• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Good news Honda more along than we thought

Check this out guys!

Tuesday 14th March 2006

Next NSX targeting Ferrari

Look out Ferrari! Work on the new Honda NSX is well advanced with a pair of stunning prototypes already testing in Japan, according to company insiders.

The old model featured a mid-engined layout, but engineers are testing this format and front-engined to ensure that the latest model is capable of challenging the Ferrari F430, Lamborghini Gallardo and forthcoming Lexus supercar.

Honda's technological tour de force will hit showrooms in 2009, and is intended to highlight its engineering prowess. Power is expected to
come from a high-revving, normally aspirated 500bhp V10 engine, which will ensure the NSX offers storming performance.

To keep it under control, Super Handing All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWD) is likely to be used. The electronically controlled set-up will debut in the UK on the forthcoming Legend. Styling is expected to preview an all-new design direction for the firm's sister brand, Acura, and the car will cost up to £90,000. Meanwhile, Nissan's luxury Infiniti arm is set to launch a new 400bhp coupé in Europe in 2008.
Peter Lyon

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/65429/next_nsx_targeting_ferrari.html

High reving 500 bhp V10, tissue please...

Go Honda!

But eh... 90.000 £? That's Porsche 911 Turbo territory... Won't be able to afford one the next 15 years :p

Mid engine Honda with SH AWD doesn't make sense. Maybe the ATTS found on the prelude situated in the back will make more sense?

Fifteen months into the project, Honda still has to sort out details like "layout".

0nsx-front_engine_concept.jpg

Dewain27 said:
they need to keep the price around 110k US to make it realistic... it is hard to compete with the buying experience and names like Lambo and Ferarri when you go and buy at a normal dealership that is selling 30k cars.

Just my .02

The Ferrari dealer in Oklahoma City sold Isuzus in the same dealership and showroom. The Lambo dealer in Denver I believe sells Hyundais at the same spot. Not to mention BMW sells Minis at their dealerships as well. I think the buying experience varies more on the dealership as opposed to the price point of the cars. I will agree that, in general, the higher end dealerships usually offer a better buying experience. I knew a guy that bought an F-40 and an Isuzu pickup at the same time from the same salesman and dealership. My only point is that if you have a quality product at any price point, people will buy it no matter where it is. Honda must feel that way, since they are entering the private jet market, taking on the Lambos and Ferraris of that area like Cessna, Lear etc. Just a thought.

With all the speculations and reports out there, reading between the lines, I strongly suspect ther are 2 sports car coming from Honda.

One is Front engine rear drive with engine up to a V8 along with SH-AWD. This platform will be proliferated across many vehicle lines.

The second is an all out sports car mid-engine with a v10 and also a cheaper version with the v8 option.

hmmmm.......2009. 3 more years of development, 2 years ago I can remember it was going to be 06-07 and we would have a HSC. Just another mag. playing the guessing game based on (there) source which is the same one thats been telling leading me on. I give up !!! Too little, too late I am afraid.

Back