• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda's First Production Factory Turbo Motor

Gansan said:
To me, those numbers mean an engine that runs out of breath at high RPMs. :)

If they could hold that torque figure at 8000 rpm, we would have 396hp, which sounds even more exciting!

I think it's just tuned that way. Truck engines (or car/truck :) ) tend to favor more torque. I'm sure some retuning, and different cams would totally change the persona of this engine.

Forced Induction FTW :)

Vancehu said:
That's a matter of personal opion. I'm sure people who bought a VW Bug, Ford Mustang, Toyota Camery, Hyndai Sonata, etc, will disagree with you:biggrin:

They have been led astray... we must show them the way :biggrin:

John McCain Racing said:
I get my hands on one of the RDX's before the public does! I will share pictures and comments in a few weeks. :wink: The RDX updated release date is August 11th. Has anyone thought of picking one of these up and just not for the motor?

I've thought about it. I'm waiting to see what the final pricing will be when it's released. I know they are estimating it to be around $31k. I'm also waiting to see what the new CRV will be like. I'll have to compare the 2 and see if the RDX will be worth the extra money for our needs.

On another note. I know people have talked about the swap potential of this car. I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that the RDX will be stolen left and right for it's engine. Because it is a K series, this will be the new swap that will change everything, just like the B series did for Civics and Integras.

White92 said:
I've thought about it. I'm waiting to see what the final pricing will be when it's released. I know they are estimating it to be around $31k. I'm also waiting to see what the new CRV will be like. I'll have to compare the 2 and see if the RDX will be worth the extra money for our needs.

On another note. I know people have talked about the swap potential of this car. I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that the RDX will be stolen left and right for it's engine. Because it is a K series, this will be the new swap that will change everything, just like the B series did for Civics and Integras.

I work for Pohanka Acura and when I get final pricing I will let you know. Rumor is it will be in the mid 30's for the Base Model and then another few thousand for the Tech Package.

Back