• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda's First Production Factory Turbo Motor

At the epicenter of the Zombie Apocalypse
Read all about it in issue 10 of Winding Road magazine.

How many of you guys want this little plaque on your cars?

ivtecturbo.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Honda's First Factory Turbo Motor

Edit in "automobile" and you'll be set. :D

They've been turbocharging their watercraft for a couple of years now.

aquatrax_motor.jpg

Well Hugh, you know, no good deed goes unpunished. Thanks for sharing the information, but alas, I too want to point out Honda sold turbo motorcycles back as far as 1982.

waymilky

dave22 said:
Edit in "automobile" and you'll be set. :D
Actually, you'll also need to specify "in North America". ;) They've had a number of turbo engines in passenger cars - both gasoline and diesel - overseas:

Still, it's a huge news to have a car with turbo (and second vehicle with SH-AWD) available here in the US. :)

Last edited:
That motor with a little more boost would make the S2000 one hell of a fun car.

I am glad Honda finally is working with FI.

It almost makes you wonder if the rumors about the HSC having a turbo V6 might have had some truth to them ........

P.S. I am still pissed Honda did not boost that limited production NSX-R that cost $500K!!!

I see this new engine being the next swaped engine for a few cars.. :smile: Kind of like the B18C Type-R Engine.

I only know about it because I nearly bought one for an ornamant last year :)
The turbo looks good.

Ojas said:
Simon, I mentioned it above, but got the displacement wrong. Thanks for the correction. :)

nsx-animal said:
I see this new engine being the next swaped engine for a few cars.. :smile: Kind of like the B18C Type-R Engine.

I like the sound of that. it would make a fine swap for my CRX!

best regards david

Hugh said:
Read all about it in issue 10 of Winding Road magazine.

How many of you guys want this little plaque on your cars?

ivtecturbo.jpg
hey obout time for us people we like boost .... we dont nned to spend $$$$$$ for boost just make it factory make
how sounds
2007 HONDA NSX turbo

BadCarma said:
I like the sound of that. it would make a fine swap for my CRX!

best regards david

I don't know about that. I'm still trying to figure out if the turbo system and plumbing would fit along the firewall. You see the K series engine sits backwards from what us Honda guys are used to. The exhaust is along the firewall and intake up front. Some guys have done K- series swaps into CRXs already and it's a tight fit. Now when you do that I don't think there will be enough room along the firewall to route and mount all the turbo gear. For sure you will not be able to use the RDX top mount intercooler so some fab work will have to be done to get the charge pipe down to the front end of the car to a traditional front mount unit. Plus if you were going this route it makes more sense to swap in a K20-r from a RSX type S and then turbo that, it is way more available. Then you get a 6spd CRX...... hawtness!!!!!
You'll probably have to wait a few years for this engine and then it will be too much cash. If you really want more displacement I was thinking about the Honda Element engine with a RSX type S head swap and THEN turbo :) drop that in a CRX and you'll be good for easy 350-400whp on relatively low boost!!

Maybe my next project :D

This is a bigger deal than most realize, as far as tuning potential goes.

I know some can appreciate the impact of this:

240hp, 260tq

A stock swap into a s2k would bring sizeable results. A simple raise in psi within the car's stock safety margins would bring it to 280/300 quite realistically.

can't wait to see what the tuners can do with this. Maybe it'll be a mini 2JZGTE (supra turbo engine) =)

sahtt said:
This is a bigger deal than most realize, as far as tuning potential goes.

I know some can appreciate the impact of this:

240hp, 260tq

A stock swap into a s2k would bring sizeable results. A simple raise in psi within the car's stock safety margins would bring it to 280/300 quite realistically.

To me, those numbers mean an engine that runs out of breath at high RPMs. :)

If they could hold that torque figure at 8000 rpm, we would have 396hp, which sounds even more exciting!

I get my hands on one of the RDX's before the public does! I will share pictures and comments in a few weeks. :wink: The RDX updated release date is August 11th. Has anyone thought of picking one of these up and just not for the motor?

John McCain Racing said:
I get my hands on one of the RDX's before the public does! I will share pictures and comments in a few weeks. :wink: The RDX updated release date is August 11th. Has anyone thought of picking one of these up and just not for the motor?

what? who buys a car for anything but the motor??? :wink: ahh, suspension maybe...

dawggpie said:
what? who buys a car for anything but the motor??? :wink: ahh, suspension maybe...

That's a matter of personal opion. I'm sure people who bought a VW Bug, Ford Mustang, Toyota Camery, Hyndai Sonata, etc, will disagree with you:biggrin:

Back