• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue in 2007

Agreed: the sound needs to be better, even if it has to be exaggerated a bit (like being able to hear the "outside" exhaust note from within the car).

The modding needs to be less segregated (like only certain cars being able to take a turbo or displacement upgrade etc). And if they're going to have different tuners, each tuner should have unique parts for the cars that they tune (some other-than-Japanese tuners would be nice, too).

why would this game still have old nsx's.

I wouldn't buy the game if it didn't! :D

It will be fun seeing how well our "old NSXs" can hang with the new boys...especially in 16 player online battles.

It will be fun seeing how well our "old NSXs" can hang with the new boys...especially in 16 player online battles.

Bring it!:wink: Oh wait game not out yet...nm...:tongue: :biggrin:

why would this game still have old nsx's. i was hoping to have at least a nsx-r gt

Just because the old one is in there doesn't mean that the new ones won't be. GT-4 has something like 15+ "different" versions of the NSX:

91 Honda (listed as 90)
92 Type-R
93 Honda
95 Honda
97 Honda
97 Type S
97 Type S-Zero
99 Honda
99 Type S
99 Type S-Zero
2002 Honda (listed as 2001)
2002 Type S
2002 Type R

91 Acura
95 Acura
97 Acura
04 Acura

All of the Acura "versions" are heavier than the Hondas, and quite noticably slower, too... go figure.

And, even then, with all of those combinations of NSXs, they didn't have the NSX-T (I'm still hoping I can finally take the roof panel off) or the Zanardi Edition.

Polyphony Digital is already hinting the next-gen NSX concept might be in GT5: Prologue. They had the HSC, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it.

I own both a PS3 and a 360 and I am excited about this game. I will be happy if the realism comes even close to that of Forza 2. The PS3 beats the 360 hands down in the graphics race, but overall 360 putting out much better games. Anyone know if PS3 has an FFB wheel yet?

I want to see more detailed tuning, with more options for parts and upgrades. EVERY car should be able to take any modification that is plausible. Why can't I turbo/supercharge my NSX? Why can't I bore/stroke anything other than a Skyline/Civic?

And I think there needs to be a bigger reason to buy/keep the cars, rather than just needing them to do one race and then never using them again. I want to feel a sense of ownership of the car, and like my choice of car actually has an effect on the game experience.

And hopefully, the AI will be more "realistic" in that it won't crash into me when I slow down to take a turn, or run me off the track trying to pass me on the inside.

Given the PS3's capabilities, I would expect to see different "personalities" behind the wheels of the competition. Some more aggressive raceers, some more strategic, some better at maximizing corner speed, some better at braking etc...

As it is now, GT4 felt more like GT 3.5 to me. I hope GT 5 is a REAL sequal, a completely new game.

I hope they fix a lot of problems that were in GT4 and before...

my main complaints:

1. fake physics
2. bad AI
3. bad sound effects on race cars
4. no in-car view

The 2 games that Polyphony needs to research and compare:
GTR2 and R-Factor

ALL of these problems have been answered with Forza 2...

Anyone know if PS3 has an FFB wheel yet?

PS3 is compatible with Logitech's PS2 USB force feedback wheels, including the 900 degree lock-to-lock Driving Force Pro and G25 (the latter is also fully compatible with the PC). Not all games currently support their force feedback function due to a lawsuit that has since been settled, but GT:HD has been patched. Though I haven't used Microsoft's wheel, from what I've read, both of these wheels are far superior.

ALL of these problems have been answered with Forza 2...

MOST, not ALL. Forza 2 does not have an "in car" view.

And driving physics ARE better in GT, drove both, Forza 2 is like driving on plastic tyres :)

And they didnt include collision physics in GT because they couldnt include it properly as it is extremely hard for programmers and for CPU, so its maybe better that way than hitting barrier with 30 kmh and flying 20 meters in the air like in some other games :)

Wow I think I need a PS3 just for this game.. that's going to be expensive. :(

Is there a complete car list somewhere? And does anyone know if the PS3 is compatible with the act labs wheel, shifter and pedal set? This is my current GTR2 setup:

Nice setup, but even if it works on PS3 you won't have FF. Actually FF was not present even on Logitech DFP and G25 but they patched it now so that FF works.

Downloaded both GT5 trialers on the ps3 in HD yesterday.. I must say it has the best graphics hands down. Looks so much better on your HDTV.

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=124908

The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu magazine features an interview with Gran Turismo series producer Kazunori Yamauchi. Here he talks about some of the new features for the upcoming Gran Turismo 5 Prologue.

• PlayStation Home icon on the top menu screen: within the Home universe, there will be something like a "Gran Turismo World" galaxy. You can then enter the top menu of the game from Home, or vice-versa by selecting the respective icons.
  • My Page: When the game starts, a My Page screen will also appear. In the final version, Yamauchi hopes to include a friends list as well. There will be several background images for the My Page screen such as Tokyo and other cities, but will also include sceneries of both outdoors and indoors. There is also a weather forecast displayed so that other players will know which geographic location you are in and how the weather is there.
  • Chat features: Prologue will include 2 online modes, one which includes the chat features and the other which excludes this feature.
  • Number of cars and course selection: about 40 cars and 4 courses with 8 different layouts. There will also be new courses which was briefly shown in the E3 trailer.
  • Prologue will not have cars and course downloadables.
  • Prologue falls somewhere in between the GT and Arcade mode. Players can earn reward money from each race and purchase new cars. There will be normal cars and tuned cars, but players cannot tune their own cars in this version. The save data from Prologue (such as money earned and cars purchased) can be carried over to Gran Turismo 5.
  • 16 cars during races for offline mode. This may drop to 12 cars in online mode.
  • Game control features "Normal Mode" based on simulation engine and "Professional Mode" based on actual car behavior and physics.
  • Yamauchi hopes to include B-spec mode but it is still not decided at this point.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is scheduled for an October release in Japan.

OMG!

ah0005a.jpg

ah0008a.jpg

ah0002a.jpg

ah0010a.jpg

ah0012a.jpg

ah0017a.jpg

ah0019a.jpg

ah0022a.jpg

ag0002a.jpg

ag0013a.jpg

ag0022a.jpg

ag0014a.jpg

ag0032a.jpg

ag0003a.jpg

More and still more

Last edited:
Cross your fingers about the 16 player online play...Polyphony Digital stated that, while 16 cars is definite during offline play, they may have to drop the total number of cars to 12 during online play. Still, 12 is a 100% increase in the number of cars from previous GTs...not to mention that this is the first time the public will get to race against one another online in the history of the GT series.

The inclusion of a calendar makes me wonder if they're going to try and host scheduled competitions in addition to open events...

Last edited:
it really looks insane and i sure hope its all what its being hyped up to be

as well, one big advantage that Forza has over GT is the sounds of the cars, they really need to work on that aspect instead of trying to add useless cars

DSC00815.JPG

People are actually playing it! Wish I was there!

Gamespot recorded a few videos off of the monitors there too starting with this one. You can sorta hear the cars under all of that noise...too hard to tell if it is a significant improvement over previous GTs from these clips.

Wow.

I have a PS2 with 2 games - GT3 and GT4. It looks like I will have a PS3 with GT5 the day GT5 comes out.

Gorgeous.

Back