• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HOT! gaugeART Video Gauge Adapter

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qmtEq_jkZVY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oki whata your instagram and great work as always. I just isntaled mine and need new ecu damnit hehe but this looks great thx for making it in km i def am downloading this and saving

Can you do something like this current layout but with boost and AFR being the center stage? Oil temps too. I am looking for something that doesn't replicate what I can see on my dash, but to supplement more visual information. Is this something that can be downloaded and uploaded with relative ease?

Can you do something like this current layout but with boost and AFR being the center stage? Oil temps too. I am looking for something that doesn't replicate what I can see on my dash, but to supplement more visual information. Is this something that can be downloaded and uploaded with relative ease?
If I'm understanding you correct, your asking if it can have only 3gauges.Yes, that's entirley up to to you.

I was just thinking... what if the new NSX instrument cluster was duplicated on the gauageart.....

djcojo9jnypnsoi95o6u.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

This one is cool too.

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/nsx-prime-member-galleries/p49882-work-in-progress-gaugeart-design.html

The delimiting factor here for this product for me is the refresh rate (sub par) and also the supported fonts are ancient at best yielding archaic looking levels of polish on whatever well thought out backdrop is developed...

A level of weighted smoothing (discarding outliers/averaging trending stream to 1-3 updates per second) needs to be applied to the final presented figures to avoid the clumsy data stream inconsistencies/variances. For instance on any newer digital dash, someone has taken the time to filter out and smooth the data so it is easily consumable from both a trending and directional perspective...there are of course arguments to be made here about accuracy but that is a debate not worth getting into at this point.

I'm not sure how much computing power is on this little board, but if there is room for smoothing and more modern fonts this would be a fantastic option to supplement the age gap of the NSX.

I've requested on the gaugeART forum for more modern fonts to be included and I really hope they get around to it.

I do like this concept A LOT, especially how lightweight it is...

Last edited:
How many of you are using gaugeart? Anyone doing this through a singe double DIN HU with gauges displayed AND music at the same time? I am close to pulling the trigger but want the single cleaner look of one HU rather than two. I have a high end Pioneer Premier in the car right now though.

BTW I gave up registering for the gaugeart forum....been 3 weeks now and they won't let me on. So I started this thread....

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...parate-audio-video-sources-c.html#post2255658

How many of you are using gaugeart? Anyone doing this through a singe double DIN HU with gauges displayed AND music at the same time? I am close to pulling the trigger but want the single cleaner look of one HU rather than two. I have a high end Pioneer Premier in the car right now though.

BTW I gave up registering for the gaugeart forum....been 3 weeks now and they won't let me on. So I started this thread....

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...parate-audio-video-sources-c.html#post2255658

Most decks allow the video input source to be switched to "reverse camera input" which will continue to play music over the displayed image from gaugeART. It is easy enough to test - simply switch it while playing music, you don't even need a gaugeART to test this. The upgrades to the forums should be complete on Monday - just like NSXPrime, it is being barraged by hackers at the moment.

Most decks allow the video input source to be switched to "reverse camera input" which will continue to play music over the displayed image from gaugeART. It is easy enough to test - simply switch it while playing music, you don't even need a gaugeART to test this. The upgrades to the forums should be complete on Monday - just like NSXPrime, it is being barraged by hackers at the moment.

I don't have the double DIN yet....so can't test ahead of time. I have heard the backup camera feed always has some kind of warning superimposed over the top, is that true? Also, how to trigger it manually so I see the gauges when I want to? Also, seems like most camera feeds go in through composite video - won't that degrade the gaugeart signal

you can have a single din and a screen underneath, just an option

sp-083013-noah-borgia-1996-acura-nsx-1-0074.jpg
This is how I run my Gauge Art

Interesting - is that a SOS blank you worked from? What did you do for 12v accessory power? How slim is the display and which one is it?

I'll have to check the screen, but it was one without frame. I worked this from the SOS fiberglass blanks, Tapped into the power that's available from the radio with some additional fuses etc. It took a while to get all the wires to fit, but with some zip ties it all gets in there, there is an extra panel attached to the screen underneath, but I just tucked that away. I use the remote to control the screen. Wasn't a ton of real estate to work with but if you take your time, you can get the single din and the screen all in there. I thought about doing it the other way, but there was more glare and CDs (Although I never use them) would have a hard time with the shifter there.

I pinged gaugeart folks for help on this with double din support. They said they have a Pioneer unit in for testing but they haven't gotten back to me yet about results. My gaugeart unit arrived this morning.....

I think for practical and safety purposes(eyes not having to leave the road) it works best in a NAVpod unless for looks.
I have a dbl.din but looking between the seats at any speed can be dangerous.

Last edited:
I agree with oki-boy, if it's something you are going to look at regularly then you should keep it higher. I use mine for reference, and I personally am not a fan of the nav pod; Oki's set up is sick though. All preference

I'm waiting to hear back from Gaugeart - apparently they are testing with a double DIN Pioneer HU in house.

For those of you with AEM Serioes 1, what telemetry setting are you using for Boost? Baro Pressure? Or something else? Thanks!

Thx - I don't see that listed though, or at least not alphabetically.

Mine shows "2 Bar MAP Sensor"

Huh, I looked in AEMPro and don't see that as an option in Telemetry setup at all. I stopped my Mase's shop today and asked him and he said he normally uses Engine Load, so I guess I will try that when I get back home at the weekend. Thx Chris,

Engine load yep. The stock map sensor is a 1.7 bar as well. If you select 2 bar in the designer you won't have accurate readings. As far as I know the stock map sensor isn't supported digitally, you can get a radial gauge to work with the proper background that is scaled correctly.

I asked on the GaugeArt forum some time ago for stock Honda map support and no response. If you need help on a radial gauge background let me know and I can put one together for you.

It you look in the CanBus designs on the GaugeArt forum you'll see a few map sensor radial gauge designs I made for my setup.

Please use 2 BAR MAP sensor if you're using the factory MAP sensor. At idle, a NSX will typically pull around 21-22 inHg in vacuum, which is -10 ~ -11 PSI.

This was the response I got from SOS back in May of 2014 when I asked what sensor should be used to measure boost for my SOS Supercharger

See Post 68-71

Last edited:
Back