• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Here is it! The new 2010 FX-TA1 Widebody Kit for 91-01 NSX

Now available for sale is the new FX-TA1 Widebody! Many of you have followed the build thread here http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129140 and after months of testing we are now making this one of a kind wide-body available to the public.<o></o>

The FX-TA1 widebody was created for those of you that want to update your NSX without losing the soul of the NSX. OEM factory mounting points were retained for strength and to achieve proper fitment. The design concept was to offer the NSX owner something simple and clean that modernizes the NSX with a muscular stance, while maintaining the 1991-2001 pop-up headlights. This widebody is very much an open canvas for the end user to add their own cut outs, NACA ducts, aero modifictions, and pressure relief as they see fit.
<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]--><o></o>

Big thanks to Jim Cozolino for being the early adopter and first home installer. It is highly recommended that the kit be installed by a professional body shop or someone with equivalent skill.<o></o>

The FX-TA1 Widebody (1991-2001) consists of:
Fiberglass construction
-Front Bumper
-Front Fenders
-Side Skirts
-Door Caps
-Rear Quarter Panels
-Rear Bumper with integrated diffuser and valance

Options include:

-FXMD Rear Deck Trunk Lid with integrated Spoiler
-Front Splitter

Retail price: $4,995.00<o>
</o>
<o></o>
We are offering a special discounted price for the first three buyers so please email me at [email protected] for more information. In addition, we are offering sponsorship pricing so please send in prospective proposals.<o></o><o></o>
<o>
</o>
<o></o>
7_-_Full_Res_-_No_Logo.jpg
<o>
</o>
<o></o>
6_-_Low_Res_-_Logo_2_.jpg
<o>
</o>
<o></o>
1_-_Full_Res_EDIT_-_No_Logo.jpg
<o></o>
<o>
</o>

The FX-TA1 Widebody is absolutely incredible as to fit and quality.

I had been looking at various widebody kits for almost 2 years. Looked at everyone of them out there and even discussed kits with those that make them in Japan.

When Ken told me about this kit and showed me the concept pictures of it, I knew this was the kit I wanted and I decided to wait for the completion of it. Bugged Ken for months like a kid in a candy store until it was given to me at a Redline Time Attack competition we did at Spring Mountain.

I got the first kit off the molds and had the pleasure of putting it on myself which was not really all that hard throughout the process if you have some knowledge of body work and fitting on panels.

Those that have seen the car in person know how it came out, the beautiful lines it has, how everything flows together and the quality of this kit. It is truly the most beautiful widebody kit available in my opinion if a widebody is what your looking for.

You did an incredible job on this kit Ken. I'm very proud of it and can't even begin to tell you how much I'm glad I waited for it.

Kuddo's Ken for a job well done !
It made my NSX everything I wanted it to be appearance wise and increased the handling from night to day.

See you next month in Vegas so we can complete the aero on it :)
We were getting high speed push at the Castrol Top Car Challenge at Buttonwillow this last week during the TA.
Time to fix that in time for the SLB finals we've been invited to in November :)

Last edited:
Best body kit out there, and for half the price. Great product Ken!

Danny

Thanks for the compliments guys. We kept the price point reasonable so that those that want to track their widebody can do so with no fear. In addition, once you have purchased the kit you have the rights to purchase any panels individually if something we to happen.

The first of three early adopter kits has been sold! If you plan on inquiring about sponsorship please have a proposal ready for our review.

Thanks!

Any plans to offer a 02+ edition?

Sorry I missed this post. We have an 02 version with this body but I did not think the lines were as good as the 91-01 style.

We will have a new iteration with our current widebody for 2002+ headlights. This body will not be for the faint of heart. Full CFD body, built for boosted cars, oil coolers, etc. People will see the results of this endeavor at Buttonwillow at the end of the year.

Great looking kit. And a great price for it as well. ;)

This is one of the cleanest widebody kits out there....if not the only one that keeps the oem body look somewhat.

Good job on it.

Jim- Just noticed that you're missing the trunk lip spoiler on the car....=p

Yes, I am...I haven't put the fiberglass trunk lid on that came with the kit yet. I have to make new brackets for the wing so they will go through the trunk lid and attach to the actual frame of the car for safety reasons. Don't want the wing flying off at 150+ since nothing like this should be mounted to just a fiberglass trunk lid. Fiberglass would never handle the stress the wing would put on it at very high speeds.

Right now I have the OEM trunk lid on it. I may just end up looking for a lip and modifying it to fit and secure it with nuts and bolts.

But yes, it is something I still need to do one way or the other.

This is one of the cleanest widebody

Jim- Just noticed that you're missing the trunk lip spoiler on the car....=p

Last edited:
Actually I do think it looked good with the NSXR wing.
In the early stages, I still had the NSXR wing still on it.

Do you think this kit would look good with the NSXR wing?

Attachments

• Turbo Done 3.jpg
    Turbo Done 3.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,073
Last edited:
Yes, I am...I haven't put the fiberglass trunk lid on that came with the kit yet. I have to make new brackets for the wing so they will go through the trunk lid and attach to the actual frame of the car for safety reasons. Don't want the wing flying off at 150+ since nothing like this should be mounted to just a fiberglass trunk lid. Fiberglass would never handle the stress the wing would put on it at very high speeds.

Right now I have the OEM trunk lid on it. I may just end up looking for a lip and modifying it to fit and secure it with nuts and bolts.

But yes, it is something I still need to do one way or the other.

Just busting your chops man....your car looks hot as usual....:smile:

You never bust my chops Eddie....except for maybe painting my car dodo Red :biggrin:

Just busting your chops man....your car looks hot as usual....:smile:

Just received my kit today! Many thanks to Ken at FXMD for creating a quality work of art and taking the time and effort to make sure the kit arrived in Alaska in one piece. His service is definitely top-notch! Also, thanks to Coz for taking the time to answer my hundred questions. I'll definitely keep you busy as I perform the fitment and install. I'll try to unpack everything tomorrow and post more detailed pics.

Now that's a crate!
FX-TA1.JPG

FX-TA1-b.JPG

Very, very cool...
Congratulations !!!
Start a thread on the build and if you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask...

Right now I'm running 255 and 305.
Next set I will be moving up to 265 and 315's.

That's about as big as I can run up front without running into turning issues and without carving up the front wheel wells with my current wheels and offsets.

What's the widest tires that can fit with this kit?

Back