• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HSC=Next NSX?

Originally posted by NeoNSX
Honda has announced a special edition : FURRY HSC...
Heheheh... with special hood ornament.;) :D :D :D :D
attachment.php
441.gif
434.gif

Okay, this wasn't even hard enough to require me to get around to installing photoshop. I used mspaint.

Here are the five things I changed, indicated by white arrows: 1) Removed upper side intake; 2) Wrapped rear window around to the side a bit; 3) Simplified hood; 4) Removed big side mirrors; and 5) changed middle of nose somewhat.

It's obviously not an exact match, and I probably should have changed the front pillars too, but it's awfully close, given how many things I didn't change.

Attachments

• enzo2a.jpg
    enzo2a.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 3,558
Originally posted by Aiken Drum
Okay, this wasn't even hard enough to require me to get around to installing photoshop. I used mspaint.

Here are the five things I changed, indicated by white arrows: 1) Removed upper side intake; 2) Wrapped rear window around to the side a bit; 3) Simplified hood; 4) Removed big side mirrors; and 5) changed middle of nose somewhat.

It's obviously not an exact match, and I probably should have changed the front pillars too, but it's awfully close, given how many things I didn't change.

attachment.php
90.gif
186.gif

Unbelievable!!! :eek::eek::eek: The HSC looks simply amazing!!! Now that you pointed it out, the HSC really does mirror an Enzo. I like it! Since I'll probably never be able to afford an Enzo... I guess this is the next best thing! Only thing I have a complaint about is the sides of the car look a little bland. Could use bigger scoops behind the doors, as on our cars now. Other than that, good job Honda! :)

Aiken Drum said:
I can't believe nobody else seems to think that everything from the steering wheel back is ugly.

Give me a straight-up B-pillar please, none of this swishy stuff, I don't care if you want it to look like an Enzo, it looks ugly on an Enzo too.

Oh, and if I wanted the ass-end of a Corvette, I'd buy a Corvette, and likely for half the price and better performance.

I mean, really, can't anyone at Honda design an original second-gen NSX? This thing is totally and utterly derivative of an Enzo, an NSX, and a Corvette, and not very much of the NSX I might add. There must not have been any cars they liked the side view of, because the doors are generically bland.

Oh well, at least when they copied the Enzo part they were aiming high instead of low.

I agree with you Aiken Drum.

I am sorry to say that this is disapointing and if this car will be the next NSX, Honda missed the point.

Not because this isn't a nice car BUT this design cannot be considered as an evolution of original design and IMO the first gen NSX looks way better, way sexier. In fact the first look was so much right that it was IMO at the same level as a Lamborghini Diablo.

IMO Honda shouldn't abandon side to side rear light and reflectors with the integrated spoiler.

Geez! It was the best looking rear in the entire car industry!

The side scoop are ridiculously small and unsignificant.

Wow! Do they want us thinking that there is a HUGE 1,6L engine in the back? Darn impressive.

OK it is better than phony ones like those of a Mustang! :D

For sure it is always better to judge after seing the real thing...

But actually I'm not impressed at all and this car isn't as appealing as the first NSX...by far.

Honda as traded a timeless, inspired, soul impregnated and true exotic design for a modern techno-dull copy of the unelegant Ferrari Enzo à la sauce Pagani Zonda and Corvette's butt ugly butt.

Sorry.

To each is own...

Last edited:
Carbon??? In tha case over 100k$ is a must...

And mayebe only 3 liter engine...

According to AutoExpress/Evo Magazine the HSC uses carbon fibre for a lot of it's bodywork to save weight; this is a formula for a very light weight sports car. Best of all, if the article is to be believed, the price of the next-gen NSX will remain the same.

Here is a snippet;

"With Enzo looks, carbon bodyshell and gullwing doors, you would expect this supercar to wear a Ferrari badge. But in fact, this is the Honda Sports Concept (HSC) - and it's tipped to become the all-new NSX. What's more, just like the Italian stunner, it will cause a real stir with cutting-edge technology.

The current NSX has been on sale since 1991, and its all-alloy construction and no-compromise chassis created a vehicle capable of worrying traditional supercar brands. Honda aims to do the same with this model, using carbon-fibre panels similar to those on the likes of the Enzo and Porsche Carrera GT.

