• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gil's wheels

I picked a color yaaaay!!!:biggrin: It isn't white red, black or Poo brown metallic. If I don't like it then i'll fall on white with a black top.

Next step is whether to keep black top or go full color match top bottom.

Thanks for he help fellas.

-g-:tongue:

Thanks to you fellas Graphite it is. I will motivate from the Supperleggera and the Alpine NSX.

Thanks

NICE! I'm sure you will love it.....ive been trying to find pics of this one widebody that was painted that color... it had those crazy 3 spoke wheels... and a photographer guy owned it and sold it... not sure what happened to it... huge list of mods... anyone know which one im talking about? that color was perfect!

NICE! I'm sure you will love it.....ive been trying to find pics of this one widebody that was painted that color... it had those crazy 3 spoke wheels... and a photographer guy owned it and sold it... not sure what happened to it... huge list of mods... anyone know which one im talking about? that color was perfect!
I know the one... it was my desktop for a while.

The Telesto Gray (Grigio) is even more stunning in person. It almost takes on a slate blue tint at certain angles. Absolutely gorgeous color that would look great with or without a black top (although I would prefer the black). There is also another Lambo gray, the Grigio Proteus. Check them both out... the Proteus has larger metallic flakes whereas the Telesto has extremely small gold flakes that are very hard to spot.

Congrats!

Last edited:

Your talking about the DF widebody. a guy in middle east owns it.

I am excited about the color, the car went from deciding black, to pearl white from the lexus, to medium flat black, to white to the final GRAPHITE color area. I have pics with these cars in graphite when i was at Lambo or Portland.

Keep posted when paint starts. =)

Thanks guys

Last edited:
My god.. this is a beautiful build. If you don't mind me asking, can you ballpark how much has been invested into the bodywork and the interior, etc. I'm dying to know.

My god.. this is a beautiful build. If you don't mind me asking, can you ballpark how much has been invested into the bodywork and the interior, etc. I'm dying to know.

I have no prob giving people ball park figures. I kept a log of everything spent and what was done and there is a lot of wasted time and money involved but in the end you have to most certainly do things yourself which could have saved me quite a bit of money with a completed car. With mods I have not shown yet and what is shown I am roughly near 58k just in build, parts, labour and shipping components/entire car to several places. This comes from changing parts, themes, unexpected turbulence in build time and part repair. I am blessed to actually have knowledge in this field especially paint/body which I do on the side. If you'd like more details PM me i'll give some individual figures.

Thanks for the compliments. Let me update the thread in a lil, late night at the MMA fights.:biggrin:

-g-

Your talking about the DF widebody. a guy in middle east owns it.

I am excited about the color, the car went from deciding black, to pearl white from the lexus, to medium flat black, to white to the final GRAPHITE color area. I have pics with these cars in graphite when i was at Lambo or Portland.

Keep posted when paint starts. =)

Thanks guys

ok...the wide body that was sold to the middle east WAS NOT the graphite color...it was a lambo color called Grigio Proteus, and has metal flake in it

the other car mentioned, (mine) was sold to a guy in LA and it was the graphite color...its is called grigio telesto it actually has a small amount of gold pearl in it whicg is what makes it "flat" looking.
here is a pic
IMG_55251.jpg

IMG_55141.jpg

afternsx82.jpg

hey Marc,

I actually went back after I decided and researched these pics back up. i couldn't figure out which one you picked. It looks awsome. Not trying to bite but I picked up the Modified mag and was like wait a minute. If I go this route I will paint the top or chose my first choice. I will check the BASF paint store see what i like in person aswell on the color chips. I may alter that color just a bit to me to make it diff.

-g-

Last edited:
Had pictures taken to show you fellas the gapping from the shop and how the panels come. I see throughout the site people asking the quality of the kit is. These are true sorcery parts. Nothing is perfect so changes and corrections have to be done.

