• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gil's wheels

Wow, can't believe you shipped your car to Ravi!? Now that's dedication!

What do you mean by plaque? Mold??

Car went from a local shop (Fail), then trailored to Dallas (Fail) finally sent it off to Washington.

My analogy to "Plaque" is the garbage hidden where you can't see. Looks good on the outside, things seem fine. Clean it out you find a bunch of CRap (Plaque):biggrin:

Last edited:
Tackling the car in multi stages earlier in the year, Rav had my car sent to the frame alignment shop to get acurate specs on how level the car is and other knick knacks. My car has never been in an accident but over time wear and tear can bring anything out of adjustment. So 1100.00 bucks later she is squared off and flat to go. The frame rail in the front was off making my car sit a little off on the right rear. On with suspension upgrades

Tein Suspension install with the air cups.:biggrin:
l_357f158609104b85bad272d01cf020d5.jpg

The compressor and tank Just a mock up. I have ideas on other possibilities.

l_38606e1f3df542a595b18b328a95da24.jpg

l_385ef09e1aac456ab47d951c938f45f2.jpg

:biggrin:

Last edited:
Yo bud is it low enough or do you want me to make it lower?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK-bYYMVny0

:smile:

haha dude what are u listening to? :eek::tongue: lol

and is the compressor loud? it would be kind of pimp to pull up and slam it ghetto style when u pull up to a restaurant..haha :) but the noise would be embarrassing i think! :redface:

Last edited:
haha dude what are u listening to? :eek::tongue: lol

and is the compressor loud? it would be kind of pimp to pull up and slam it ghetto style when u pull up to a restaurant..haha :) but the noise would be embarrassing i think! :redface:

LOL the most predictable first comment:biggrin:.....on the music.

No the compressor is not loud at all, just echoes and sounds loud inside my shoebox shaped shop, outside its not bad at all.

And...btw, you CAN drive it that low, just raise to go over speedbumps, driveways etc.

Rav

I wonder if u can stick the air canister between the engine and the trunk inside the engine bay?

Sorry for the long delay. A lot has happened since my last update. The car is now back in Texas for me to complete. I will fill everyone in when I get settled with a picture trail again. The car is now up in the air on it's final outcome.
GilsNSXdelivery035.jpg

GilsNSXdelivery058.jpg

GilsNSXdelivery060.jpg

GilsNSXdelivery081.jpg

GilsNSXdelivery084.jpg

GilsNSXdelivery093.jpg

Car finally after 1.5 yrs hits it's new home.
GilsNSXdelivery088.jpg

GilsNSXdelivery104.jpg

GilsNSXdelivery102.jpg

An interior update for the fellas who have been PMing. Here ya go.

GilsNSXdelivery110.jpg

GilsNSXdelivery098.jpg

Update this Sunday or something. I am jet lagged:frown:

Update!!! yayyy!!

Well the car sits till it gets all the pieces back from shipping. I updated each page with new pics of voided build processes. I am going to continue the build for the hopeful Vegas NSXPO then move on. So the boat rows once again.

Here are more interior pics everyone has been waiting for.

GilsNSXdelivery113.jpg

GilsNSXdelivery142.jpg

GilsNSXdelivery150.jpg

More in a bit.

Last edited:
looks good! when are you going to finish the front end and paint that spot on the rear? :wink:

When I get the front from shipping. Been waiting on it. The front needs to be blocked, gapped, prepped and I will coincide this with the rear and recolor the car. I can't stand black now. Too much work. The rear I am waiting on the rear diffusor and spats so I can mock that up. Make changes. Reassemble the car and the interior since its coming back out. By then the motor and the FOrced induction should be done and I can finalize the car etc.

=)

When I get the front from shipping. Been waiting on it. The front needs to be blocked, gapped, prepped and I will coincide this with the rear and recolor the car. I can't stand black now. Too much work. The rear I am waiting on the rear diffusor and spats so I can mock that up. Make changes. Reassemble the car and the interior since its coming back out. By then the motor and the FOrced induction should be done and I can finalize the car etc.

=)

so what color are u going with? :)

That interior is simply awesome love the contrast between the black and red. Exterior color either black, red, or white would work. I too think white is getting a little overdone but would go great w/ the interior! Thanks for the great thread. :smile:

That interior is simply awesome love the contrast between the black and red. Exterior color either black, red, or white would work. I too think white is getting a little overdone but would go great w/ the interior! Thanks for the great thread. :smile:

I agree also, there are already several red sorcery styled NSX's on the forums so this is out although I like red I have to stay out of that arena and leave to the fellas already.

I have only seen two black complete sorcery without the mixed rear quarter (TAITEC). I hate cleaning black!:mad:

The white mainly cantrells kit or mixed pieced white widebodies, Only complete Sorcery non mixed minus my side skirts is the Alpine NSX and another I saw from a thread on here. The majority of the White has been with OEM bodied to subtle mods including the NSX R reps on the forums. If it's white I will most likely go with a color from the LP560 and go black top since the Alpine is top and bottom matched. I have seen the pearl and the balloon white lambos. I have the same rear end, front bumper, fenders and quarters minus my flare addition to the Alpine NSX. I hate choosing colors. I will spray the front black and the misc areas needed and evaluate how I like the solid color. I'll snap pics during this process before I make a complete color change. While black I can also evauate if any imperfections were missed aswell (waves etc).

Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it.

-g-

I think a color approximating the Ferrari 430 Silver (slightly lighter than the Kaiser Silver), with a black top, would look incredible.

I think a color approximating the Ferrari 430 Silver (slightly lighter than the Kaiser Silver), with a black top, would look incredible.

Or that Lamborghini Graphite Gray! Can't remember what its called...

Not many of this red colour around. Btw how did you get the gas cap lock?
rd03_b.jpg

THanks guys for the input. I will take a look at those colors.

JIN- The gas door was custom made and functions just as OEM does. Love the color with black wheels, always been a fan of that.

I am gonna do color searches today at work since I have been a bit slow here.

Last edited:
Back