• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gotta love Germany...

midNight Sun Xpress said:
Don't forget "driver limited"; when the car can go faster but the driver won't......
I had 270 kmh with three wheels in the passenger seat and the speed still increasing on my stock w/Remus exhaust. Then came the driver limiter in effect......
There is also "passenger limited", when the driver would like to go faster but the passenger objects. Loudly.

Maybe this should go in the "What's that NOISE?" section of the FAQ...

gheba_nsx said:
3 wheels in the cabin for several thousands km... it seems normal for the people living in Norway! :p ;)

Hi

I have no idea who you could be referring too :)

About NSX topspeed. I feel I could have gone faster have I had more road. Well the road was there, but there was slow moving vehicles at about170 km/h in front of me and I had to brake.

Regards

MvM said:
I've done 172mph in the NSX on several occasions (also in Germany) and at that speed then engine is only running at around 7000-7100 rpm (5-speed NSX). So it seems the car is indeed drag-limited which would suggest that more power will give you a higher top speed. I know of at least one person (with CTSC) who has done more than 185mph in his NSX.

I believe Paul Tracy did from Ca to Vegas racing an AMG Merc once. His was a CTSC NSX.

And yes with the correct added bhp, you could achieve top speed (redline) in 5th or 6th depending on the tranny. That of course also depends on all the factors mention above, including vehicle stability (hood pins, suspension, lift, toe, etc).

Gheba: As Martin refers to the other drivers that were about 170 km/h I guess he estimated their speed already too high. Average speeds here are way lower - you sometimes find morons on the left of 3 lanes with under 130 km/h when the right lanes are free - can lead to very dangerous experiences. But you may know that as a neighbour of Germany.

Hi

Some may say I was the moron when I came from behind in 270 km/h with my hair on fire (or what's left of it) :D

I choose to say that "the others" were morons since they were doing "only" 170 km/h and I had to brake :D

Regards

One day i will get there and go on the autobahn, i was wondering if any of you locals have any stories ya wanna tell me about the cars youve seen on there, it must be AWESOME!

What do you wanna hear? e.g. stories about a 355 challenge Ferrari with licence plate passing me with about double of the allowed speed in a limited autobahn zone (of course also with double of the allowed sound level)? AMG Mercs with removed speed limiters dive bombing from behind when you're already at top speed in your X?

Stories about faces of frustration in M3 Bimmers when you pass them because they have a 250 km/h limiters? A story of a frustrated NSX-Racer (me) when he suddenly realized that the tread of the rear tires was entirely gone and he couldn't go faster than 60 km/h on a limit free autobahn because of some drops of rain? Imagine the happy faces of truck drivers passing a super sportscar.

Man- that can be a dangerous place here...

Back