• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HOT! gaugeART Video Gauge Adapter

I'm having issues with GaugeArtDesigner. Getting errors:
[UnauthorizedAccess_IODenied_Path]
Arguments: .jpg
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. etc....

Anyway these should help some of you.

Major updates were posted over the weekend (a CAN version for Infinity is now supported). If you are getting this message, you may need to refresh your cache. Here are instructions on how to do this:
http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/

Yes I have. I don't understand the instruction on how to physically connect the sensors to the AEM EMS.

You will use the terminals included with the AEM EMS to terminate the sensor wires in to ECU's connector. Please see the instructions included with your ECU on how to do this and for a pin out for your ECU.

To crimp the wires in to the ECU terminals, please use a proper open barrel crimper like this:

RCT4_detail.jpg

Thanks Chris. Just downloaded the AEM EMS instructions. Which pin to use for oil temp, water temp and oil pressure?

Last edited:
I have read this over and over again. I just can't understand it. This is the reason for my posting above and asking for help in terms of better and clearer instruction. preferably with graphic illustrations. Thanks.

Maybe you can FaceTime or Skype S.O.S. for better understanding or use GaugeArt forum for better understanding.
(I wish you luck)

- - - Updated - - -

Use bar graph for temps & digital for others.

I have read this over and over again. I just can't understand it. This is the reason for my posting above and asking for help in terms of better and clearer instruction. preferably with graphic illustrations. Thanks.

I'm not sure exactly where the stumbling block is - the website referenced has photos on how to do this. Perhaps sending an e-mail to [email protected] with an explanation of what part of the process you are unclear of will allow us to help you out.

- - - Updated - - -

Dumb question : Is there any way to have more than 1 monitor hooked up; so Different monitors showing different info?

Two monitors with one gaugeART can display the same info. Two gaugeARTs with two monitors can display different info.

That being said, the gaugeART can display 19 gauges on one display - which should be more than enough to be information overload as it is!

Which ADCR/pin should we use for oil temp and oil pressure (pin A19?) for series 1 (30-1042)?

Which ADCR/pin should we use for water temp? I have the AEM temp sensor. Should I add this sensor or just rely on factory water temp sensor?

Is it necessary to open the AEM EMS housing to move the jumpers?

If the answer is affirmative, is there a special gadget to pry the 2 waffles apart? I noticed that there are lots of pins that join both waffles together.

TIA

Update:

I have connected the oil pressure sensor to pin A19 and oil temp to F1. Finally managed to open the AEM EMS housing and changed the jumper configuration for EGT1 to therm. The program I am using belongs to OKIBOY and the chanels are different from the preset Chanels. OKIBOY's chanels are as follows:

Channel list:
1 Coolant Temp/circular
2 Oil Pressure ADCR14?
3 Oil Temp/circular ADCR 15?
4 Boost. Do we select boost switch?
5 Air Fuel Ratio - which parameters do we select for this?
6 Battery Voltage
7 Miles Per Hour
8 RPM
9 Oil Temp/digital
10 Coolant Temp/digital

I have difficulty reconfiguring the gaugeart Chanels in telemetry to make OKIBOY's gauge design work.

Please help

Last edited:
Which ADCR/pin should we use for oil temp and oil pressure (pin A19?) for series 1 (30-1042)?

Which ADCR/pin should we use for water temp? I have the AEM temp sensor. Should I add this sensor or just rely on factory water temp sensor?

Is it necessary to open the AEM EMS housing to move the jumpers?

If the answer is affirmative, is there a special gadget to pry the 2 waffles apart? I noticed that there are lots of pins that join both waffles together.

TIA

Update:

I have connected the oil pressure sensor to pin A19 and oil temp to F1. Finally managed to open the AEM EMS housing and changed the jumper configuration for EGT1 to therm. The program I am using belongs to OKIBOY and the chanels are different from the preset Chanels. OKIBOY's chanels are as follows:

Channel list:
1 Coolant Temp/circular
2 Oil Pressure ADCR14?
6 Battery Voltage
7 Miles Per Hour
8 RPM
9 Oil Temp/digital
10 Coolant Temp/digital

I have difficulty reconfiguring the gaugeart Chanels in telemetry to make OKIBOY's gauge design work.

Please help
****disregard channels 8 & 9 unless you run extra lines like channels 1 & 3 to display these channels****
channels should read as follows:
Channel list:
1 Coolant Temp/circular
2 Oil Pressure ADCR14?
6 Battery Voltage
7 Miles Per Hour
8 RPM

Screen shot of last design:

Last edited:
SOS if one channel is configured wrongly will the other channels still display the streamed data?

Last edited:
SOS if one channel is configured wrongly will the other channels still display the streamed data?

No, all other channels will work. It sounds like your configuration is wrong. For gaugeART setup questions, please post on the gaugeART forum here:
http://gaugeart.com/forum/

Make sure to include your telemetry info as well as which design you are using.

To connect the dots, here is the solution to nsxinkl's question. When using custom gauge designs, make sure the header addresses match.
http://gaugeart.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=397

- - - Updated - - -

@ScienceofSpeed Is there any footage showing refresh rate/latency on this?

You can find a video showing gaugeART in action here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waAE5bYLsvg

- - - Updated - - -

Who won the GaugeArt competition Chris?

Random drawing of gaugeART customers who posted reviews will be drawn on Monday & announced on gaugeART forum.

If I am the judge OKI will be the undisputed winner. I bought gaugeart mainly because of his design even though there are cheaper alternatives.

Thanks nsxinkl!
latest design:

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allownetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid84.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fk30%2FILLGOTTEN%2FIMG_2125_zpscfe814dd.mp4&title=">

Last edited:
I won!!!
"Congratulations! You were selected from submissions of reviews of the gaugeART Video Gauge Adapter! You've won Amazon gift cards totalling $100.00."

Back