• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I am now the adult.

Very sorry to hear the sad news Miner - its never easy, regardless of age. I lost my Dad many years ago when he was only 57 - he was a "car guy" too, and I have the memories of washing cars together and going to the auto shows to see all of the latest and newest cars. It was crushing when he passed away, all too early.

As others have said, I wasn't sure how to understand and cope with this loss - lots of feelings and hurt - but this is for sure, time is the great healer.

I still think about him, sometimes a lot - and share a tear or two with some of the memories. And always miss him - but I now find that I'm happier with the good memories, and less sad when I think about him.

No easy way to handle it - Bless your Dad and your entire family. Peace. Jay

Miner- the way you articulated the memorable times & moments w/ your father resonates w/ me. I wish you & your family lots of peace & prayers!

Osiris stated it better than I can. Best wishes to your family and may your father rest in peace.

I'm very sorry for your loss. Having lost my father almost 20 years ago, I have an inkling of what you're going through. I miss by dad every day but also get to enjoy the great memories every day. My father lives on in my heart as I'm sure yours will too.

I also want to say sorry for you loss and I really like what you and others have posted here. My father is my hero and my days with him on the earth are drawing to conclusion. Not a day goes by that I don't worry about this, but like you I am very grateful for the memories and the sacrifices he made for me

May your father rest in peace ...

I want to thank everybody who replied, both publicly and privately. The kind words and thoughts help thru the process.
In the 10 years I've been on prime, I've celebrated weddings and births, mourned the loss of members and members families. Prime is a virtual family spread across the world; we share part of ourselves, we help out to the best of our ability and for that I am greatful.
Mark

Miner, I understand the sadness you and your family are living with now that your dad is on the other side and you don't see him. It's a shock at first isn't it? (I lost my mom in 2000 and my dad in 2007).

Please understand, my intention here isn't to annoy or offend anyone but I do want to share my beliefs about this, just in case it might ease your mind.

I believe that your dad is a spirit/soul who is just fine, and can hear your thoughts, knows your love, and is with your family. You can talk to him, still. Tell him what you want him to know. He'll hear you.

He'll also greet you when you pass over to the other side, just as other souls were there to greet him, when he passed over. Your love for him and his for you, will never die. Just the body, the shell our spirit inhabits for a while, dies. I found peace and what I believe were replies in my head, from my mom and dad, when I talked to them. I still do.

My condolences on your loss.

Best Wishes to you and your family.

Minor,
Your thread title is such a simple sentence that carries with it so much meaning. I think it is a very poignant way of sharing with the NSX community.

I lost my mother a few years ago and found that I had to remind myself that it was okay to grieve. Though she had Alzheimer's and didn't know who I was at that point it was still a large loss in my life. I appreciated all the messages I received from fellow Primers at that time and was amazed at them at the same time. This is a wonderful community.

I hope that you allow yourself time to be sad, to miss him and that it is okay to do that. In time, hopefully you can find some solace in the good memories you have of him and the wonderful lessions he must have taught you (I say that because of what you have written) that you will be able to share with your children. We will think good thoughts for you and your family.

EAC,
Sometimes one loss brings up other losses or unfinished business in our lives. It sounds like your are doing what you need to do to work through your grief. I wish you the best with that and hope that things do become easier for you.

Carla

Miner, I am so sorry for your loss. You are your Dad's legacy just as your daughter is your legacy. That is His life's biggest success. I've found very recently that it is our purpose in life to carry on the work of those loved ones who have gone before us. That is how we honor them. And that is how we move on knowing that they are always there in the memories and lessons that we pass on to the next generation. You and I both know that time heals and it just takes time. I know it hurts and you and your family are in my prayers.

Ed

Sorry for your loss and may he rest in peace. Hang in there, it will start to get better as time goes by.

I lost my father just about two years ago. I understand your loss. It helps me to celebrate my father. I tell people about him. I just talk about him to others. What he enjoyed, what he taught me, what he was really good at. It makes me feel better about him being gone. He is apart of me in so many ways and when difficult decisions are to be made, I ask, what would Dad do?
Your father will always be part of you. Celebrate him.

Back