• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How do you let the NSX just sit???

I live in n.y. and drive it till first snowfall , every weekend me and my wife as long as theres no rain , just turned 90k . the car loves cold air :smile:

Me too. Had mine out yesterday. Rain? No problem ............... love how that Rain-Ex works. Water just bounces off the windscreen. Cold mornings the car runs nice!
First salt ........... I'm done. :mad:

have young children...the car will sit.:redface:

This is me. I have a 3, 9 and 10 year olds. Couple that with the fact that I live in an area that averages 80" of snow per year, and that doesn't leave much time for joyriding in a two-seater sports car during the year. I would have only put just under 3000 miles on "Thumper" this year, however, I was able to sneak in a trip down to Georgia the other week in which I racked up 2000 miles in 5 days (700 down, 600 there and 700 back) to make a grand total of about 4800 for the year.

I do enjoy driving it, but it is only one piece of my life (and kind of a selfish piece at that, although my wife does enjoy it too) and since my wife and kids take priority there are some times, even in the summer, when the car might sit for 3, 4, maybe even 5 weeks at a time with only the occasional 2 or 3 miles trip put on it.

This is me. I have a 3, 9 and 10 year olds. Couple that with the fact that I live in an area that averages 80" of snow per year, and that doesn't leave much time for joyriding in a two-seater sports car during the year. I would have only put just under 3000 miles on "Thumper" this year, however, I was able to sneak in a trip down to Georgia the other week in which I racked up 2000 miles in 5 days (700 down, 600 there and 700 back) to make a grand total of about 4800 for the year.

I do enjoy driving it, but it is only one piece of my life (and kind of a selfish piece at that, although my wife does enjoy it too) and since my wife and kids take priority there are some times, even in the summer, when the car might sit for 3, 4, maybe even 5 weeks at a time with only the occasional 2 or 3 miles trip put on it.

When my boys were young I went thru the same thing ,my corvette saw very little use for ten years, but I never missed a ballgame (little league thru varsity )or a wrestling match ,and have no regrets about it ,those memories last forever

What else did I miss....oh wide body, how long we talking. Seriously I would think 2-3 weeks no joke. Get the parts, send them for painting and while its being painted take off your fenders. The nsx is especially easy in that the rear isnt even welded as part of the car and the panel just pops off. Why so long to do a wide body? Unless you put it on jacks and buy one piece at a time. We replaced my brotheres s2k huge fender in like a couple of hours, so I dont see the nsx taking months.....at least not with my pace.

Seriously get the parts and send them to paint??? You do that with no test fitting and see how happy you are with the results. I had to extend my fenders, cut and reglass the opening for the marker lights, and there are a bunch of smaller things Ive done too.

Im taking mine to Englishtown today, haven't driven it in apprx. 3-4 months. With my work schedule the car sits unfortunatelly. The last time the car had a good workout was for nsxstock. Cold morning here in the north east, my turbo will love that.:biggrin:

Damnit, took the NSX to the gym and got caught in the snow...... oh well :frown:

Seriously get the parts and send them to paint??? You do that with no test fitting and see how happy you are with the results. I had to extend my fenders, cut and reglass the opening for the marker lights, and there are a bunch of smaller things Ive done too.

I was saying you can drive it till you get the parts. Who cares if it takes 2 months to get all them. Drive it till you get the parts. Then yea, maybe resanding and cutting and refiber glassing may take longer. For the nsx wide body its just the fenders right? Theres no molding to previous stuff just bolt on 4 pieces. In my head i can see how u did it, take ur time, patiently. Im just saying for me personally i would wait till i got it all then painting a week and test fiting and stuff 2 weeks. Test fitting my last two car bodykits toik about 6 hrs to do sides front and back. Thats why i assume 3 weeks.

For the nsx wide body its just the fenders right? Theres no molding to previous stuff just bolt on 4 pieces. In my head i can see how u did it, take ur time, patiently. Im just saying for me personally i would wait till i got it all then painting a week and test fiting and stuff 2 weeks. Test fitting my last two car bodykits toik about 6 hrs to do sides front and back. Thats why i assume 3 weeks.

Front bumper, rear bumper, side skirts, front fenders, and rear quarters... 8 pieces... Now I am molding parts of mine, so it is taking longer for me, but depending on quality of the kit, there can be a ton of tweaking to get it perfect. Ive done other body kits much faster, but I want the NSX to be perfect so Im taking my time... and time has been a valuable commodity to me lately :frown:

Weather has been so shi$$y through December. Got a late Nov day that was warm/sunny to scrub them up. Both driven since then, but now under cover just like the dark winter clouds over us. Helps to have them covered in garage so as others have mentioned, "it's a brand new car!" anytime I can rip off a cover and drive! :eek:

Just an unbelievable car - NSX.

Back