• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How do you let the NSX just sit???

Ok, like I said, how can you just let the car sit in a garage?? I can understand physically there is bad weather but i mean mentally. I got the car back from the body shop after getting the front bumper fixed from the little scuffs a few weeks back. I get the car back, drive it home, get complements there and near home so I felt good getting it back. Park the car, next day it rains on sat, then sunday it rains. I go to school m-th and work s-th so drive my prelude. The weekend comes up again last week and rain!!!! only on friday and saturday. I havent really driven the car going on week 3 and i was tempted just to start it and roll back in my garage and move forward lol. How can you guys that let the car sit over a few months contain yourselves lol? Im borderline considering taking it to work just to drive it since it isn't raining this week :rolleyes:

Three letters: AMG :cool:

When the weather looks like crap, I just jump in my E63 AMG. It is ridiculously fast, comfortable, and did I mention FAST!! Seriously, this car is simply amazing. I still love my NSX, but the raw power of the AMG sure is fun.

The NSX is only moderately more fun commuting on city streets than my gutless automatic daily driver. Not driving NSX all the time means less maintenance cost, less money and/or time spent washing cars, and less wear/tear/UV/etc on an iconic sports car. These considerations certainly outweigh the trivial amount of lost fun...and will keep the NSX nice for many more decades of drives that will actually be enjoyable.

Last edited:
The NSX is only moderately more fun commuting on city streets than my gutless automatic daily driver. Not driving NSX all the time means less maintenance cost, less money and/or time spent washing cars, and less wear/tear/UV/etc on an iconic sports car. These considerations certainly outweigh the trivial amount of lost fun...and will keep the NSX nice for many more decades of drives that will actually be enjoyable.

Well put - good point. I'm thinking that I will slow down my driving to the office this year. I was just thrilled to drive the first year but now I see the benefit in this idea!

I bought the Zanardi on 6/6/2008 with 26,677 miles, Its currently at 27,100:redface:

My daily driver is neither gutless or an automatic, but the NSX is more fun sitting still than my DD is commuting. The NSX is exciting to look out of, it's exciting to look at the dash, it's exciting to hear the engine at idle, it's exciting to hear it rev, it's exciting to make even the slowest turns, it's exciting to look at in the parking lot. When I can't appreciate these little joys of driving the NSX, it'll be time to buy an Avalon.

Well said Cap'n.

However, I bet if the NSX aren't as rare, I wouldn't be as excited whenever I see a NSX on the road. That can be said as well for the times one drives the car.

My daily driver is neither gutless or an automatic, but the NSX is more fun sitting still than my DD is commuting. The NSX is exciting to look out of, it's exciting to look at the dash, it's exciting to hear the engine at idle, it's exciting to hear it rev, it's exciting to make even the slowest turns, it's exciting to look at in the parking lot. When I can't appreciate these little joys of driving the NSX, it'll be time to buy an Avalon.

It's been almost 5 months since I pulled my car out of the garage. I can't wait to free up some time and spend a full day detailing and driving:biggrin:

I live around the corner, throw me the keys and I'll see she gets "driven" :cool:

I can see driving a daily to the office and maybe missing a few weeks, but months lol. No, I cant do a week let alone a month. I know a zandari is rare, but putting what, 600 miles on it in two years, drive it. Its like having a zonda parked in a garage and saying look, i got a zonda. Mind as well buy a poster and im not just talking to the kid, but everyone. You can drive a nsx on gt5, anyone can but not everyone can say, you know what, its time to put the controler down and get in my real nsx. so snow, rain, hail, bad weather ok, but a sunny day there is no excuse.

I can see driving a daily to the office and maybe missing a few weeks, but months lol. No, I cant do a week let alone a month. I know a zandari is rare, but putting what, 600 miles on it in two years, drive it. Its like having a zonda parked in a garage and saying look, i got a zonda. Mind as well buy a poster and im not just talking to the kid, but everyone. You can drive a nsx on gt5, anyone can but not everyone can say, you know what, its time to put the controler down and get in my real nsx. so snow, rain, hail, bad weather ok, but a sunny day there is no excuse.

I can't stand to let mine sit for even a day. I have had it since August and have put almost 6K on it. I drive 20 miles each way to work and yes I do hit some traffic on the way home but for only about 2 miles so the other 38 I'm enjoying the HELL out of it:biggrin:. So I agree with Jason, if it is sunny get it out and drive!!!

I can't stand to let mine sit for even a day. I have had it since August and have put almost 6K on it. I drive 20 miles each way to work and yes I do hit some traffic on the way home but for only about 2 miles so the other 38 I'm enjoying the HELL out of it:biggrin:. So I agree with Jason, if it is sunny get it out and drive!!!

U gona take it shooting to dodge the bullets lol. Jk i wouldnt take the X the a shooting range ;)

How do I let it sit?

Because it's my damn car, that's why!!!

I love my NSX, but my life does not revolve around the NSX, as shocking as that is to believe.

I drive it when it is convenient to me, not the other way around!

I have a lot of important priorities, and most of them do not involve the NSX. Shocking but true!

She will be a garage queen for as long as I have her. That's how I roll, err I mean not roll... :wink:

Last edited:
U gona take it shooting to dodge the bullets lol. Jk i wouldnt take the X the a shooting range ;)

Read my signature. That's what the 4Runner is for:biggrin:.
BTW we are going to the desert not a range:tongue:
We'll talk soon about when.

