• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Finally, will be an owner soon

After all these years of looking, envying and searching. I found one just few miles down the road from me. We finalized the deal yesterday and put a $1000 deposit on it until I can get all the funds together to finish off the transaction and wait for the weather to clear up.

No pic as of yet but here is a detail spec of the NSX.

91 NSX Black/Black 5 speed
Interior perfect 10
Exterior 9.5 with a few rock chips
11,xxx miles
Simmons FR17 Front and FR18 Rear wheels
Cantrell Concpets Intake
DC Header
Tubi Exhaust
All New After Market Speaker (cannot remember which brand) with SUB and External AMP.

Hopefully, I can take this baby home soon when ever the snow melts. :biggrin:

Congraulations, wow it sounds like you've found a gem indeed! You won't believe the feeling you'll have when you go and pick it up and drive it back. Welcome to NSX ownership :biggrin: Post pics when you can. 11,xxx miles unbelievable. Make sure you drive it more, get your enjoyment out of it.

sounds like a really nice car! by the way what are you paying??

Thanks guys,

I am paying top dollar for it but considered the low mileage and 12k of after market parts, I think it is well worth it. What do you think?

Jon

Congrats!!! and welcome... now lets see some pix.
38k... i guess it's fair, very low ml 12k, :smile:

38K is very strong money but what do know... I paid $32k for a essentially bone stock 1992 with 26k miles. my car was perfect and only had the 2001 rims on it. If its what you want, snag it.

no pic yet.

I will post some pic when I get it.

The seller wasn't really an active member but he is registered in prime.

Seems like quite a bit of $ for the car, but look at all of the people that fly across country to see a car then pay to ship it back. Air fair $400, hotel $200, food & beer $300, shipping $1200, Owning you own NSX PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!

At first I felt I pay a little too much for it then I figured the money, time and aggervation that I will save by not flying, driving, rental car, hotel, food and shipping the NSX from other state made a huge difference. Plus, with the mod that already on the NSX that I will likely spend if I have gotten a totally stock low mile NSX, those mod money can be used for other NSX goodies.

I still don't have the car yet, waiting for the snow to melt :mad: before I will take delivery.

maynard said:
Seems like quite a bit of $ for the car, but look at all of the people that fly across country to see a car then pay to ship it back. Air fair $400, hotel $200, food & beer $300, shipping $1200, Owning you own NSX PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!
Food & beer $300? (this is how your allowance should be devided if your doing a big purchase)
food=$20
beer=$280
NSX=priceless

Cheers :biggrin:

The Berlina Black Club welcomes you!

hmmm... A sincere congratulations to you on acquiring your NSX! It's an amazing feeling, leaves one speechless. It sure sounds like you knew what you were looking for and therefore didn't let it out of your grasps! My good friend in Austin bought a NSX w/ similar miles about a year and a half ago and it was at a premium. :redface:

I think you got a fair deal IF the car has had the 6yrs/90k service/maintenence done (*Timing belt, *water pump, *coolant hoses replaced, valves adustment, inspection of seals/gaskets, coolant flushed, etc). That's amongst the most important and also costliest of the scheduled service intervals ($1,500-2,500+). It is very, very important that this has been done on a 15 year old car, despite it's mileage! :eek:

Also, your car has three of the most common mod's or aftermarket changes that NSX owners usually perform: aftermarket wheels ($2,500+ for FR17's), I/H/E (Intake mod. isn't all that instramental for performance in the NSX, but the Cantrell AIS does give a nice roar at low-end rpm's! Aftermarket headers & exhaust can run $2,500-3,000+), and stereo mod's (price can be from a few hundred greenbacks to thousands, depending on the setup & components used!) :cool:

By the way, I'm first in line IF you choose to sell your Tubi exhaust! :tongue:
When the weather clears up, take out your NSX and let it rip! If the sound doesn't appeal to you, you can hear some audio of other top selling exhausts for the NSX (ANYTIME, Taitec's GT Lightweight & JGTC Parallel, Comptech, GruppeM, the Neo-RM_racing one (?)... etc)

Science of Speed Exhaust Sound Comparison (click here)

We all look fwd to the pics, exterior and interior!

Thanks for all the warm welcome.

I think I will pick up the NSX this Saturday.
I will post pic soon.
:biggrin:

That's awesome J. Congratulations. Did the deal work out as we discussed? If so, I'd be pretty ok with the price. I paid a little bit on the high side for mine too (it had 51K miles on it - 53K now), but it had a new trans, new clutch, 60K service service done (including water pump and timing belt), new brakes, fresh tires, bose speaker amps were all replaced, custom leather (dark perforated grey with red stitching), never been tracked, all repair records and it was in nearly perfect condition. Sometimes you get what you pay for. Also, the search, while in some ways enjoyable, is still fairly stressful. So there's a monetary value to ending the search early.

Anyway..... if you are free on Saturday, why don't you come show off the car at the go-kart racing place and you'll get test your driving skills in a much safer environment!

It's always better to spend a little more and get a better car. Mines a 94 with about the same amount of mods and just a few more miles, but I got a sweet deal and paid quite a bit less. Tough to go wrong with the low miles.
Have fun.

Congrats..... I will be too... yeaa... northern VA, I am going to pick up mine in PA Thursday or Friday ... I, however am taking a different approach to my need for an NSX. I went very cheap, with high milage, but I looove wrenching on cars. Here's the trick... if somthing on the car breaks I simply tell my wife that it was an inferior part and voila ....Big brake kit..... :biggrin:..
Oh, and I plan on driving my Nsx till the damn wheels come off..(then I'll purchase new 18/19's). Dont get me wrong ... I take extreme care of my vehicles but my girl has got to work for her money....
Woodbridge to Sterling commute three times a week..... except in rain and snow.(I can hear metro members shuddering from here)

Here is the pic, picked it up last night.

link is bad, I cant see the pics...

Back