• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

From the worst seller to the best seller, got my NSX

Finally got my NSX from Ameer Ali in LA. He was the opposite of the slug in MO that had the black/black 91 with the bad body repair. Ameer agreed on the price on Friday, cleaned the car up, changed the oil, even got a new headlight bulb when he realized one was out, ordered new coolant hoses for me, picked me up at the airport Sunday morning right on time, told me everything he knew that needed fixed or replaced, etc, even filled the gas tank. Can't say enough nice things about the guy. He is the seller we all hope for and all hope to be.

I flew into LAX Sunday at 9am from Omaha and we had the deal completed and I was on my way before lunch. Got out of LA via his directions and my GPS. Headed through Vegas (very hot), Utah via I-15 and up to I-70 east through Denver. One bird strike in Utah (no apparent damage) and one major piece of metal road debris in Colorado just east of Grand Junction that pretty much totalled the lower lip, popped the front hood (safety catch held though), and pretty much scared the bejeezus out of me as I wasn't sure what I hit and if the entire front of the car was smashed. I was doing 80 and pulled over immediately and inspected the damage. Was very glad to see the hood just needed closing. The piece of metal was still hanging under the car at about the middle of the engine so I fished it out as a trophy. I'll try to attach pics of damage and road debris. Total trip was about 1600 miles in 3 days. Last day was all rain and I passed a semi hauling exotic cars while driving in the rain in Nebraska, made me laugh.

Car ran great with no issues, never had to add any oil, temp stayed at about the 3rd peg from cold, oil was 3.5 to 4.5 and alternator was about 14 volts. Averaged 80mph on the cruise, 26-32mpg (usually right at 28), AC on almost all the way. A fun but long drive I don't hope to repeat real soon.

Paul Hamer

PS: Ameer said that this car was rumored to be used in the movie Pulp Fiction so I am going to try to contact the original owner and document that if true. Ameer's plate was WN Wolfe, pretty fun.

Attachments

• NSX & quickee 300 001.jpg
    NSX & quickee 300 001.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 313
  • NSX & quickee 300 005.jpg
    NSX & quickee 300 005.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 334
  • NSX & quickee 300 008.jpg
    NSX & quickee 300 008.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 353
  • NSX & quickee 300 006.jpg
    NSX & quickee 300 006.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 387
Congrats on finding your NSX. Driving an NSX is an adventure.:eek: On the bright side, the damage is only to the lip. It could have been much worst if your NSX was 1 inch lower. Drive safe, and welcome aboard.:smile::smile::smile:

. PS: Ameer said that this car was rumored to be used in the movie Pulp Fiction so I am going to try to contact the original owner and document that if true. Ameer's plate was WN Wolfe said:
Correct me if i'm wrong, but wasnt that car black in the movie?

i haven't seen the movie in a while, but i'm glad i didn't have any money riding on it. :redface:

That's quite the road trip :cool:

Oh, what exhaust is that?

Congrats!
Brian

Glad you made it back in one piece.
That does sound like a great buying experience.
My memory could be wrong but shouldn't there be some type of wording or logo in the middle section between the tail lights?

In the movie there isn't a logo on the back of Wolf's NSX either.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HOhVFDCfD-8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HOhVFDCfD-8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Congrats!

In the movie there isn't a logo on the back of Wolf's NSX either.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HOhVFDCfD-8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HOhVFDCfD-8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Yeah there is, pause it at 1:18 and the tailight center clearly says ACURA...

Also the Pulp Fiction car did not have the roof painted to match, it was black. In the end though, it probably doesnt matter. :tongue:

congrats on the X

I will try to answer a few questions in one. The exhaust is a custom magnaflow made to the second owner's specs (probably pricey). The car was completely de-badged by the second owner about 1999-2000. No front or rear badge and the roof was painted silver as well as the front bumper re-shot for chips. Second owner also lowered the car with H&R springs and put on custom wheels.

So the car would have still had a black roof and front and rear badging in 1993-94 when Pulp Fiction was made. I have original window sticker and bill of sale from for the 1st owner complete with name and address in Oxnard, CA so I plan to try and contact him if he is still alive. Price was just over $65K plus tax.

Ameer was only the third owner. First owner sold it for financial reasons. Timing belt/water pump was done about 98,000 3 years ago. I picked up the car just after it rolled 118K and now it s a little shy of 120K. I really love the car so far and the exhaust has a very distictive growl when you ask for more power, otherwise fairly quiet and comfortable to driver long distances.

Congrats on your purchase. Glad to read there was no damage besides the lip. I agree that you should replace it with OEM which stands up to alot of abuse.

When I bought my car I drove the same stretch of road from Denver to LA...got caught in one thunderstorm but luckily no hail. :smile:

So YOU'RE the one who was able to get in touch with the buyer and secure the car just before I did. (I told him if the sale falls through for any reason to let me have a crack and he agreed.)

Congrats on the purchase. It seemed like a really great car for an incredible price. Your testimonial proves it.

Luckily I found a single owner '95 for $25k from that same area.

Back