• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How 'bout that stock market?

Can I ask you guys what trading system (or combination of multiple systems) have you used as a "base" for creating your own?

Last edited:
For the second week now, nothing. These positions have done nothing. Except for oil, which is down 5%. I'm getting bored. :mad: .......

I hear you. Some of my long holds are down but nothing substantial. Something will shake things up.........I hope :redface:

Can I ask you guys what trading system (or combination of multiple systems) have you used as a "base" for create your own?

I like the streaming Commander "something" #2 on TD Ameritrade but you have a lot of choices.

I like the streaming Commander "something" #2 on TD Ameritrade but you have a lot of choices.

Hmm maybe I didn't ask the question correctly.. I didn't mean trading platform or broker. I meant what style/system/etc do you adhere to (trend follow/counter trend/breakout as examples) and with what parameters and time frames. (I know they evolve/change, but what is the underlining one(s) you do well with consistently..or even currently?

I use the Silverstone05 trading system. lol.

I trade channels. Usually stocks will trade in channels for periods (and if you're lucky long) periods of time. Long when its at the bottom, short at the top if you're ballsy.

My trading platform is ameritrade's command center.

I use the Silverstone05 trading system. lol.

I trade channels. Usually stocks will trade in channels for periods (and if you're lucky long) periods of time. Long when its at the bottom, short at the top if you're ballsy.

My trading platform is ameritrade's command center.

That is so funny man, I did about the same thing for years on the 3 min, I used BB's set to 18/2 and RSI set to 6. All data was a bar chart. When price closes outside of the bb with a RSI divergence I would counter trend trade it. Worked all day every day ;)

Shit I dono, I did laugh about it though. The oil pressure light came on and it would not go over 5mph, I told the guy at the shop and he said they will get it done this week, I think it's a sensor. Also the go fast parts are coming after I get that 10hr checkup thing done. Right now they have the ski's upto about 80mph. Also I am spending about $200 a weekend on gas lol. 1hr = 8 gal's the way I ride. So 4.20x8 =$33.6 a hour so it's really not that bad. The 27 fountain I am looking into uses about 150 gals a weekend so that's about 630, so pretty much with that, slip, food, beer, hookers, crack, meth it runs about 500 a day on the weekend. About the same price as a track day used to be :)

Shit I dono, I did laugh about it though. The oil pressure light came on and it would not go over 5mph, I told the guy at the shop and he said they will get it done this week, I think it's a sensor. Also the go fast parts are coming after I get that 10hr checkup thing done. Right now they have the ski's upto about 80mph. Also I am spending about $200 a weekend on gas lol. 1hr = 8 gal's the way I ride. So 4.20x8 =$33.6 a hour so it's really not that bad. The 27 fountain I am looking into uses about 150 gals a weekend so that's about 630, so pretty much with that, slip, food, beer, hookers, crack, meth it runs about 500 a day on the weekend. About the same price as a track day used to be :)

Man I hope it's not a failed washer. I know they stopped using the ceramic washers in them but the new wash is, well, new. Check out Greenhulk.com. Maybe an answer there. I was hanging out on the dock at my house in Florida and the first RXP X flew by with a bunch of other sea doo's. I flagged the guy down and talked with him for 20 minutes. Turns out he is the guy who owns Greenhulk.com and a bunch of the other guys with him were members of the site.

I use to have a 30 foot offshore. If you are looking for a way to rapidly burn up cash offshore boats are the ticket. Get the fastest k planes you can afford so you can launch the boat off waves.

Man I hope it's not a failed washer. I know they stopped using the ceramic washers in them but the new wash is, well, new. Check out Greenhulk.com. Maybe an answer there. I was hanging out on the dock at my house in Florida and the first RXP X flew by with a bunch of other sea doo's. I flagged the guy down and talked with him for 20 minutes. Turns out he is the guy who owns Greenhulk.com and a bunch of the other guys with him were members of the site.

I use to have a 30 foot offshore. If you are looking for a way to rapidly burn up cash offshore boats are the ticket. Get the fastest k planes you can afford so you can launch the boat off waves.

I posted it up on the GreenHulk site yesterday, the guy working on it's good he has a few ski's running 80 and has a few people that race for him so he is pretty into it, not just some jackass selling boats. I think I like boats better then cars now but that may change. It's just something different and seems to be a lot more females at the lake then at car shows ;) Also how did you like the offshore boat? My only problem with anything on the water is the downtime and it really does not matter how much money you throw at a boat you are going to have problems.

It's just something different and seems to be a lot more females at the lake then at car shows ;)

Agreed. And they tend to wear less when at the lake as well.

I posted it up on the GreenHulk site yesterday, the guy working on it's good he has a few ski's running 80 and has a few people that race for him so he is pretty into it, not just some jackass selling boats. I think I like boats better then cars now but that may change. It's just something different and seems to be a lot more females at the lake then at car shows ;) Also how did you like the offshore boat? My only problem with anything on the water is the downtime and it really does not matter how much money you throw at a boat you are going to have problems.

You probably won't believe me but I had only 1 (ONE) problem with my boat the whole time I had it. I had a guy fix it on the water and it cost me less than 500 dollars to repair. I sold the boat and within a month the guy who bought it blew the motor. The best advice I can give you is use a slip don't tow the thing in and out of the water. It's a lot more fun to just head to the lake and it's there and ready. I use to live on mine for the weekends.

Looks like we might get a pop up today. I am looking to profit off some short covering. I am thinking of going long BIDU and FSLR for a quick pop.

You probably won't believe me but I had only 1 (ONE) problem with my boat the whole time I had it. I had a guy fix it on the water and it cost me less than 500 dollars to repair. I sold the boat and within a month the guy who bought it blew the motor. The best advice I can give you is use a slip don't tow the thing in and out of the water. It's a lot more fun to just head to the lake and it's there and ready. I use to live on mine for the weekends.

Slip is the only way to go, I have one for my waverunner. The way I look at the lake is if I can not gas N go it's not worth it. Too many people spend so much time trying to get the to lake, I hop on the jetport and slide it off and go.

Back