• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GTR... Can't do it

Another thing to think about:
R35 will continue to depreciate. Nissan actually is selling them a good pace. If past GTR markets is any indication, I wouldn't be surprised to see them 1/2 price in 5-7 years.

NSX, especially the last years, will pretty much keep steady. They seem to plateau at the $40-50K range forever.

I can see me keeping my next NSX for a very long time. Track record of Primers prove that (right Ritesh?) ;) GTR...likely be gone in a couple of years. One Primer who's owned one and sold it went as far as calling me one time to convince me to stay in the NSX world.

Still...pure performance is very intoxicating. :cool:

How can anyone not like this Panamera!

DSC_8012-1_resize.jpg

RE: Getting back into a NSX. Most of us realize in today's world that the NSX has more than enough power for us. We are getting older and more mature. The road are more crowded then ever before. Sure it would be nice to have more power but the reality is that in this youtube/security camera/cellphone world a GTR is just a faster ticket to trouble. The NSX has plenty to have fun with plus it handles well, looks good and isn't going to drop in value. The GTR will drop since they will keep making newer ones. This is similar to the Ford GT Vs. The Gallardo/F458 arguement. The Italia over time will be worth less than a mint condition FGT.

Finally: The only "safe" place to fully use the GTR is on the track. Even then - its a 3900 lb. car. I am not a huge fan of the GTR but even I can respect its value/performance. Personally.... because of this thread I have been thinking of looking into one as an alternative to the 911Turbo. DAMN CAR ADHD!!:biggrin:

RE: Getting back into a NSX. Most of us realize in today's world that the NSX has more than enough power for us. We are getting older and more mature.

Yes, that is why you bought a 600HP Mclaren right? :biggrin:

I'm very late to this thread, I may have missed some key bullet points in the thread. I own both, NSX now for 9 years and GTR for 2, I'd like to offer up my thoughts on the GTR.

Depreciation, I bought a '10 new and because of Nissan's aggressive increase in pricing annually I don't think it's done too bad, the 12's and 13's seem to be hit harder than the early ones.

Styling, you get over it, it has a presence not so much a style.

It's big and rides terrible, those are my main complaints.

Don

I'm very late to this thread, I may have missed some key bullet points in the thread. I own both, NSX now for 9 years and GTR for 2, I'd like to offer up my thoughts on the GTR.

Depreciation, I bought a '10 new and because of Nissan's aggressive increase in pricing annually I don't think it's done too bad, the 12's and 13's seem to be hit harder than the early ones.

Styling, you get over it, it has a presence not so much a style.

It's big and rides terrible, those are my main complaints.

Don
Are the tires it comes with runflats? and if not what tires come with it new?

GTR comes with Bridgestones RE070ER or Dunlpo 600, both run flats with relatively stiff side walls. That explains largely why the GTR rides pretty harshly.
I drive mine in Comfort mode on the streets and it is acceptable though stiffer than other cars in its class. There are two other susp. Settings to chose from, normal and race.

Yes, mine came with the Bridgestone runflats, comfort mode at all times in my car, but it's barely a noticeable change, the green light is soothing though :smile:.

Don

hmm I think runflats really degrade the ride quality,does Nissan frown upon regular extreme performance rubber?

Went in a friends, holy Sh^t that thing kicks. I mean my turbo nsx, light weight then turbo spool and Bamn, dust most cars on road. But frien uped his GTR to around 600 hp: at one point going up an onramp I felt we were literally lifting off in a jet. He hit the on ramp, which does a huge 240 onto the freeway at 70, the back end slid out, then car corrected itself to pull a good g force through the continuing turn before lifting for take off lol. I'm sold, keeping the nsx and one day getting some gtr, maybe r34 if there legal then.

So, not owning one but cruising in one, I will say in almost all aspects of performance it will smoke the nsx. It's no question with the car 0-100 times, the computer fixing and mistake made by the driver in a road course. But, the nsx does have things the gtr never will. The timeless look the world has acknowledged, as well as the best feel to be called a drivers car. The gtr feels like a g35, the nsx is in its own world of feel....... Time to go drive the nsx ;)

Go drive the Panamera GTS from Porsche. I drove my friend's GTR back to back with the P-car and I can tell you you are not losing much performance wise.

In magazine articles they say the Panamera laps the track within a few tenths of the new M5 and pulls 1G on corners. For NA guys I think this is a true performance car that is an ideal replacement for my IS-F.

If you are all about 0-100 times yes the GTR is faster but the GTS is an amazing car that feels like my GT3 but when you look over your shoulder you have 2 huge rear seats and a super large trunk for cargo. I was thinking GTR since I wanted a 2+2 but after driving the GTS I think I am going this route.

You get 3/4 of the performance of the GTR, a lot more back seat space and price wise it's shockingly the same (107k for GTR or 111k for GTS).

The numbers by the sheet and in real world are amazing for the GTR. But it just doesn't have that wow factor that you can get with other cars. Namely why the NSX still stays true to our hearts.

Besides the NSX, what else would you guys get other than the GTR in that price range? I see a lot of panamera choices. Some may prefer the M3 or M5, 911, or maybe even a z06 or viper (for more driver's feel). I have thought about what I would get over a GTR and it's hard to come up with anything other than the NSX. Maybe I am no thinking hard enough haha.

The numbers by the sheet and in real world are amazing for the GTR. But it just doesn't have that wow factor that you can get with other cars. Namely why the NSX still stays true to our hearts.

Besides the NSX, what else would you guys get other than the GTR in that price range? I see a lot of panamera choices. Some may prefer the M3 or M5, 911, or maybe even a z06 or viper (for more driver's feel). I have thought about what I would get over a GTR and it's hard to come up with anything other than the NSX. Maybe I am no thinking hard enough haha.

Only other thing I would want is a F355 berlinetta. I know it's prob a maintanance nightmare.....but that sound:eek::eek:......that sound alone is worth the $$$$$. :biggrin:

Only other thing I would want is a F355 berlinetta. I know it's prob a maintanance nightmare.....but that sound:eek::eek:......that sound alone is worth the $$$$$. :biggrin:
Have you had one out for a drive? This one isn't far and is only listed at $60k. Roll up in your NSX and you may be able to talk your way in to a test drive

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?&listingId=328439579

Few others in the area with similar pricing. Can't hurt to drive it

I'd rather buy a 991 911 or M3 or used 360 or used gallardo. Gtr just isn't that desirable despite the performance ability and Godzilla reputation IMO

I'd rather buy a 991 911 or M3 or used 360 or used gallardo. Gtr just isn't that desirable despite the performance ability and Godzilla reputation IMO

I was thinking gallardo as well. They're a little higher, but some lower priced ones can be found. I've seen some in the 90s here. Obviously maintenance is completely different story haha.

^KEY QUESTION IS when asking this:

Does the potential guy need back seats or not, if you need back seats then the GTR satisfies this criteria for small kids that the NSX, Gallardo, Vette, Viper, etc just can't do.

For me this is a MUST HAVE criteria hence I'm looking at the M5 and Panamera GTS.

(*M3 is nice but way out of the league in terms of performance against a GTR - only the M5 and Porsche can compare)

Just my 2 cents

Yeah not exactly a street car Rob. Standard R8 not that good looking. Let's face it the best car to get instead of a GTR is an NSX 2.0. I bet that car with a few mods will just be complete BAD ASS. I'm keeping my NSX and if I change it, itll be for that. Going to wait for the R.

^I never heard of anyone use "froggy" to describe an R8 but I do see what you mean.

In that case, the GTR is too whaley for me.

Back