GilsNSXdelivery115.jpg

GilsNSXdelivery125.jpg

GilsNSXdelivery127.jpg

GilsNSXdelivery130.jpg

006.jpg

The gapping of the fender to doors is a big dissapointment. You can stick your finger in there

003.jpg

005.jpg

016.jpg

As soon as the bumper arrives and the headlights i can best assess the gapping without work to see really how far off it is.

Hope this helps you fellas.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CUjclEQD4NM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CUjclEQD4NM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This was the NSX i was talking about.... :eek: Looks like its in Kuwait now.... crazy!!

Last edited:
HI fellas,

I am working on getting seals etc for misc areas for the car. I received more items for the car but will follow along during completion. I will be starting the body again and alignement and removal of items on a do it yourself write up. Keep posted i will have pics up.

Thanks

Last edited:
Sweet looks like the ball is rolling again! Didn't know you were back! I'm definitely digging everything! I'll be honest, I think the seats are definitely a bit too much for me, but the workmanship looks flawless.

If there's something I can help you with, plz just lmk! Keep up the good work (and our entertainment)!

Synergy, WOW is about all I can say! That is a serious undertaking, and it's turning out fantastic! The interior is almost EXACTLY how I picture my future NSX to look, with the only difference being the seats and the steering wheel. Keep up the good work man!

I knew the main fault some wouldn't like was the seats. for what it is I appreciate the opinions. it helps to know, but as we all work on our rides we build it to suit. I am still waiting on shipping and a lot of other components to proceed. been on a limbo a couple weeks now. SUCKS A$$

-g-

Damn Gil that's a lot of dedication but I have no doubt the end product will reflect every bit you put into it. It's got to make it that much more difficult handling much of it from over seas but don't lose sight of the finished product.

Hi Gil,

In contrast to some I like the seat detailing as it gives a modern twist and if you are/have gone for a Lambo color this is then a nice attention to detail.

I also like the limited use of CF.

The only bit I would have done differently for the interior is the door pads. I would have gone for the same effect as the seats to link the interrior together.

Looking good and keen to see how the bodywork all comes together ... there's definately a bit of 'finishing' required.

Good luck and keep focussed, its a great project!

regards, Paul

Paul

You have a great foundation on my reference in cars. Looking at several exotics (the 2010 SV Murci) and the NSXR.

The diamond stitching actually if seen in person goes with the headliner. I thought about the door panels and did no want to go all to much on diamond stitching the car.

The carbon pcs were selected in each area minimal without go overboard. Too much isn't always better. Looks cool but i like it to be well rounded. I could have easily gone Bride or status seats in red but seen it to often.

Alcantara, FI turboed NSX's are becoming more popular. I am glad to see more people step out of the comfort zone and revolutionizing the market for the NSX whether modded or purist in stock form.

I am staying focused and just researching the next ideas for the car. I can't wait to get the shipment in of parts which I inlcuded down below.

Clutchmasters clutch assy
New door seals
The missing carbon inner door handle assy and door switches
Modified Front bumper
Headlights
Sorcery rear diffusor
Sorcery Spats
wheel well liners

Waiting for install:

Brembo BBK
Full audio and navigation system
02+ tail lights and seals
full engine build components and sleeves
Upgraded transmission assy
ferrari F50 rear view mirror
Valentine 1 assy customized stealth
Security system
Brake ducting
New floor mats
New windshield
Upgraded Engine motor mounts
OEM HID Assy

List goes on but one at a time =)

Updates upon shipment arrival

Thanks for the posts guys and input of thought.

-g-

Hi Gil,

In contrast to some I like the seat detailing as it gives a modern twist and if you are/have gone for a Lambo color this is then a nice attention to detail.

I also like the limited use of CF.

The only bit I would have done differently for the interior is the door pads. I would have gone for the same effect as the seats to link the interrior together.

Looking good and keen to see how the bodywork all comes together ... there's definately a bit of 'finishing' required.

Good luck and keep focussed, its a great project!

regards, Paul

Last edited:
Back