• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gamers, are you getting the PS4, XBOX One or both this year?

Gamers, are you getting the PS4, XBOX One or both this year?

• PS4

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • XBOX One

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Both

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 13 36.1%

• Total voters
"Microsoft has caved to the hordes of angry gamers who have been loudly complaining about its policies for used games and connectivity requirements for its upcoming Xbox One console. Microsoft has updated its Xbox One page to announce changes in its Digital Rights Management (DRM) policies. Users will no longer have to connect to the Internet every 24 hours to play games and restrictions on used games have been significantly eased. Now users will be required to connect to the web just once while setting up their Xbox and won’t be required to check in every 24 hours to play disc-based games. Microsoft also says that gamers can “trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today” and that “there will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.”

Thank god, NO DRM! Yay! I'm gettnig a PS4 first though...

M$ PR management is taking a beating. How unbelievably stupid. It's almost as bad an automobile company that puts an ugly beak on their entire line up then tells their clients that they refuse to rethink their design language after the fan base disappears.

Haha~! that's a good one

Fortuneately, the Xbox One (lame name by the way) has changed it's tune as previously posted.

For that reason I've re-considered getting the Xbox.
I likely won't be picking up a console this year as Forza 5 will be a huge distraction and I will be completing my 4th year of my engineering degree.

A stat that is never on paper is the controller (the thing you actually interact with):
I'm a fan on xbox's thumbstick layout.
The triggers are more like a real trigger (a good FPS feel)
I also like the concavity of the xbox thumbsticks, (I think the ps4 has also began to abandon the full convex?)

A last note on the xbox controller. I think the "trigger rubble" isn't getting the praise it deserves. I don't even play with vibration, but it is subtle and is something that hasn't been done before. The controller rumble has been around the block but the trigger rumble could add another interesting feeling to the next generation FPS.

Lastly, I used to play Halo 2 & 3 to death back in high school. I've kind of moved away from that, but I'll alway pick up the newest copy of the Halo fanchise. (God of War IS unreal though :moody: ).

Lucas

Right now I am worried my fanatec won't work with Xbox one. I hope it does.

Right now I am worried my fanatec won't work with Xbox one. I hope it does.

Man, that would really suck if it didn't. That is exactly why I am afraid of expensive peripherals. But what I'm more interested in is if Oculus Rift will work with these new consoles. Still holding out for VR to become a reality.

Man, that would really suck if it didn't. That is exactly why I am afraid of expensive peripherals. But what I'm more interested in is if Oculus Rift will work with these new consoles. Still holding out for VR to become a reality.

Same here. I've had the rift several weeks now, and it is hard to imagine buying an entire system that won't support it. Sony has several, and has expressed interest in making it work, so here's to hoping at least one of them does! Microsoft has been on my "bad" list even before the DRM disaster (still don't trust them, if they tried, they'll try again). That only sanctioned peripherals will work with the 360, and the flip side of the 360 peripheral having limited PC support only because they want it that way (Xbox wheel on PC? No FFB) was just controlling for monies sake. Very weak.

Won't even get started on how myself and everybody I know are on there THIRD Xbox due to poor build quality (RROD, Video card failure, DVD drive failure, etc).

I understand. I was going to comment on how the Capcom Fighter Stick is wireless on the Sony, but XBox forced a wire as it is not an in house product. They really are money grubbing whores.

I'll be honest, I boycotted Sony long ago but it seems that they have been humbled. Now Apple and M$ are just beginning to learn the lesson that Sony has finally bounced back from. If one console comes forward and actively supports the Rift from the outset, they will earn my $ in short order.

Last edited:
Real gamers use PCs. Consoles are for children.

I used to agree, but pcs cost too much to keep up and I work on my pc all day, so a console is a nice break. Plus I don't have to worry about a game killing my work pc.

I used to agree, but pcs cost too much to keep up and I work on my pc all day, so a console is a nice break. Plus I don't have to worry about a game killing my work pc.

Same here. I used to laugh at console gamers but these days I don't want to spend money on video cards or time messing with drivers. I can fire up the 360 and actually play games instead of messing with it.

Same here. I used to laugh at console gamers but these days I don't want to spend money on video cards or time messing with drivers. I can fire up the 360 and actually play games instead of messing with it.

+1 haven't played pc games since 2006...pretty much since the beginning of current gen consoles. No need. They look just as good and imo have better games.. At least for me. PC games worth playing are far and few in between and most of those have console counterparts. Agreed the odd releases are there like those mmo rpgs but I don't touch those as frankly I have a life and much rather be doing other things with my friends, family and of course the X than sit in front of a computer for hours on end.

Good thing about the consoles vs a PC desktop is that it's portable. You can easily bring it with you anywhere. When the PS3 came out, we got a hell of a deal with the blueray player. In addition, I think consoles bring back that nostalgia, I had with the Sega Master System, Nintendo, etc. Odd enough those were the ones that killed the Arcade industry :(

Back