It has the looks to match them, too; the headlamps resemble the existing NSX, but otherwise the styling is all-new. The sharp edges and flat sides aren't only for effect, though, as the HSC's aerodynamics have been tuned to give greater downforce at speed without the need for big external spoilers. At the rear, the LED tail-lights have a holographic 3D effect and a glass screen exposes the mid-mounted engine. Unlike the Enzo, the Honda makes do with a revamped 3.0-litre V6 rather than a V12, but it now produces 300bhp and is mated to a six-speed sequential gearbox. The interior, accessed via scissor-action doors, uses blue carbon fibre and a minimalist 'skeletal' dash structure, while the gearlever is replaced by a paddleshifter. Yet despite the technology, Honda insists that the new NSX will be no more expensive than the old car when it arrives in 2005. "

From www.autoexpress.co.uk

Re: Carbon??? In tha case over 100k$ is a must...

gheba_nsx said:

Unlike the Enzo, the Honda makes do with a revamped 3.0-litre V6 rather than a V12, but it now produces 300bhp and is mated to a six-speed sequential gearbox.

[/i]

WHY WHY WHY would honda only give this car a 3.0L V6 with only 300HP... that would be FREAKING stupid. I guess everyone buying this car better save up extra money for the comptech SC for this new car -- just so we can keep up with a base model 2005 vette.:mad:

Re: Re: Carbon??? In tha case over 100k$ is a must...

NetViper said:
WHY WHY WHY would honda only give this car a 3.0L V6 with only 300HP... that would be FREAKING stupid. I guess everyone buying this car better save up extra money for the comptech SC for this new car -- just so we can keep up with a base model 2005 vette.:mad:

if the original NSX with 3.0L has 280hp, I don't think the new 3.5L would only have 300hp. You can do the math with hp/liter. Given the technology advance in the 12 years since that old motor, I'm sure the hp/liter ratio has even gone up. I think the motor will produce somewhere between 350hp to 380hp. Also, look at the new interior pic, it looks like carbon fiber chassis to me. I'd say if the car has the lower end of the expected hp range, say 350hp, but weight only 2500lbs, it will kick some serious ass!

Aiken Drum said:

Yeah, there's no denying that it's highly derivative of the Enzo, but the HSC looks much more refined and elegant (Corvette ass-end notwithstanding). The Enzo looks rather cartoonish in pictures, and even more unattractive in person with no rear overhang and nose that is at least 18in long.

While I'm kind of unsure about the back end...for the life of me I sure can't see where it resembles any Corvette I've ever seen.

:rolleyes:

-J

Me neither. :confused:

I can't think of any car with a similar rear, with the possible exception the Elise-based Opel Speedster... But that's a stretch.

There is nothing noted as to the size of the engine yet. It could be 3.5 or larger.

Looking at the picture, the engine cover looks rather large. In fact, the look of the cover indicates a super charger to me.

I would say over 400hp, over 350 Ft Lbs of torque with weight of under 3000 Lbs.

Look at Honda's history. My S2000 kicks even the Boxter S' but, and the old NSX was good compitition for all others in its day; and not even bad by todays standards. Look for the next generation to be up there with the best or Honda has a failure.

I havent seen Honda fail in the market place, so I doubt they would fail with the NSX. :) :) :)

After all these pictures, this concept seems to stray much from the old Nsx design-wise. The back is very corvette-ish and the side is un-nsxlike. I am not saying its bad cuz I think the car is hot.

Now looking at this versus the current Nsx, I think our cars are timeless. Our rear is unlike anything out there. I wish they had kept that part because that is what most people find the most characteristic of the current Nsx. And if this car has the performance #s, the rear is what most people will ben seeing anyways.:D

So, we'll be getting an Enzo look-alike super car for less than 1/6th the price...works for me :D

That rear-end is a bit weird tho.

Sloopy said:
There is nothing noted as to the size of the engine yet. It could be 3.5 or larger.

Looking at the picture, the engine cover looks rather large. In fact, the look of the cover indicates a super charger to me.

I would say over 400hp, over 350 Ft Lbs of torque with weight of under 3000 Lbs.

Look at Honda's history. My S2000 kicks even the Boxter S' but, and the old NSX was good compitition for all others in its day; and not even bad by todays standards. Look for the next generation to be up there with the best or Honda has a failure.

I havent seen Honda fail in the market place, so I doubt they would fail with the NSX. :) :) :)

In one of the Japanese articles, it did mentioned the engine is a 3.5L based on an existing Honda engine. My guess it's a NA2 stroked to 3.5L. Since the bore is probably at the limit. Or maybe it has some Mugen JGTC motor technologies in it. One can only hope.

Back