• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gil's wheels

Oh don't take it as me knocking it, I love the attention to detail, it's just not my style.

Keep truckin' on Gil!

Steve, I know you mean well. I know your not. I'll buzz you on a weekend possibly and show you the ride.

-g-:biggrin:

sweet, maybe seeing the seats in person will do them better justice. So what's the eta on parts?

I wish i could tell you the date i am suppose to get all of it. Shouldnt have been taken off. I have had the car back for awhile and it is very aggrivating waiting.

Parts are due in from Japan, and the rest from Washington.

Hello fellas,

The latest update, I will officially be a non NSX owner as the car will go on to a close family/friend. I have put up with so much bullshit with dragging the car across many States and finally came to the conclusion to let her go. A lot of time and money wasted on the past few years and I am very happy to let this one go to the new owner. The build thread will continue as the process of the car will be documented and posted here on this thread. I have good things to say about some portions of the car and quite a bit of resentment and discontent with the dealings I have had during the build process. Life goes on. I Will have a full summary with all vendors involved and parts used and discarded. Should be quite helpful.

As for the current status, I Am still awaiting major parts to arrive. I just recieved the headlights and awaiting the rest. Pics of the rest when arrival happens.

=) Gil

Hi Gil,

A sad day but I guess one can only offer so much patience! At least you will get to see the project finished (eventually), thanx to the family member picking up the batton.

I've had a couple of long product gestations that do make you question whether any NSX project is worth undertaking.

I'll look out for your vendor feedback and I'm sure this will be helpful to all that may be considering a major NSX project. My only ask is to keep it factual and take out the emotion (hard as it might be)

Thanx for sticking with this project this far and for sharing the success's you have had, most notably with the interior.

Warmest regards,

Paul

Paul,

I am still building the car, gotta hand the ride to a good family member. I will still get to drive her aslong as i dont make him Jealous with a Murci LOL.

As for emotions, I poured heart and soul into it ofcoarse emotions. BUt when it comes to vendor I do speak politically correct in all aspects. =) The interior I worked on today adding all new door seals. Wiring for the complete audio and install of many components. Carbon gauge bezel yada yada.

I will have pics up shortly on the front end on complete mock up fellas.

I got to install the floor mats, TOUGH install. I should do a write up.

Picture trail to follow...

Gil

Great thread....glad to see that you are still working on it. You dumped a ton of money! :eek:

Here are some of a mock up I did uppon recieving the front bumper yesterday.

Tested the adjustable suspension and will have to make some tweaks here and there. The front will have to get sectioned and fitted to beyond OEM spec. Then finally hitting the full mock up with areas needing extensive blocking and reinforcement.

Finally new pics taken yesterday.

023.jpg

032.jpg

037.jpg

Raising the front with a button certainly has its advantages to getting underneath besides getting up and over bumps.
027-1.jpg

Are solution till I add a stay road for the hood.
041.jpg

Battery died so removal and a new battery replaced.
044.jpg

I dumped the rear to see prior to adding the fedder liners and to make changes after the front is completed.
028.jpg

Today will be brake upgrade, new door seals, and more wiring of the headlights.

Gil

Teaser pic. The rear I am making a one off for myself. I never liked the open rear diffusor. The rear sorcery diffusor is a no show. Got tired of waiting and I can save a lot more money with building it myself. So far it is coming out great. Blocking stage and high build primer soon. I will have more pics to follow. The front is sectioned and will continue blocking etc.

084.jpg

Well? post more photos all ready......And how about them viper wheels?:biggrin:

Update:

No pictures yet, the car is currently sitting awaiting for me to get back home again. Many new things in the works. Hopefully the engine is pulled and the complete build of this including many other goodies installed. Complete paint and tweeks on the interior and exterior. The front bumper will recieve a fabricated carbon under belly pan built. The cooling system for the new power upgraded. All hoses and maintenance update for the remainder of the car updated aswell.

Will update when I get a chance when back Conus.

=g=
Sorry for the long delay.

The project continues, for final fitment and readjustment. I just arrived back and the Jet Lag is kicking in so night time is my time while everyone is asleep.

Pictures from before of the sectioning to get the cars lines back to OEM. I cut the areas that needed correcting. I cut the fenders and hood to bumper area.

Hood before any modifications. The lines and the quality of the Sorcery hood has very bad fitment. The gap from the bumper to the fender was so much it needed to be completely cut.
DSCF3168.jpg

During the sectioning process I used popsicle sticks and a glue gun to line up the hood to the bumper and made adjustment.

Here is the cut portion of the hood.
DSCF3174.jpg

I glassed the back of the hood with fiberglass matting.
DSCF3177.jpg

DSCF3176.jpg

Same treatment went to both front fenders.
DSCF3172.jpg

More updates very soon... Saga continues

=g=

Last edited:
Excellent idea with the popsicle sticks! Wish I would have thought of that with all the fiberglassing I've been doing my widebody... Lookin good!

Finished or not, bring that ride to NSXCraze.....:cool:

Eyecandy,
Tricks of the trade =)

Brent,
Isn't it going to thunderstorm that weekend? I have been working on both NSX's with my bro. The Sorcery will get a full satin temporary paint job to work to focus on other things prior to full paint (just ensuring body is straight and have it one color. I have a lot of molds to finish up aswell and fabrication and maintenance to do.

Here is is the gapping outcome.

089.jpg

091.jpg

=g=

Last edited:
Gil, nice to see an update, its looking good. It will be nice to see it at XPO all satined out.

:cool:No rain fri or sat. slight chance sunday

Rahim, anytime come on up i'll show you carbon molding. Mi casa Su Casa

Brandon, Finally I know. Not sure it'll stay satin but depends on how I feel. I am still going with the color we discussed before.

Brent, I just checked the weather. If I can get the car completely lined, and other tid bits done I will bring it. I almost thought of trailoring it. We should be there with others. The weather looks good though.

Pictures very soon

=g=

U gotta come dude.........:cool:

Back