• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Has Dali Racing (Mark Johnson) ripped you off

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm just curious about something...

since i'm one of the few who had a bad (not dishonest) experience with mark, to what should i attribute it? i never dealt with him before and i didn't even ask him what was going on until 2 weeks after my credit card had been charged and i still had nothing from him, no product, no explanation, etc. i didn't even start getting angry until about week 3 after i had sent him numerous e-mails asking what was up and getting no response of any kind.

------------------
Kaye & Trish
1998 NSX-T #176
Red/Tan
No mods...
NSXCA #108

Originally posted by Number 6:
i hope nobody read my post as a "smear" against mark johnson. i merely said he failed to respond to my e-mails asking where my stuff was. my credit card was charged when i placed the order. i think that entitles me to a response after 2 weeks and no product. as i said, it was ultimately about 4 weeks and i only got an e-mail to tell me the stuff had shipped. he ignored all previous e-mails.

He could have been out of town for those 2 weeks and the emails piled up without him knowing? Doesn't sound like to bad of a transaction albeit a late one. The topic of discussion here was "Has Dali Racing (Mark Johnson) ripped you off?". Out of the comments, ALL have been positive, including mine and yours. I assumed that my parts could be late, remembering he is a 1 man show and have been suprised at the fast service we all get. It's all good.

Sorry BOB, this seemed to have backfired on you.
John

Gotta chime in about my positive experiences with MJ and Dali Racing. I've been buying parts since the first SE-NSX event in 1997. Several times Mark has sent me pieces on consignment without asking for money - a great guy!

Might as well put in my two cents worth. I've ordered some stuff from MJ, as small as the Dali Cupholder (great product!!!) to suspension stuff to a new clutch. In all the instances, he has given extremely personable service!! (It helps that I'm in San Diego.
biggrin.gif
)

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

Give it up Number6! There are enough dali worshipers here to drown you! They'll accuse you of making things up to hurt dali's reputation. Been there, done that!

Don't mind them. They'll learn when they get burn by Mark Johnson. Ask the people who work in the automotive industry, they MIGHT tell you a story or two about Mark Johnson and his business practice.

And you know what is so funny? Mark Johnson calls himself 'nsxgod'! LOL!! A typical case of inferior complex.

I ordered some Bilsteins and his coilover kit from him and I've had nothing but excellent service. He even assembled them for me prior to shipment for free. I've dealt with him on several occasions and yet to have 1 bad experience.

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

Originally posted by ANYTIME:
He could have been out of town for those 2 weeks and the emails piled up without him knowing? Doesn't sound like to bad of a transaction albeit a late one.

he may very well have been out of town... but my card was still charged as soon as i placed the order.

------------------
Kaye & Trish
1998 NSX-T #176
Red/Tan
No mods...
NSXCA #108

When I was shopping around for a BBK, MJ loaned me a Brembo caliper / rotor without asking me for money. Ever price one of these? Know of anyone who would do this?

For my current project, he also loaned me some machined aluminum pieces that by no means are inexpensive. Who else would do this?

Well, Bob, I think it's pretty clear that the San Diego Police Department and IFCCFBI.org are going to have to look elsewhere! LOL!!
smile.gif

BTW, put me down as another satisfied customer.

Originally posted by Bob:
This posting is to help the San Diego Police Department and the IFCCFBI.org in gathering names of customers who have not got their products or money owed to them by Dali Racing .....

------------------
All My NSX'es Live in Texas

[This message has been edited by NSXTC (edited 30 October 2002).]

Originally posted by NSXTC:
BTW, put me down as another satisfied customer.

Ditto.

MJ has also repeatedly sent me product before I sent him payment. This isn't something that an untrustworthy vendor would do.

Also, the Dali designed and manufactured products are of the highest quality I have seen anywhere... not to mention the best price.

EDR

The guy sells good, sometimes unique products at decent prices that many times are priced lower than competition and seems to back up his products.
BUT, I remember back to the first transaction from him, a coffee cup holder that I waited MONTHS for....my repeated email inquiries were *ignored*. He basically Took my money and ignored emails for months. I finally cancelled the order (which he cheerfully refunded) and made my own holder that still works great.
Later, I discovered that he was missing some part to it from a vendor. I came away with the feeling that an explaination wasn't owed to anybody.
I've had better customer service....

