• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Have you ever shy'd away from or bought an NSX because of it's mods?

of course, I agree completely. You noticed i said 'trying to rationalize something irrational'. Many modded cars would have been taken much better care of than the average stock, as demonstrated by the owner caring enough to invest time/money into it. but i just dont think the typical owner thinks that way, myself included. truthfully, i'd want a modded car checked over much much more carefully than a stock. the stock i would be comfortable driving and looking over carefully. the modded i'd want a complete diagnostic on by a qualified technician. with the modded i'd require more 'convincing' before id buy it. and i do think the 'psychology' i mentioned above does play a conscious/unconscious part in many buyers 'irrational' distrust of modded cars--myself included.

ironically enough, if i were going to buy a track car only, i automatically think---high mileage and with mods a big bonus.

Back