• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Green or black?

For the longest time, I swore that when I get my NSX, it would have to be black on black. But last night, something got me thinking about the green (on black or tan). I looked at a picture of a green NSX and suddenly a voice inside me whispered: Pick me instead, forget about black. Then I started asking myself why I would choose green over the black that I had always wanted, and remembered the day- the day I first layed eyes on an NSX, and realized I had fallen in love- and yes, it was green. So despite the fact that black would be a must for any other car I'd buy, that image of the green NSX was forever implanted in my mind.

Then I began thinking again. The reason I want an NSX is because it's an exotic- and I wanted it to be treated as such. I've read the stories posted by some of you, and my favorites have always been the ones about people staring at your NSX with their eyes popping out of their heads and their jaws dropped. I always said to myself, I want that to be me someday- I want that to be my car that they stare at.

Then I asked myself another question (yea I have lots of time on my hands to be thinking so hard about these things, lol): Would I lose all that 'exoticness' if I went with green instead of the traditional black? I know green is a less preferrable color which is why it is considerably cheaper on the market, but that is also another reason why I am so attracted to it. I could get a higher year green for the same price that I would pay for a lower year black. At the same time however, I don't want to lose any of the 'benefits' that black could have given me if I decide to go with green.

(continued on next post)

Am I thinking too hard or has anyone ever thought the same thing? I love black, but I really really wouldn't mind going with green. So what should I do? Are there any negatives to the NSX experience if I end up going with green?

Thanks in advance for the input!

Get red. There's a reason why red is the most popular.

smile.gif

Before you decide on green... Make sure you see it in person. It isn't the typical shade of dark green you see on a luxury car. It's sort of a grayish green. Yes, it is dark, and depending on the lighting can easily be mistaken for black. And photos really don't do it justice.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 30 August 2002).]

Brroklands Green was not available until the 1994 model year - so expect to pay more than you would for a '91-93 black (or red). They are also considerably rarer then black (or red) so you may have to look harder.

------------------
'91 Black/Black

Thanks for all the input guys. Well I still have plenty of time to decide, so by the time I'm ready to buy, who knows what I'll want then. So until then, both colors are up for grabs. It all depends on which one I see first with an attractive price tag.

P.S. So I'm guessing the green will get the same amount of attention as any black NSX?

Thanks again!

I was in the same position when I bought mine. I chose green and got a '94 back in 2000. Now I wish I had gotten the original white that I wanted, or a red one... but I'm still VERY happy to be a NSX owner. My green no-longer looks very aggressive now when compared to when I originally got it, so the uniqueness keeps me happy.

Originally posted by RaptorX:
For the longest time, I swore that when I get my NSX, it would have to be black on black. (continued on next post)

I think MOST younger nsx shoppers want black/black at first because it's the only colormatched early model. While I always have loved black, I of course wanted that at first too. Since seeing some white's in person...and then some pics ..I'm now more geared towards white coupe w/ black top. There's something about white with the black constrast on top. It just looks sick to me...especailly with colored wheels and tint around the cabin. I love NSXnBRLA's car (before he put silver rims)w/ white rims and 5% tint all the way around...so clean. Some of the science of speed pics with black rims too...wish i could see it with black top and those black techno's. I dont care at all cause I love the nsx if it was as common as the corvette, but I've also wondered if white will get percieved as less exotic then say red or black. You really don't see that many white exotics. Props to allan on his white diablo..just get some white or black rims on it!!
smile.gif

One of my favorite sayings:

You can have any color car you want, as long as its Black.

Black: The hardest to keep clean, but looks the best when it is!

-BZ

Black NSX owner.. is there any other color?

The green color turns to black color on the late afternoon.
See the following pictures when the color is green and decide which color you want
smile.gif

I never saw green color before, but when I saw my car for the first time, I love it.
Check out
my Brooklands Green Pearl (Green top) 1994 NSX - 9k miles photo album
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291424043

Thanks

[This message has been edited by insx (edited 30 August 2002).]

Originally posted by BostonNSX:
nsxtacy.
is your car stock..

My car is mostly stock - stock in appearance, but has aftermarket brake pads, brake rotors, and air ducts to the brakes.

My car is red. The photo I was going to post was of Hans's car at the recent NSXCA event in Cleveland.

Here's a good pic of my Green 94 in the bright sun: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/p9f3d32ce8d2166205140ec9004cf30 24/fdba7187.jpg.orig.jpg

Here's a good pic of my Green 94 in the shade: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid29/pe374f21ced31664fd0283856096aeb 2b/fd596585.jpg.orig.jpg

Hope that helps you out. You may have to sign into Imagestation first to view, or just copy and paste the link.

------------------
1994 Green-black roof/tan, 5 speed
NSXCA 1650

[This message has been edited by Litesokneecough (edited 30 August 2002).]

I'm still liking the picture of the chick the best..
biggrin.gif
JK

Seriously though, those are some FINE pictures of green NSX's you guys.

Now I'm starting to lean towards the green again. I have a feeling it's gonna be back and forth till I make my final decision.

I'm getting a little sea sick.
tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by RaptorX (edited 30 August 2002).]

My first NSX was a 94 Brooklands Green Pearl. I loved that car. The color is incredible, but it is a love/hate color. They produced approx 250 green cars between 94-96. The green/tan will be the easist combo as they were the largest production number. It is a unique color and most people I bumped into had never seen a green NSX before. I do not beleive that any coupes were made in green in 95 or 96, so if looking for a coupe - 94 is your only choice. Good luck in your search.

Back