. First Class Automotive took care of my rear axles (special thanks to Nabil as well for taking care of my car on short notice).

You guys have all been in a big help in my purchasing process. This community is great and I know the life of an owner here will be better than most I've been in.

Yes, I do want the 02+ wheels haha. I am thinking of getting them soon. May have to look into spacers as well. Apparently I need 25mm to get them to clear the fronts? The current wheels look better in person, but I do agree that they don't do the car justice.

I also want a front lip, but I do scrape already here and there. I can tell that with a front lip it will get eaten up even by the flat florida roads!

Everyday is a joy to drive. The only compliments I've had are from people who actually know what the car is which is great. It's nice to know people are just generally appreciative of all the hard work Honda put into it.

I originally wanted white, as did many. But I knew it was going to be so hard to come by so I kind of threw it out the window but kept an eye out for any that did pop up. I didn't really want red because I owned a red car before and didn't want the extra attention that it adds to owning an nsx. I ended up really liking black and searching hard for one until the white popped up and I was thoroughly impressed with the maintenance and general condition of the car.

Last edited:
I wasnt looking for credit I dont like that LOL

I like to stay off the grid. with my tin-foil hat.

I love the NSX and if someone needs help working on an NSX I will jump to help.if I have parts to give I will give them without question.

I love the NSX and if someone needs help working on an NSX I will jump to help.if I have parts to give I will give them without question.

U sir, are very humble. :biggrin:

Bravo!!!
You my friend are a great asset to this community.

Zaid

Back