• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gran Turismo Sport (PS4/Pro/PSVR) - Latest from PlayStation Experience 2016

Last edited:
I don't know how to post pic here, sorry.
The thrustmaster wheels and pedals I believe, are a good brand. I have a T300rs and T500rs, with no problems, both for a few tears now.
I can only compare them to Logitec, since they are the only other brand that I have owned long term.
I have a Logitec G25 that is still kicking and have briefly tried the later models (G27, G29).
The G29 set up is of good value.
The thrustmasters feel better to me, and I enjoy the fact that I can change the wheel rims/add ons.
Depending on the set up that you are looking for, I can provide feedback on the playseat challenge or Rseat Formula V2.

I don't know how to post pic here, sorry.
The thrustmaster wheels and pedals I believe, are a good brand. I have a T300rs and T500rs, with no problems, both for a few tears now.
I can only compare them to Logitec, since they are the only other brand that I have owned long term.
I have a Logitec G25 that is still kicking and have briefly tried the later models (G27, G29).
The G29 set up is of good value.
The thrustmasters feel better to me, and I enjoy the fact that I can change the wheel rims/add ons.
Depending on the set up that you are looking for, I can provide feedback on the playseat challenge or Rseat Formula V2.

I had the Thrustmaster T500 setup. Wheel, pedals, and shifter. The wheel itself was GREAT. The shifter was pretty good, too. But the throws were very long and it offered no resistance to shifting whatsoever so it felt really artificial. The pedals were TERRIBLE. If only because the brake pedal was a potentiometer like the throttle. You really want a load cell pedal for the brake, which measures pressure. With the pots on the brake pedal it measures brake force with how far down you depress the pedal, not how hard. I'd check out Fanatec for their wheelset. Load cell brake pedal. The wheel itself I hear is pretty damned good, too.

I heard good stuff about the G29, I heard the pedal resistance is great. The only negative I've heard about it is that it comes with 5spd, you'd have to buy 6spd gear seperately.

I had the Fanatec Club Sport wheel and pedals (I think) They were great but they are no longer compatible with the latest gen consoles. Still work great for PC. I think towards the end of 2017 I will upgrade to a newer set-up.

I had the Thrustmaster T500 setup. Wheel, pedals, and shifter. The wheel itself was GREAT. The shifter was pretty good, too. But the throws were very long and it offered no resistance to shifting whatsoever so it felt really artificial. The pedals were TERRIBLE. If only because the brake pedal was a potentiometer like the throttle. You really want a load cell pedal for the brake, which measures pressure. With the pots on the brake pedal it measures brake force with how far down you depress the pedal, not how hard. I'd check out Fanatec for their wheelset. Load cell brake pedal. The wheel itself I hear is pretty damned good, too.

You are correct, the shifters on these set-ups all feel artificial and I have yet to try one that comes close to the real deal. Hence, I mostly use the paddles.
The brake pedals do need a little help, I use two tier springs on one set-up (T500 pedals) and a pointed piece of rubber (or is it polyurethane) on the T3PA pro pedals, they provide a better feeling to the brakes (more progressive resistance).
I have read and heard good and not so good things about Fanatec, but, I can't comment since I have never owned their products.
At the end of the day, it depends on how serious of a set-up, what platform you will be using for gameplay and how much the OP is willing to spend.

I have a folding Playseat Challenge (to appease the wife). I'm still using Logitech's Driving Force GT (I also have a G25 which is presently setup at my workplace)...and I am crossing fingers that Polyphony Digital includes support for these older Logitech wheels.

009_5DII_38562-X3.jpg

021_S3_20131228_201102_HDR-X3.jpg

010_S3_20131215_152615_LLS-X3.jpg

I had a Driving Force Pro I was using since Gran Turismo 4...but it gave up the ghost a year after GT6 came out. I really don't want to invest in a new wheel if I can avoid it, but would seriously consider the G29 or Thrustmaster wheels (have tried and liked the latter) if I could get some form of guarantee they are future proof (meaning, can be carried forward to the next console generation...and that Microsoft doesn't have some evil plan in place to render them obsolete with an unavoidable Windows 10 update).

Last edited:
Back