• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gas prices

allyourincomearebelongtous9ca.jpg

I'm semi thankful that my car died @ the beginning of the summer and I've had no wheels for 5 months. No gas prices for me :D, just stronger legs from the bike hehe.

Seriously, I guess I will probably live to see the day when gas hits $10 a gallon, and we (hopefully) switch to alternative methods of fuel. Hydrogen, fuel cell, ethanol, solar, magic monkeys, whatever it takes... Look at what we've done technologically in the last 100, 50, and 25 years... I truly believe we'll find a solution to this in due time.

Re: Why Crap ??

Yellow Rose said:
Why are you calling Shell gasoline "crap"? :confused:

Did you know that Shell is an approved supplier of race fuel and lubricants to a certain Formula One race team? :rolleyes: That would be Ferrari.

Because Shell’s gas is good enough for them, I totally disagree with you calling their product "crap". They aren't one of the world's top three oil companies by selling "crap". Sheesh, some people probably had one bad experience with a company's product and now thinks all their gasoline is crap". :mad:

Or are you calling it "crap" because of the price? :confused: If so, then all gasolines are currently "crap".

Andy, I believe he was calling it crap because it was regular and not premium as required by the NSX.

loNfastNSX said:
Nope. I think thats industry standard for a last kick in the jewels. :frown:

Why not just round up to the next penny? Seems like trickery to me. Oh look gas is only 2.99...no it is 2.99 9/10 might as well say 3 bucks.

Gas humor

Attachments

• gas2a.jpg
    gas2a.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 131
Yellow Rose, to counter your argument of Shell, Shell has done some shady stuff in the past. When villagers in Nigeria and other african countries refused to have their land filled with Shell's equipment, Shell teamed up with corrupt government officials in the local countries to kill entire villages of natives. I think Shell paid a mere billion to local officials, and made more than $35B in profits. this was publicized in the past, and its very likely that other oil companies have participated in a similar manner.

Hopefully, gas prices have peaked for the short term, as spreads between trading and what consumers are paying are substantially higher than normal. Also, lots of oil companies are currently executing hedges at current levels, which is a sign that the companies don't expect too much more of an upswing.

NSXFreak00 said:
Yellow Rose, to counter your argument of Shell, Shell has done some shady stuff in the past. When villagers in Nigeria and other african countries refused to have their land filled with Shell's equipment, Shell teamed up with corrupt government officials in the local countries to kill entire villages of natives.

Shell teamed up with corrupt a government to kill villages of natives? An international company engaged in genocide? Prove it.....sounds to me like an urban legend of sorts. :rolleyes:

Yes, there is corruption and bribes in some countries. But that doesn't make their gasoline "crap" regardless of octane put in the vehicle. PS - I used work for Shell for fifteen years. Am I biased towards their product? Yes. Am I supportive of their business dealings? Not always, particularly when they over-stated their proven reserves.

my mom paided 60 bux to fill up her MDX...she wishes she can use regular...but I dont think you can...see what I wanna know is...WHY cant someone make something for all cars that take 90+ and make it take the regular...they made it for trucks, so why not everything else?

Pacemaker Kid89 said:
my mom paided 60 bux to fill up her MDX...she wishes she can use regular...but I dont think you can...see what I wanna know is...WHY cant someone make something for all cars that take 90+ and make it take the regular...they made it for trucks, so why not everything else?
Cost me $72 to fill up my Silverado last week and that was with regular at Costco :frown: :frown:

ss_md said:
Cost me $72 to fill up my Silverado last week and that was with regular at Costco :frown: :frown:

Only 46 to fill up my Titan...had a half thank when I started filling. :frown: :frown: I am filling at a 1/2 tank so it won't hurt as much.

steveny said:
Only 46 to fill up my Titan...had a half thank when I started filling.

Ouch. $46 for 1/2 tank = $92 for full tank. I'm not looking forward to that. I'm taking a road trip in my Expedition this weekend and I guess I better get ready to pay at least $90 to fill up the 30 gal. tank. :frown:

mickeylex said:
Ouch. $46 for 1/2 tank = $92 for full tank. I'm not looking forward to that. I'm taking a road trip in my Expedition this weekend and I guess I better get ready to pay at least $90 to fill up the 30 gal. tank. :frown:
Be glad it is not a Ford Excursion. Worse yet is the Chevy dually my brother-in-law just bought. 454 with a whipple supercharger....4 MPG. :eek: :eek:

Back