I was a late newbe at expo2002 and through trial and error arrived at the motel late thursday night.I was tired from a flight from Atlanta to Houston to buy a 2000 nsx then a drive up on the same day. The first person I met was Mark,and he was very helpfull helping me get a room with a discounted rate. The next day at the track Mark and one other NSX owner from Dallas were the only people that actually spoke. I understand that everyone was into getting there cars ready for the track. But Mark taking the time out to help goes a long way with me. I hope that I can make next years expo early and meet everyone.The 2000 I bought in Houston is my third nsx I have a black 93 that I would like to make a track car if I cant sell it. Thanks again to Mark.

------------------
http://quicksitebuilder.cnet.com/rixnsx/

Very satisfied customer: I have done hundreds of dollars business with Mark over the past year or so and have received many parts before payments were sent. Mark clearly lets you know if parts are on backorder, (many are custom made). He has never failed to answer my e-mails, and has accepted returns gladly, either crediting my account or refunding my money promptly.

Thanks Mark,

Neil

Originally posted by NRS:
Very satisfied customer: I have done hundreds of dollars business with Mark over the past year or so and have received many parts before payments were sent. Mark clearly lets you know if parts are on backorder, (many are custom made). He has never failed to answer my e-mails, and has accepted returns gladly, either crediting my account or refunding my money promptly.

Thanks Mark,

Neil

I agree with Neil 150%

Armando

------------------
White 1992
Dali Intake,
Dali Sway Bars,
H & R Springs,
Slotted Rotors,
Comptech Exhaust

[This message has been edited by MiamieNeSeX (edited 26 November 2002).]

just a note...

i ordered from mark based on the input i received here. that's why i was surprised my experience was bad. i'm glad most of you have had good experiences.

------------------
Kaye & Trish
1998 NSX-T #176
Red/Tan
No mods...
NSXCA #108
-My other car is a 767-

Same here I ordered a whole suspension kit and clutch kit from MJ/Dali and he sent it to me before he ever got full payment!! He also DID not charge me the core charge and trusted that I would send him the core back. Nothing but perfect service from him

I just placed my first order from Dali last week. My Eibach springs were shipped out within 1 day and Mark even gave me some tips and advice for the install. And they were way cheaper than anywhere else. Count me among the satisfied.

I have been ordering from Mark for about two months now and I have not had a problem and further more he has been very patient with me considering I am new to making NSX modifications. Mark (Dali Racing) has shown me nothing but professionalism, considering he is a one man show, and for that reason he ranks very high in my book as a vendor and I will continue to purchase items from him and seek his advice.

------------------
1992 NSX

[This message has been edited by Ludgero (edited 06 December 2002).]

I feel like the people that have bad experiences don't want to speak up. I ordered stuff from MJ based on the mixed reviews that I've seen on here. I received my order promptly, however, there was some mix up to which I send an email to MJ, and the email was never replied.

I am just glad I didn't order big items, as the lost was minimal. However, the experience deters me from dealing with MJ in the future.

Back in early sept. I ordered the window thingies, smartenna and drink holder. The first two items were received the following week. I have yet to rx my drink holder. I've e-mailed various times and even faxed a status request. It's been over well over 3 months now with no response. I'm happy there are so many happy customers out there however there sounds like there are some of us with less than positive experiences.

I have ordered from him in the past and my experience was negative. I did not get ripped off by him, I was refunded my money eventually (after many months).

I have ordered three items from Dali, all received promply and with out any problems. All my e-mail was answered promply.

Newton

100% for MJ NEVER any problems. Always retuns my emails made MANY purchase

Satisfied Customer!

Paul

For the NSX community Mark is doing a great job. So few NSX's, so many products.
Sending it of to Europe, helping me out with OEM parts.

No-one is flawless, but i am proud to have a Dali decal's on my NSX.

Mich
Holland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back