• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

have this ever happen to you ?

Wow, a very revealing thread about some of the NSX owners on this forum. Before I bought my 2000 Monaco Blue NSX, I still have a 2000 Formula Red with wheels and exhaust modifications and my meets and runs had some NSX owners that were a bit snobbish about running with the S2000.

Tan

Originally posted by pok8rok8:
I am 28 years of age, and Im still in search for that rocket of a dream. What I like most about it is that you know, you and a few lucky individuals get the attention that we search for which is a confidence booster. I've been searching for an NSX for the last 6 years. If I had money back then, it was not enough to purchase one so I spent it on my car kekeke....soo soo sad. But I vowed this year that I would get one and join this site some call heaven. hehehe. Im new here but have been coming to this site for a year and reading your posts. Very interesting I might add. When ever I see a person in an NSX I pull up with no hate or envy. I would be saying to myself that this guy has taste and wave and let him be on his way hehehe....I couldnt imagine myself being on my way once I catch up hehehe....but hey guys I tried to persue that NSX look once, and When I get it, I will swap my wing from my old car to my NSX.
http://members.rogers.com/zinger/

does it look JTCC'ish to you guys hehehe....sooo sooo sad.. but hey give me till october guys.

[This message has been edited by pok8rok8 (edited 21 July 2002).]

Please do not but that wing on the NSX. PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!!

pok8rok8,

Please don't put that wing on your future NSX.

With all due respect, it doesn't help you in the cornering department. If it's doing anything at all, it's hurting you.

Without a big huge front chin spoiler and a scooped hood, you have no front downforce. If that wing in the back is actually producing downforce, you'll need it up front. On a FF car, you're understeering like a pig.

I used to track my 92 Honda Accord Coupe, there's no way in hell a wing like that could help on that car. Sorry.

--
98 NSX-T
92 Accord

Hi there.. I'm a 21 yr old new member to the nsx prime. This topic caught my eyes.. I used to have a black 300zx convertible before and I drove alot. Most of the reactions I got from other people around is like. "nice car, cool car. wow.. etc" from both male and female bystanders on the street. But when I was on my NSX.. on the street. I heard " boo, suX etc." all those things more than the positive ones... At one point I even heard a F word when I'm going straight and the guy is trying to have his left turn on Mass Ave.. And I feel bad about it.. my NSX has bee sleeping in my garage for 2 days already. Don't feel like driving it when I remembers these thinks besides it is really a pain to drive it on lousey poorly maintained Boston roads.

One other things.. I never been chased up by a hooked up Honda car..but instead.. I got all those hooked up GTI and Jettas trying to make me race with them on NewBurry Street at Night.. I don't really race.. and later a guy on a hooked civic with his girlfriend raced with the blue Jetta.

Yes and I agree that I do get some respect from Acura dealers.. but however.. when I went to their service department .. the guy in charge there called up the parts department and said" Did you just send this fellow with Nsx down here?"
Maybe hes just joking .. but however I dont really like it..

Originally posted by David Allen:
We live in a country that runs on ego and greed - how you LOOK and what you OWN is everything, and people will treat you differently because of this.

I can only hope that one day we grow out of it because until then, we will never truly be the greatest nation in the world - we'll only think that we are
smile.gif

100% agree. Sad but true (the first paragraph that is; The 2nd one is up for debate).

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 23 July 2002).]

boston nsx ..too bad you get those kind of reaction from others , but you know they are haters....i cant imagine anyone booing you in an nsx ....what color and year is yours plus what mod did you do..? maybe we should hook up cause i live in boston and i go shopping alll the time in newbury ..

Back