• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Here we go again.......

Soooo Im in the market for an NSX....again. I keep selling them because I get annoyed by them. I've had four in the past. My 98 that I sold in March was a great car, but needed a EPS rack when I bought it so my friend and I worked hard at diagnosing it, researching it, and repairing it to like new. Now we do it for you guys :). I sold the car on nsx prime in basically perfect condition. I "thought" I wanted a bigger car so I bought an M6.......I've missed the nsx ever since it left.....just like all the others. Although their quirky and have lots of "little" issues, there are no "big" issues like engine problems etc. I am now dying for another.

I am looking for another at a good deal. It can need a few things or could be a bit of a project but I want one with a clean history and a manual transmission. I don't mind an NA1 or NA2. I am just looking for a good deal. I do not want one in snap ring range unless it has been repaired. I prefer an NA2 if targa. If you guys find one that you'd like to refer to me, please send me a PM. I'm constantly watching the market section. If I can help you with an EPS rebuild also, feel free to let me know...... It feels good to be in the market again. Can't wait to find the next "one".

Good luck and welcome back. I'll keep my eyes peeled on the left coast for you. If you need any info on a car, let me know and NSX SoCal Nation will provide it.

they always come back. it will never change. LOL:redface:

just dont sell the next one learn from your 4 time mistake.:mad:

after the first you should have learned but some people are hard headed LOL:rolleyes:

good luck on your search the good ones are sold with in days.:eek:

Sooo here's where I'm at.....I have found two cars......I might oughtta start another thread.....but hopefully some of you will chime in.

I found a 97 white nsx with a 130k miles that needs some TLC. It needs both bumpers painted and a quarter dent repaired. Seriously considering this.....but there is this other car.

I have a local gentleman that has a 1997 carrera 4S that also needs some TLC but it has 58k miles. Both cars are the same price and I've always had a soft spot for the C4S and its the last of the air cooled cars. It is guards red with black interior and a 6 speed. It has all original paint but has some clear coat peel on the quarters and the front diff isn't engaged due to a roar (I suspect this means it needs a diff rebuild or replacement).

Without me telling the price, which has is the better value if both are the same price? Collectibility? I know they're both pretty rare cars but I love the Porsches mileage. Maintenance is up to date on both cars.

Stick to what you know; the 993 is great, but given the tone of this thread, and your continued return to the NSX, why go for another cycle?

I guess it depends on the condition of the '97, but you should be capable of properly appraising an NSX after learning about them the hard way. In terms of desirability, it's a white NA2, EPS, 3.2L, 6spd - and no learning curve.

Also, I don't know how immediate your purchase needs to be, but why settle for a car which requires work?

Stick to what you know; the 993 is great, but given the tone of this thread, and your continued return to the NSX, why go for another cycle?

I guess it depends on the condition of the '97, but you should be capable of properly appraising an NSX after learning about them the hard way. In terms of desirability, it's a white NA2, EPS, 3.2L, 6spd - and no learning curve.

Also, I don't know how immediate your purchase needs to be, but why settle for a car which requires work?

I agree. I have owned 3 Porsches as well......but two were 996s before any of the NSXs. I have never owned a 993. I also responded to your PM but never heard back :). I just sold my m6 so I am looking for a fun weekend car immediately but don't care to get dirty.....after all, I do a lot of my own work. I have history with both cars. I gotta be honest though, I've never owned an nsx with that many miles. That worries me a little. This 97 caught my eye because of the color and price. Everyone wants a white on black.... As I said before, I'm looking for the best investment. I learned years ago that investment cars are way better than stocks :) I'm still looking but the only ones I'm considering so far are these two mentioned and the one I was PMd about :).

If anyone else has input or knows of a good deal out there, please let me know.

Go for the 993, I love them and you will eventually be back here regardless, the spice of life is variety

Just out of curiosity, since I am researching what I'd like to buy next. What are all the "little" things that go wrong with the NSX?

A properly cared for NSX is one of the most reliable used cars you can find, but there are things that do deteriorate with age and use. The Wiki has some good information on what to look for when purchasing an NSX, including the Hona Tuning checklist article which explains some of the things that can go wrong:

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Category:Purchasing_an_NSX

Back