• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gil's wheels

Thanks Guys,

First: The Auctioned ended yes! This will be the second time a buyer wanted something so bad it was out of reach (His finances were not ready and ultimately unapproved):confused: Be ready!!!!

Second: I have the Brembo Indy BBK. Not installed (debating). I don't like raising prices but if installed of coarse it will :smile:

Third:
1352756877.jpg

I have more, sorry cell pic (well a majority of all the pics are my cell LOL. I think this is the best my cell phone can do for pics at the moment.

SO I will keep rowing the boat I do have a fantastic offer from a Primer!!!:smile:

Last edited:
Thanks Guys,

First: The Auctioned ended yes! This will be the second time a buyer wanted something so bad it was out of reach (His finances were not ready and ultimately unapproved):confused: Be ready!!!!

Second: I have the Brembo Indy BBK. Not installed (debating). I don't like raising prices but if installed of coarse it will :smile:

Third:

I have more, sorry cell pic (well a majority of all the pics are my cell LOL. I think this is the best my cell phone can do for pics at the moment.

SO I will keep rowing the boat I do have a fantastic offer from a Primer!!!:smile:

Gil the car looks great loving the stance even though it looks pretty low. What wheels & sizes did you wind up going with? I've been thinking about putting my LE28N's from my '00 on the '91 Magnum to see what would look like.

Sorry to hear your selling must be hard after so much time has been invested. I've been asked a few times already if I would sell it, and if I could put a dollar amount on it... I respond back with its like Sliding the Knife between both palms with a 100lb weight attached to it. I can't sell it yet its like giving birth to my baby right now... plus I still have tons to do interior wise. We'll see where things go next season, I'm sure someone will jump on your beast soon!

Btw your cell takes way better pics than my blackberry 9900... lol

Last edited:
Gil the car looks great loving the stance even though it looks pretty low. What wheels & sizes did you wind up going with? I've been thinking about putting my LE28N's from my '00 on the '91 Magnum to see what would look like.

Sorry to hear your selling must be hard after so much time has been invested. I've been asked a few times already if I would sell it, and if I could put a dollar amount on it... I respond back with its like Sliding the Knife between both palms with a 100lb weight attached to it. I can't sell it yet its like giving birth to my baby right now... plus I still have tons to do interior wise. We'll see where things go next season, I'm sure someone will jump on your beast soon!

Btw your cell takes way better pics than my blackberry 9900... lol

Some of the mods kill me and I hear it from quite a few to part her out or keep her (too much put into the car). I love the color it isn't the norm on these and the stance, I do have VRH =) nothing but either adjusting coils or hitting a button for 4x4 mode. I have never been a fan of GAP, makes these cars look Eh!!!

Any engine bay pics lol

Thanks Guys,

Third:
1352756877.jpg

Ok seriously, which wheels are these?

Ok seriously, which wheels are these?

They are called Work XT7 in 17x7.5 and 18x9.5.

215/40/17 and 255/35/18

Offsets are +40 front and +38 rear. Spacers can bring these out but the fact at any slope/angle or bump they do not rub on the liners, tabs etc.

Last edited:
They are called Work XT7 in 17x7.5 and 18x9.5.

215/40/17 and 255/35/18

Offsets are +40 front and +38 rear. Spacers can bring these out but the fact at any slope/angle or bump they do not rub on the liners, tabs etc.

They look GREAT. :thumbup:

I especially like the just slightly concaved rear wheels.

Classy.

Agreed. I actually like these the best out of the past wheel choices. Even though I prefer 18/19... the no lip/solid spokes looks great and the all black on the grey looks sweet. The works remind me of the OEM GTR wheels but in smaller sizing.

Nice!!

Any updates.

I saw this car on ebay, I placed couple bids on it lol.
If I would have seen this build thread, I may have increased my bid amount

I saw this car on ebay, I placed couple bids on it lol.
If I would have seen this build thread, I may have increased my bid amount

I had the link posted on that ad for references to potential buyers.

I have not driven the car since the Austin craze, I really thoroughly enjoyed the ride to the meet. I do have updates but do not have time currently on the NSX. So it remains covered till sold.

Last edited:
I want this carrrr!!!!! Someone buy my nsx!! lol

Time for an update for the 2013 season. I have been toying with many parts on the NSX the past few years and constructed quite a bit of items before they get installed all at once. Utilizing carbon composite and tooling materials. I decided to share one of the processes in making a part. There are quite a bit of tutorials and Composite forums I lurk and utilize this to making the NSX from an empty investment to a heavy consolidated one.

After scoring authentic SPOON mirrors and inspired by Vroom (Jeff) I decided to go my route and create with slight differences that work with the OEM bodied NSX. So the moulding process:

After disassembly and researching I will create a part that is full electronic to OEM functions down the line. First I will start with a manual version in a two part mould process.
Without cutting the mirror in half and using it as a reference. I began with the top portion of the mirror housing using Mold release wax in several layers.
1358642705.jpg

I utilized a mirror since releasing from this has not been too hard in the past. The modeling clay process a little over half of the housing to give me trimming room later. I gauged this by eye and just smoothed it till I was satisfied with the area.
1358642603.jpg

1358642601.jpg

Spray Applied several coats of PVA which is an additional safe guide to prevent catalyst lock on the part to be moulded.
1358642589.jpg

Tooling gel
Could not find my tooling gel spray gun so I had to apply by brush. =/ First coat of gel, will apply shortly after tack coat. Hopefully locating my gun prior to.
1358642595.jpg

Keep posted! Working on a rear view mirror to match the mirrors also. =)

Last edited:
I think I like where this is going, Please tell me you'll be selling these!

Last edited:
Are you making the GT1 style side mirrors? If so I definitely will like to see how this turns out :D.

Back