• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gil's wheels

Hi, what wheels are you going to run? Those with spacers? The one thing I hate about NSX's is the down time and money required to mod them.....The price you pay to be unique I guess........:cool:

Hi, what wheels are you going to run? Those with spacers? The one thing I hate about NSX's is the down time and money required to mod them.....The price you pay to be unique I guess........:cool:

Hey Brent I have some new wheels for the car. Should be here after their completion in about a week. I went with 18x8.5 front 19lbs (should have went nines) but wanted to play safe and a rear 19x11 24lbs. Tried getting
19x12 but the company I went through for these wheels (brand X) sorry when the car is painted i'll post the name and pic LOL. Sticking with a 300 series rear tire to plant the power that will be pushed out. Those wheels pictured are posted in the forsale section which reminds me to update. Those on there now do have spacer for more of an appeal or effect lol.

=g=

Getting ready to take more items off to get the whole jamming done Saturday for Sealer, base and clear.

045.jpg

043.jpg

010-3.jpg

Keep posted for color finally.

Body paneling is 95% to my approval and is ready for final mold production of carbon. Have to first paint the plug to ensure perfect surfacing.

=g=

Hard at work cleaning everything and assembling the car slowly. Here is a pic of the door with my recipe for detailing. Had a couple blemishes from dust. Went through a series of block sanding. Could have used the DA but decided to take my time and hit all the areas in one direction sanding.

DSC_2415.jpg

Did you remove the lock cylinder in each door to paint or tape them off?

I removed everything minus that and taped around it. Looked like a PITA from what I could see. I'm sure it isn't but I never tried.

Gil

Yeah I was thinking the same thing when I looked at it.

dang.

This build is awesome enough to get me to post.

Just read through, so is the car going to a family member, or are you keeping it?

The car when completed is for sale, it didn't go to the family member. I just want to finish what has been started. Only goal with the car besides getting to drive her again for a little.

=)

you are very talented. couldnt even try to do it on my nsx. keep up the very nice work. maybe one day ill come over and see both your creations.

Thanks I appreciate that. Today is a hustle day of numorous activities to get the car up to part. Try to do a record setting reinstall of the interior and serious color sanding and buffing. Finally have the new wheels. Installed them on my bros car to see how they fly. Awsome wheels I will post pics soon.

-g-

Here are some pics after Fed Ex dropped off the wheels. I had an excellent communication transaction through Element Motorsports (Robert) on the wheel status.

Daily Driving wheels www.forgestar.com

Test fitting the rear Forgestar F14.
010-4.jpg

011-3.jpg

fronts
013-3.jpg

tested on my bros Veiliside
015-2.jpg

017-2.jpg

019-1.jpg

Weighing the wheels

18x8.5 = 16.89lbs
19x11 = 20.82lbs

forgestar finish TITANIUM

Tires:
Bridgestone Potenza REO50A

fronts 235/35/18
Rear 305/30/19

Have plenty of room for a wider tire on the rears. Next tire set up will go 315's. Driving on this current set up did not set off the TCS. Pheww

A lot lighter than the previous wheels. Going to Forgestars web these wheels are flow formed wheels using the same technology used in racing activities today. Cost effectiveness and great style I could not beat. I am very happy with the outcome of the wheels. The site also contains a variety of offset ranges and sizes (widths and diameters)

Last edited:
Not to take away from your own build thread here, (I've been following it closely) but that Veilside looks amazing! :eek: And I've never been a big Veilside fan either.

Here you go Josh, the Veilside wheels should be coming in. It will have some other most awsome wheel set up.
022-1.jpg

026-1.jpg

014-3.jpg

015-2.jpg

Sometimes I hate the Veilside, other times I love it. It all depends on the angle. It is the only wide body that also widens the doors, which i am a huge fan of. The side shot here is pure sex.

Sent from my Droid

No prob on my build thread off track. The veilside does look amazing. This kit at first hesitant but actually seeing it done correct changed my mind. In the past 3 yrs it has been taken out twice with a huge response. I will talk to my bro to get a huge picture build thread of what he has and what I have. Interior is just about the same as mine with yellow stitching. Suspension is the same with the VRH kit on Teins. We are currently working on the Pride center exited exhaust. The last when in the works FI for the motor which at the moment is stock.

=g=

Will you and your brother be attending NSXPO? It would be nice to meet you in person, and I would love to give your cars a complete look over. As always, I'm in awe of your craft. Cheers.

Sent from my Droid

Will you and your brother be attending NSXPO? It would be nice to meet you in person, and I would love to give your cars a complete look over. As always, I'm in awe of your craft. Cheers.

Sent from my Droid

We are NSXPO bound. Just waiting on NSXCA I need to reregister and I am waiting on Hotel booking. It would be great meeting everyone. Talk story and our passion for our rides.

=g=

Back