• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How many of you will keep your NSX for at least the next 5-7 years?

I had a 77 280z I had for 20 years. It was stored for the 1 year I was stationed in Korea and for the 2 years I was stationed in Germany. I sold it with over 250,000 miles to buy the 5 year old 92 NSX I have had for the past 11 years. This one has over 150,000 miles on it and is my daily driver. It is a whole lot better car than the 280z and a whole lot better looking.

As you can see I am not one to change cars very often. I find something I really like and stick with it. So......5 to 7 more years??.....easy!!!!!!

Umm...to all the 02+ NSX owners - sell sell sell

When the time comes a year or two from now for me to upgrade, I want an 02+ NSX...that can't happen if you all wanny be greedy and keep your car:tongue:

come one now...go F-Car or P-Car...you know you wanna!:biggrin:

Boy, I'll second this sentiment. Going to need a bigger garage, too, though, as I doubt I'll let go of my '96, even though that's not a "favored" year. Either that or find a really nice older red coupe with low miles and fix it up...

I think mine is a keeper for at least the next 5-7 years. I normally keep my cars until it dies. As for being outdated.....to some NSX owners, it may look outdated, but to most people, it still may be timeless.:cool:

Last edited:
I'm letting her go for now and maybe getting back in another one 5 years from now!!:redface: This time a 02 and up, the NSX will always be a car I cherish in my heart!!:smile:

I'm letting her go for now and maybe getting back in another one 5 years from now!!:redface: This time a 02 and up, the NSX will always be a car I cherish in my heart!!:smile:

Good luck Tuan. How's the baby doing?

Anyone? Obviously, it is hard to see into the future, but I don't see a replacement for my car in the near future. However, I am beginning to wonder how we will perceive the car in 5-7 years. Will it still be as modern looking as it is today? Or, will it look a bit outdated 5-7 years from now? Does anyone think the NSX looks outdated today?

I have been driving an NSX since about 1994 and have no plans to get rid of it for anything. Now, I may have other cars in addition to it, but if good fortune smiles on me, I plan to continue NSX ownership for a long time to come. A couple of times I have thought of selling it just because I was just too comfortable driving it, but then realized that is why I like the car. The NSX fits me like a glove. It is never lets me down, looks great, and makes me smile even after about 14 years of driving one. I still look back at it in the parking lot at work or at the store and smile knowing it is mine. It makes me feel like a very lucky guy. I just love this car.

I will keep mine for life. The money I have already invested in the car, and the more $$$ that will be invested in my nsx I will never recoup back. Plus once I get it back from the painter it will be one of a kind here in the states, as far as I know due to the color. Frank

5-7 years is a drop in the bucket, i dont foresee me getting rid of my nsx ever. Sounds kinda weird, but i mean i worked most my life to get to the point to buy mine, why get rid of it.

Just thought of something to add to this thread.

There will always be a faster car. But there will never be another NSX.

(unless of course Honda decides to make one, instead of the front engined sports car they seem to have their sights set on, but so far it doesnt look its going to happen)

I have been driving an NSX since about 1994 and have no plans to get rid of it for anything. Now, I may have other cars in addition to it, but if good fortune smiles on me, I plan to continue NSX ownership for a long time to come. A couple of times I have thought of selling it just because I was just too comfortable driving it, but then realized that is why I like the car. The NSX fits me like a glove. It is never lets me down, looks great, and makes me smile even after about 14 years of driving one. I still look back at it in the parking lot at work or at the store and smile knowing it is mine. It makes me feel like a very lucky guy. I just love this car.
No, no, no, Mitch! In your case, the question you need to answer is, "How many of you will keep both your NSXs for at least the next 5-7 years?" :biggrin:

Lets see, just paid for turbo system. Just bought sorcery wide ass end and side skirts, Just installed airsuspension and leather recaro pole positions...I might just keep it awhile...........:wink:

I will keep mine for life. The money I have already invested in the car, and the more $$$ that will be invested in my nsx I will never recoup back. Plus once I get it back from the painter it will be one of a kind here in the states, as far as I know due to the color. Frank

What unique color are you painting your NSX?

Tell me your going the LIME GREEN color?!?! I'd love to have this color as I think its kinda nice. Imola Orange is still my favorite though...

Going with the Platinum White Pearl (NH609P), supposedly Japan only color. Funny thing is my painter put it in the color matching computer and the formula quickly.:biggrin: Car is at the strippers as we speak, i will try to post pictures as this transformation goes on. Frank

^^^
Oh man, I bet that is going to be a stunner. That is my favorite color in the pics.

Per the original question - I am at about 6 years and counting. Can't see an end in sight.

I beleive I have had the car 9-10 years. First, drive I did was the Bazai run, hosted by Charley Yeh, and Davis Acura, so if any of the northeast guys want to chime in and refresh my memory when this was, Miled.:wink: Every time I drive this car, it's amazing. Had some faster cars in the past and I wouldn't trade this for anything. Frank

No, no, no, Mitch! In your case, the question you need to answer is, "How many of you will keep both your NSXs for at least the next 5-7 years?" :biggrin:

HAHA!! True, true. If I have it my way, I would like to actually add a couple more and ultimately end up with at least 4 of them. I still need to get a Zanardi NSX, and a Sebring Silver / Ivory to add to the collection. I like the rare ones, and missed buying the mysterious '93 Brooklands Green / Tan NSX from Comptech after someone else called less than an hour before I did and bought it. I called and called after that to make sure the deal went through, and never heard back, so I assume it did. I wonder where that car is now?

HAHA!! True, true. If I have it my way, I would like to actually add a couple more and ultimately end up with at least 4 of them. I still need to get a Zanardi NSX, and a Sebring Silver / Ivory to add to the collection. I like the rare ones, and missed buying the mysterious '93 Brooklands Green / Tan NSX from Comptech after someone else called less than an hour before I did and bought it. I called and called after that to make sure the deal went through, and never heard back, so I assume it did. I wonder where that car is now?

I'm with you, I'm looking to track down something ultra-rare to put in the stable:biggrin:

I'm with you, I'm looking to track down something ultra-rare to put in the stable:biggrin:

I would really like to find out where that '93 Brooklands Green / Tan is now. I was so disappointed to not have the opportunity to buy it. I walked around the house for about 2 weeks just ticked off I had not called a little earlier. :frown:

Back