How do I let it sit?

Because it's my damn car, that's why!!!

I love my NSX, but my life does not revolve around the NSX, as shocking as that is to believe.

I drive it when it is convenient to me, not the other way around!

I have a lot of important priorities, and most of them do not involve the NSX. Shocking but true!

She will be a garage queen for as long as I have her. That's how I roll, err I mean not roll... :wink:

My life does not revolve around my NSX either. To drive to work it's either the NSX or the 4Runner, which is setup more for offroad than street so a no brainer there. On the weekends it's either the NSX, 4Runner or the wife's Camry, so unless I'm going to the desert or Home Depot, a no brainer also. If I even had a forth car I would still drive my NSX a lot more because it is SOOOOO much fun to drive. Shocking but true:tongue:.

So that's how I roll...:cool:

i wouldnt take the X the a shooting range ;)

Why not? I have...and I'm one of the people you think should drive mine more. Unlike the not-fun busy city streets the roads to ranges are almost empty (can't put a rifle range near populated areas due to land cost and errant rounds).

Why not? I have...and I'm one of the people you think should drive mine more. Unlike the not-fun busy city streets the roads to ranges are almost empty (can't put a rifle range near populated areas due to land cost and errant rounds).

That was a joke between Jason and I.
Besides, the NSX could not hold all I take when I go shooting:eek:

Jason, see what you started with the NSX and shooting:tongue:

Now back to our originally scheduled programimng:smile:

Last edited:
When my dad was just starting our family in the early 80's, he had a 1970 Plum Crazy Dodge Dart Swinger 340. The car had headers, hot cams, and the Chrysler 4-speed with a 4.11 rear end. It was a BEAST and undriveable in the snow. As a result, the Dart would sleep in the garage during the winter. But, he told me once that the best part about the car was that every Spring, he would open up the garage and take the Dart out and it would feel like he was driving it for the first time- the rush and excitement was fresh. So in a way he was glad it was not his daily driver. I treat my NSX the same way. Every Spring it is like the car is brand new all over again. :)

Post script to that story: in 1984 he finally sold the Dart to get money to build our family room addition to the house. I am hoping that never is the case with my NSX! :eek:

I think that for a lot of us, fortunately, the NSX is a 2nd or 3rd (or 4th+ :eek:) car. My commute to work is nightmarish each day, so I generally drive one of my other two cars (depending on weather, mood, etc). I save the driving of the NSX for those days I really can savor, and enjoy the ride. And, so far, each time seems remarkably special - almost like the first time I fired her up.

So, if I put 4,000 miles on her a year or so, its ok. But I get that adrenaline rush every time I turn that ignition. To each his own! :smile: Jay

I keep telling myself this will be the last wash before I put it up for the winter.................... but damn, I can't stop driving it.

do a widebody conversion on an NSX and it will sit for a long time... :frown:

I keep telling myself this will be the last wash before I put it up for the winter.................... but damn, I can't stop driving it.

Mine has only left the driveway once in over a month, and that was because I wanted to make sure it still started and to avoid flat spots on the tires.

So, it sits in the garage with a nice thick layer of dust on it, and no real idea when I will drive it again. Plus, it is too cold for me to wash it or do anything else with it. :(

I bought my first NSX this Aug. Its came with 18k. My plan was to enjoy her much as I can. But when I finally bought her, I couldn't let myself bring her in to the city. Well, for two reason...First, those 20" rims and ultra low profile tires were not gonna make it in the streets of NYC. Secondly, being that its next to impossible getting my own personal garage in NYC....I parked her at my friends place in NJ (private garage). Its kinda far from where I live, about 15min drive...but it takes care of sleepness nights wondering what those valets doods are doing to the car when stored for days at a time (this is something I didn't anticipate
l'll be feeling when I decided to buy her). That pretty much limited the opportunities to take her out when I wanted to...I was only able to put 1k since.
After reading some posts on this thread, those that wanted to keep a mint X with low mileage low, I can share the feelings of knowing that the car will stay as mint as possible. But intentionally limiting themselves from driving her, in my eyes, is a shame.
I am currently in the process of looking at some Townhomes with attached garage in NJ just to fully enjoy her. Once I move, I will be driving her as much as I can.
Its true, you don't know when your time is up. To that note...when we are blessed with the opportunity to own and drive one of the best cars ever made classic like the NSX (a car many of us grew up admiring and dreaming about), its only fair to ourselves that we fully utilize that opportunity and let our spirits flourish with every RPM she's able to provide.
:smile:

have young children...the car will sit.:redface:

lol inside joke :), but seriously, the roads are fked up where I usually go since no one usually goes except to shoot, the roads aren't usually kept up.

As for kids, my gf says kids cant ride in the front seat till there old/heavy enough. Wheres the fun in starting your boy early to lilke cars lol. My biggest fear with kids is at 16 they will want to dirive the car, then crash it lol :(

What else did I miss....oh wide body, how long we talking. Seriously I would think 2-3 weeks no joke. Get the parts, send them for painting and while its being painted take off your fenders. The nsx is especially easy in that the rear isnt even welded as part of the car and the panel just pops off. Why so long to do a wide body? Unless you put it on jacks and buy one piece at a time. We replaced my brotheres s2k huge fender in like a couple of hours, so I dont see the nsx taking months.....at least not with my pace.

Last edited:
Back