• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gran Turismo 5: Prologue U.S., April 17, 2008

Ok now that I've completed classes C, B & A I'm off to S Class which is HARD!

< snip >

Also, anyone have any tips on how to get past the S class events? lol I'm finding that this is my limit in ability to drive with the dualshock controller...
I'm using the stock controller. I went with ITR -> GTR -> F430 for 'main cars'.

I've been doing the S class events with the F430. Lower it a bit, stiffen the suspension. .30 toe out & 4 deg camber up front, .2 toe in & 3.5deg camber in the rear, ABS at 1, all other e-aids off and play with the gearing for the track you are using. That got gold in S-2, S-4, S-5 & S-9 and silver in S-1 (can't catch the 111R, even with one).

M3 and Ford GT I bought for specific events only - not too crazy about either. I also bought a 'tuned' elise 111R hoping it would help on the 'tuned' S events. It doesn't, save your money. NSX-R is nice, but not really competitive with the F430 even with the 'mod points'

I am saving for either the F40, or something better for the 'tuned' events.

Last edited:
my skills suck, I can't drive a Corvette, F430 or M3 without Traction control... and winning a race.

One thing I found the GTR being amazing yet mysterious, if I put it on Daytona, I could do over 180 thru the banks, without any aids or TCS, the car will correct itself, sliding a little to tighten the line... It's so unnatural that just not making any sense...

Must be the smart 4wd system huh... wonder if the real thing drives like that.

If you folks ever see a noob on the courses named NSXrunnerEdw thats me. I just got the game the other night. Still playing bumper cars in the beginner races and losing! :tongue: :biggrin:

my skills suck, I can't drive a Corvette, F430 or M3 without Traction control... and winning a race.

One thing I found the GTR being amazing yet mysterious, if I put it on Daytona, I could do over 180 thru the banks, without any aids or TCS, the car will correct itself, sliding a little to tighten the line... It's so unnatural that just not making any sense...

Must be the smart 4wd system huh... wonder if the real thing drives like that.

Nah man all you need is ASM. Turn Traction Control off... ASM keeps you from over steering too much and keeps the car stable at high speeds.

Consider buying the 2002 Honda NSX-R. It's an excellent track car with unbelievable brakes! You can brake really late with it which is how you can pretty much lap everyone. :)

Nah man all you need is ASM. Turn Traction Control off... ASM keeps you from over steering too much and keeps the car stable at high speeds.

Consider buying the 2002 Honda NSX-R. It's an excellent track car with unbelievable brakes! You can brake really late with it which is how you can pretty much lap everyone. :)

I have 2 NSX-R's so far.. Grand Prix White and Championship White.. :biggrin: If you notice only the Championship White comes with white wheels.

I have 2 NSX-R's so far.. Grand Prix White and Championship White.. :biggrin: If you notice only the Championship White comes with white wheels.

Thats awesome! Still, the way they programmed this NSX-R isn't accurate in its power etc IMO... :frown:

After you beat all the way up to starting S-Class you can start quick tuning your car. Lighten up a little, add some HP, and some better tires. :cool:

yea I'm on S class now - and if you tune the NSX-R to the max, and play it on an A Class race or lower, that is when it feels like it should have been to start with. I know my car accelerates faster than the stock NSX-R in this game....

See my post # 100 I'm ranting about this very fact :)

I finally got my NA copy of GT5: Prologue on Tuesday and have been replaying the solo events as quickly as possible to fill my garage with the cars I had in the JDM version. As soon as I am up to S Class I'll be hopping online.

Incidentally, the first online event rotation happened late last night. I think Polyphony will be changing the multiplayer events weekly.

Anybody figured out what to use to beat the P700 races in S class?

I have managed the rest and want that F1 car.

Ok- the fan boi's online are starting to become annoying as hell. Apparently no one has any integrity, or pride in their driving as they will just smash into you willy nilly. I also don't understand how the penalty system works. I have been penalized for being hit- which pisses me off to no end...

I can't wait until private races become possible- that way i can choose my competition instead of being subjected to these ingrates.

P

I can't wait until private races become possible- that way i can choose my competition instead of being subjected to these ingrates.

Seriously...private races can't come soon enough.

I've only jumped into a few online races since getting the game last week. I came in second or first, but had to be patient when getting through the chaos that erupts within the first moments of the first lap. I mean, it seems that more than one person's strategy is to try and bang into every car they possibly can, swerving left and right to cover the entire width of the track. I just watch for a hole and try to gun through the middle of the nonsense.

I had a friend over with his PS3 and a HDTV I borrowed from the office and he was experiencing the same thing when he tried playing online. And no matter how hard we tried, we couldn't seem to get into the same race with one another.

Seriously...private races can't come soon enough.

I've only jumped into a few online races since getting the game last week. I came in second or first, but had to be patient when getting through the chaos that erupts within the first moments of the first lap. I mean, it seems that more than one person's strategy is to try and bang into every car they possibly can, swerving left and right to cover the entire width of the track. I just watch for a hole and try to gun through the middle of the nonsense.

I had a friend over with his PS3 and a HDTV I borrowed from the office and he was experiencing the same thing when he tried playing online. And no matter how hard we tried, we couldn't seem to get into the same race with one another.

+1 this is the reason I dont play online.... sigh private games would be perfect... Or a dedicated match for just NSX's! lol

Anyone with any tuning tips for the F40? The car has serious speed potential, but I can't seem to get it to "700" tune level. I have my F430 tuned to the 690's, but I can't get the F40 close to that number.

