• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GT-R is an ugly car (I hate to say it)

Some shots of my GT-R. It runs 10.92 @ 127 with only a flash tune. Everything else is stock.

The Black GT-R (sleepdoc's) runs 10.01 @ 138mph with only a tune, full exhaust and E85. He also kills everything on the road course.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nKRRvLdfbQY

22093-2010-Nissan-GT-R800x600.jpg

GTR800x600.jpg

Last edited:
the R35 hasn't grown on me yet, I still prefer the R34.

the R35 hasn't grown on me yet, I still prefer the R34.

Amen.

I feel the same why of the MKIII over the MKIV Supras too.

Something about the GTR and MKIV that are just big and bulky.

Japanese cars just don't seem to look good big compared to their Euro and American and Aussie counterparts.

Last edited:
Parking the GTR next to the Gallardo is like parking a 370Z next to an NSX.

Both 370 and GTR are behemoths.

the disappointing part is that both cars look like they have space or come with something V-8.

Bat, seems like your VERY proud of your car. You put all the mod's in your sig. Do you ever "use" the car or are you a poser?

Care to share with us some lap times or drag strip times....

Your narrow point of view shows me you must be young. You have much learning and growing to do young man.

Bat, seems like your VERY proud of your car. You put all the mod's in your sig. Do you ever "use" the car or are you a poser?

Care to share with us some lap times or drag strip times....

Your narrow point of view shows me you must be young. You have much learning and growing to do young man.

use the car for what? street racing (rolling start) - yes.

Not all the mods are in the sig since there are limits.

Last edited:
the NSX in none FI and/or stroked is indeed slow.

I ranted about this and almost sold it for a C6Z06.

But that's history when I did the SOS SC.
You did the SOS SC?

Your taste is getting better, congrats, kick ass ride, must be a rocket, a FI NSX is a blast to drive, you should have no problem beating a stock GT-R from a roll, maybe even from a dig if I am the driver.

I used to hate the look of R35 GT-R. But I have gotten used to the look, probably pick up a R35 GT-R this Spring/Summer if there is no news for R36 by April. It is due for a model change.

Last edited:
You did the SOS SC?

Your taste is getting better, congrats, kick ass ride, must be a rocket, a FI NSX is a blast to drive, you should have no problem beating a stock GT-R from a roll, maybe even from a dig if I am the driver.

I used to hate the look of R35 GT-R. But I have gotten used to the look, probably pick up a R35 GT-R this Spring/Summer if there is no news for R36 by April. It is due for a model change.

Yep.

Since the "breast enlargement" on the NSX I love her even more.

It's like all the reviews where they were giving it 10/10.

405rwhp on pump gas in summer temps with factory cats (100k+ miles on the cats).

I'll be installing a full straight pipe - hopefully by the end of the month.

Once that's done I plan on recording the experience since there isn't any videos of the SOS SC on the net.

Go Pro HD Hero 1080p

I thought they were crushing these imported right hand drive GTRs.

Last edited:
Re: THE NSX rear end is ugly IMHO

One has too realize the pure performance of the GT-R to fully appreciate what a FULL packaged the car is. Amazing daily driver and track car all wrapped into one.

....... rear seats .......

Puny side bolsters, lacks head rests (safety), and has little leg room.

Sounds like it's good for carrying small animals, children, amputees, and contortionist. And who gets to use the cup holder in the back if 2 passengers are thristy (or is that a pencil holder?)

ag_10gtr_backseat.jpg

Here's a 4 seater car that has more supporting side bolsters, seat belts in the correct position, adjustable headrest, head height, leg room like a 4 door saloon.

Can anyone guess what it might be?

2867_06_GTO_rear_seats.jpg

Last edited:
No WAY your SOS NSX is going to beat a stock GT-R from any speed.......

Please point out where I mentioned beating a GTR with the SOS SC NSX and I will amend.

HenryWCoeCrickets.jpg

Seat heaters in Floriduh?

If ur that cold there u must have some clogged up blood vessels....

Last edited:
The updated 530hp 2012 GT-R does 0-60mph in 2.9 seconds...
I know some of you guys may not like the looks of it, but the reality is...
It is faster than NSX, handles better, cheaper, carries 4 people, probably has lower coefficient of drag, etc.
GT-R can fight with Viper, ZR1, Gallardo, LFA, F430, 911 GT2, etc...NSX can't.
Not trying to disrespect NSX, even the legendary McLaren F1 was inspired by NSX...however, it really needs an update.

There's a good chance that NSX might get smoked by 370Z
"Z rips to 60 in just 4.7 ticks on its way to a quarter-mile run of 13.3 at 105.7"
"370Z does match the Aston' in braking (106 feet)"
"the Nismo recorded 60 to 0 in 103 feet"
"in lateral acceleration, posting a Rubber Cement score of 0.99 g"

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests...ssan_370z_first_test/index.html#ixzz1BWZwBwss

Last edited:
The updated 530hp 2012 GT-R does 0-60mph in 2.9 seconds...

I know some of you guys may not like the looks of it, but the reality is...

It is faster than NSX, handles better, cheaper, carries 4 people, probably has lower coefficient of drag, etc.

GT-R can fight with Viper, ZR1, Gallardo, LFA, F430, 911 GT2, etc...NSX can't.

Not trying to disrespect NSX, even the legendary McLaren F1 was inspired by NSX...however, it really needs an update.

GTR barely carries 4 people.

Yes, the stock NSX in terms of handling and braking sucks. Upgrade those and it's a badass car that still looks better and turns heads (well at least my NSX - can't say the same for 90% of the NSX on Prime).

GTR and MKIV are like reliable wives that are good in bed - but they are still fugly.

Last edited:
GTR barely carries 4 people.

Yes, the stock NSX in terms of handling and braking sucks. Upgrade those and it's a badass car that still looks better and turns heads (well at least my NSX - can't say the same for 90% of the NSX on Prime).

GTR and MKIV are like reliable wives that are good in bed - but they are still fugly.

I think I've seen your car around san jose...badass car, looks very intimidating.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mC-PQca6FJU?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mC-PQca6FJU?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

I don't really care if people think the GT-R is ugly cause I'm a good looking guy :biggrin:(but I'm poor :frown:)

Wow I'm like a human NSX!! Im oh soo handsome ...but piss poor :frown:

Last edited:
thats the old GT-R

the 2012 version is much faster, less drag coefficient, more downforce, etc...

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mC-PQca6FJU?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mC-PQca6FJU?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Back