• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How many of you guys own bikes?

I own a 2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000. Sold the '99 Kawasaki ZX-9R a couple months ago.

04 Harley Fatboy - Bought with 1400 km on her for a good deal.
98 VTR 1000 - twin like the Harley, lots of torque, too fast for me, nice wheelie machine. - Bought with 30,000 km on her for $5,000.00 - Best used machine I could find like it around at the time - small gas tank though, but good enough around the city.
Trev

Attachments

• vtr01_yel.jpg
    vtr01_yel.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 52
  • TrevHarleyGate.jpg
    TrevHarleyGate.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 63
Hugh said:
I'll buy you a sushi dinner if you can tell me from what song by which band Charlotte is named after.

Madonna - Like a Virgin.

no?

Divinyls - I Touch Myself

perhaps?

Dunno... ya got me. Offtopic 2x - how 'bout this crummy weather???? I was really amp'd about Blondies on A1A Ft. Lauderdale/Las Olas opening back up after a 6 month hiatus. The 2pm to 2am marathon run planned for today called on the account of weather. :frown:

I have a Trizuki ........... or is it a Suziumph? :biggrin:

Actually a Triumph Speed Triple that I just recently completed the front-end graft from an '06 GSXR-1000.

Really fun project - designed the custom parts (Top Triple Clamp, Steering StopLock, Wheel/axle & caliper spacers) myself in 3D CAD and had them fabbed at a friend's CNC shop.

More details here for anyone interested. (You'll see my NSX sneaking in the background of a few of the pics)

I just got new wave rotors yesterday (Thanks Santa!) so that will complete the front-end transformation.

abr.jpg

D'Ecosse said:
nice customization work... thing looks like a rocket!

question: where was the outdoor shoot done? looks to me like sunol / niles east bay area....

ride safe.

hal

I own a bike, about 3 months now and loving it. Will be signing up for a safety course soon.

CBR 900RR. Don't ride it much anymore. Almost lost interest in cars entirely when I first got it almost 10 years ago. Just too much fun. I've settled back into just driving, after seeing the consequences of MC crashes way too many times. Kinda scared the fun of it out of me. Be careful out there if you ride.

Just thought i'd update my sig. A couple months ago I crashed my 03 CBR 600RR. Yesterday I picked up an 06 600RR. Its good to be back on the saddle.
After having 3 more friends go down after I did, my friends and I decided to not do the canyons for a while, and if we do, we're not gonna do any hard canyon carving.

In the last few months, I've purchased a few more turbo hayabusas. Here's the dyno from the most recent acquisition. I'm going to to Goliad TX this fall to do some standing mile runs. Hope to crack into the 260s at the event.

dyno.jpg

busa.jpg

Sad that 2 of the bikes put out more power than the turbo'd NSX :)

In the last few months, I've purchased a few more turbo hayabusas.....

Why do you buy them used :confused: I've been looking at the NEW model coming out :eek: a FEW nice improvements.

Why do you buy them used :confused: I've been looking at the NEW model coming out :eek: a FEW nice improvements.

Thanks for your help. I'm going to run down to my local Suzuki dealership to place my order for my 700+ hp NEW model. :confused: This bike is essentially new....fresh build with an 18 month wait, 0 miles (except for 6 dyno pulls). I really don't care for the aesthetics of the '08's anyway and I think they'll put 170 hp at the wheel if it's lucky. The first turbo busa I built (404 rwhp), I purchased the bike new, had Velocity do the entire build (9 months of down time) and tweaked for about 6 more months to get it right. It's nice for someone else to endure a few headaches.

Best regards,

Ben

Back