BTW- the best way to avoid the wreckless drivers in 700 class on counter clockwise high speed ring is to use an F430 tuned slightly below the "700" mark- This will start you near the front of the pack due to a percieved handicap under the cars tuned to 700. The F430 has enough go to get from 3rd to the front on the first straight, and then by using MJK's suspension settings I have found I can go flat out into the first big left hander , just let up a little in the braking zone (no brakes required) and the car will drift right on the line- that should put me ahead of the dolts, then some slight throttle moderation, and a brake touch going into turn 2 and I can usually motor out in front of the disasterous collisions behind me. I can then manage the rest of the race from the lead.

It usually works until the next run up the front straight, at which time i can be caught, and then I have to avoid people crashing into me as I run into the big left again. I managed to maintain lead and win 3 times last night, but win/loss ratio is still heavy on the loss side. Hence I am looking for a bigger gun, and bought the F40.

P

Anyone with any tuning tips for the F40?

This is what I used for the F40 challenge:
Power 416HP
Weight 1148kg
Height -10F -5R
Springs 8F 6R
Dampers 8F 6R
Toe -.5F 0R
Camber 4.0F 3.5R
Brakes 8F 9R

Turning angle 45deg
TCS off
ABS 1

Gears:
1 - 2.346
2 - 1.518
3 - 1.155
4 - .0967
5 - .0841
Final 4.406

No ASM, etc.

F40 challenge tips: Try never to go into first. Shortshifting is much better than hitting the rev limiter. Lugging it in 2nd for the hairpin works if you can get the right line. As with all these one lap things, the make or break is all in the first couple turns. The way I know if I am going to clear the race is if I can get past the corvette before it passes the Merc at the beginning of the esses.

I have not been able to get anything I own to pass the two P700 events at Fuji and Suzuka. I think they are S-7/8 and S-10. If anyone has tips, let me know what you used to do it?

Last edited:
Just announced today at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's Gamers Day Event (this specific article is posted on Top Gear's news site)

Real GT

Fancy winning a real-life drive in a Nissan 350Z at the 24 hour endurance race in Dubai?

Yep, so do we.

Everyone thinks that because they're good on a games console that they'll be good in real life, too. Well, here's your chance to prove it.

Gran Turismo Academy is a bit of a PR stunt obviously, but Nissan has teamed up with PlayStation to create an eight-month, pan-European competition that will blur the lines between virtual and real racing.

First off there's going to be a national level tournament online through Gran Turismo Prologue, that leads to European winners going head-to-head at the real Silverstone.

This culminates in the two eventual winners taking part in a four-month training course to earn their real-life racing licences.

After that, the racing begins proper in Dubai in January 2009.

If you want to get involved, GT Academy goes live at the end of May, and you need to sign up via your PS3 on the PlayStation Network.

Chances are that TG staffer Bill Thomas is doing it right now.

Aside from my busy schedule. I just got this game, and pass all C and B licenses. My first car was the Integra Type R, then got the NSX-R. But having trouble in class A now. I decided to cheat a little, and downloaded this game save online, now I got all 71 cars and all license. The Ferrari F1 car is insane! :cool:

Aside from my busy schedule. I just got this game, and pass all C and B licenses. My first car was the Integra Type R, then got the NSX-R. But having trouble in class A now. I decided to cheat a little, and downloaded this game save online, now I got all 71 cars and all license. The Ferrari F1 car is insane! :cool:

where did u find the save game and how did you load it? :)

put up some videos from me playing, hope you guys enjoy them!

Suzuka

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5_1tq5KyqXE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5_1tq5KyqXE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Suzuka - Interior View

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9EpzhIjnUtQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9EpzhIjnUtQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

High Speed Ring

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QG_c6YbHfuc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QG_c6YbHfuc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

High Speed Ring - Interior View

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EDQ3d_Rlx1g&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EDQ3d_Rlx1g&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

If he means online, I read somewhere that events load faster if more people are playing.

BTW, the demo for GRID is now available on the PlayStation Network Store....will be checking it out tonight for sure.

Whoops, my fault, I meant online.

I seems to me it loads online races faster since that update on the first may with more online events.

I seems to me it loads online races faster since that update on the first may with more online events.

It's just because more people are online (because more people are getting the game). I have tried entering events that seem to take forever, only to find I am the only one in them.

And I am getting even more annoyed by people who are hosting races, but quitting before we earn our credits (nothing like losing 10,000+ hard-earned credits after putting up with some of those bumper car punks for a few laps).

BTW, I was disappointed by the GRID demo...the control was a bit twitchy (didn't try it with the wheel) and, while I like their rendered style, lighting, and interface, I found the actual look to be a bit muddy (quite the contrast with the clean, sharp, albeit sterile visuals of GT5: Prologue). The in-car view in GRID needs a wider FOV too.

I finally opened the S Class license. The F430 is fun...just need to acquire a few more prancing horses for my stable. Also, I need to get a bit more time with on-the-fly quick tuning...playing with TCS has already proven to be quite useful with the more powerful cars.

Bought GT5 Prologue and the F1 game for the PS3. Waiting for the June 12th release of Metal Gear so I can get the bundled PS3.

Looking forward to racing w/ you guys, I think. ;)

Back