• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How much did you spend on your NSX this year?

wildrice said:
I sold it and bought a 2003 Z06 and pocketed the difference (about $20,000).

Probably the Z06 will get a big hit with the C6 coming at 46k, 400ps/400tq. Since you are investment sensitive, maybe it is time to sell before the C6 release? ;)

Jin1976 said:
NO TKTS,

I've read that you have Tein-RE on your car. I'm getting one also myself. How is the ride?

I have had limited driving time (the car is still in Phoenix) but the ride is much stiffer without being uncomfortable and I am very happy with the stance of the car. I cannot comment on the understeer/oversteer issue mentioned in previous TEIN threads.

gheba,

Assuming that your information is correct, which is doubtful, I still think a 50th anniversity, Torch Red/Black Z06 with 405 HP and 400 lb ft of torque will hold it value against the new C6. I purchased my 2003 Z06 at 22% less than original sticker which gives me some price insulation. That coupled with the fact that all new cars depreciation heavily the first year should give me added price protection. I also believe that the performance data on the C6 vs Z06 (2002 and >) will be inferior in all respects. And, by the way, the projected base price is $47,000 so you can expect coupes to sell in the low $50's, convertibles in the mid to high $50's and the new Z06 around $60k. The new C6 is also slower to 0-60 and in the quarter mile and weighs 130 lb more than the current Z06. Seeing that a current model Z06 can be had for around $40,000 I don't expect much of a negative price effect from the new C6 and if there is I expect it to be nominal.

I purchase cars for driving enjoyment and thoroughly enjoyed driving the NSX and thoroughly enjoy driving the Z06. Much different driving experiences with each car excelling in its own paricular areas. I will say that I was disappointed at the price drop that my NSX took over the two years that I owned it. Not the worse depreciation that I have experienced in my car ownership but in the top three.

Last edited:
seats REV Fiberglass: 2 x 450$ = 900$
Belts: 2 x 300$ = 600$
Bar with red Painting: 70$
Rails Taitec ordered at scienceofspeed: 2 x 220$ = 440$
Shipping costs: 250$ ;(
car mecanic works total: 1200$
momo steering wheel: 250$
gearing shift: 50$
new carpets red: 50$

polish-work and spoiler painting: 700$
maintenance including new battery and timing belt: 1500$

net amount: 6'000$

fuel, insurance, and so on: 2000$

TOTAL Gross: 8'000$ :(

Ugh, I don't have an exact amount but this is the first year I've actually ended up spending a lot of money on the NSX both for maintenance and for mods. In canadian dollars, probably about $18-20k. Replaced worn clutch, brake pads/rotors, 60k maintenance, water pump+timing belt, trunk struts etc. For mods the big ones were 17/18" Volk LE37T's plus new tires, DC Headers, Tubi exhaust, Eibach Springs plus a bunch of assorted smaller items like Dali cup holder, caliper paint, harness belt pads, etc. All money well spent :D I'm ecstatic with the new wheels + lowered look and I'm really looking forward to getting the headers/exhaust on in the spring. Other stuff to look forward to next year include a Boomerang2 tracking system and complete replacement of stereo+speakers. If the stock market does well, maybe a supercharger is in the wings too :D

wildrice said:
I sold it and bought a 2003 Z06 and pocketed the difference (about $20,000). Took the difference and invested in GAS and am earning a dividend of about 5.5%. My insurance cost on the Z06 is about $350.00 less per year. So I am saving money and smiling every time I drive the Z06 without the chronic back pain caused by the NSX seats.

Boring. I see as many C5's as I do Cavaliers on the road. If all you wanted was a fast car, you should have got a SLP Firehawk and saved even more.

How easily we let someone hyjack a thread,lol.And how seriously we defend our great seats!Back to topic,03 saw the bee get 02 body parts and a valve adjustment and routine stuff probably ~5-6k.

1991 NSX (black/ivory)

Approx: $15,000 in maintenance and engine related repairs

1994 NSX (white/black)

Approx: $200 on and oil change and new wiper arms/blades

(*Did not drive this one very much.)

gheba_nsx said:
Meeyatch, can you please share with us what needed 15k in repaoir engine-wise?:eek:

Yes, the total for just engine repairs was $10,143.91 to fix just the bottom end. The remaining $5,000 was for other stuff previous to that throughout the year. The Acura dealer here 2 YEARS AGO messed up on diagnosing a strange ticking sound that I was hearing. They said it was normal, and needed a valve adjustment. Seeing as how I was near the mileage I did that, but was still very skeptical about it. After the service the sound was still there, just a tad quieter. They said it was 'normal' eventhough I went a borrowed ANOTHER NSX (automatic) that did not have the sound. Long story short, come to find out that the sound I had been hearing was some bearings that were faulty and if replaced when I heard them originally would have left me with a repair bill around $800 instead of over $10,000. I was very upset and will never go there again in my life. I actually had the car repaired someplace else because the Acura dealer that screwed me over was quoting me over $30,000 for a whole new motor!! ARGH!! :mad:

(*I will try and scan the invoice for my repairs. The scanner is acting up right now.)

...by the way, I did not let that engine thing dim my view of NSX's. I still feel they are bulletproof reliable, and my problem was just a fluke. Heck, I have another NSX and plan to get a third sometime. I love this car! :D

...I scanned in the invoices for my rebuild...anyone know how to shrink down the size so I can post them?

About $10,000. This includes depreciation, insurance, registration,... There were no unscheduled repairs and I already amortized the maintenance costs in previous years but I did buy new wheels and tires. Oh yeah, and a bunch of tools. :)

Back