• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I drive my NSX....work or play...rain or shine...dry or FLOOD!!!

Veleno said:
Cool Pic! If that was my NSX in there I think 1/4 of my car might be submerged.

How did you take the picture, did you stop, get out (shoes get soaked), walk to the front side and snap away? I'd rather stay in the car and be dry but better you than me :D

Yes...I got out of the car and got wet. Oh well....it is all in the name of fun. Here is another angle...enjoy!! :D

Attachments

• nsx walks on water.jpg
    nsx walks on water.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 993
Ojas said:
It looks like you posted a few pictures in the gallery. I like this one.

Yep....they resized nicely in there. Here is one more....

Attachments

• nsx in flood side shot.jpg
    nsx in flood side shot.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 971
Ojas...here is the one you like...

Attachments

• nsx in flood rr quarter.jpg
    nsx in flood rr quarter.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 961
...is it a shark, or an NSX?? You can decide which it is... :D

Attachments

• nsx in flood front view.jpg
    nsx in flood front view.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 954
dippy9 said:
Looks like you live in Venice!! Great photos man now all you need is a video of you passing some boats.

I have one of me in the mud...does that come close enough?? ;) :D

Re: Re: Flooding

Meeyatch1 said:
Wow...touched a nerve, eh?

1.) I do not know why you are wigging out. It is my car, and I can do as I wish with it. Maybe I will find a third rate road now that you mentioned it. ;)

2.) I am not planning to ever sell the car, so whoopty freaking do.

3.) Calm down and look at the picture again....I am barely in very deep water at all. It is like a big water puddle. It is not like I drove it into a pool to see if it could float.

In other words, get a grip my friend. While you may not use your car like that, I do, and I am fine with that. It causes no harm at all and I have fun. So sit back and relax....life is too short to be that worked up about something so trivial. Peace, love, and NSX. ;)

Yes it is your car, and you can do whatever you want with it . I have been around long enough to see a lot of strange things, so it is no bother to me. If you think that taking a picture of your exotic sports car in "big water puddle" is cool original, inventive, or smart then that's fine. After all this is why most people buy exotics in the first place right?. :cool: It is sooo cool.
I was under impression that there is a reason why there are so many different categories of automobiles. Some are for rain, snow, mud, gravel roads, we call them SUVs. Some are for taking your kids to the church, soccer practice, shopping, or road trips with the family, they are called Mini vans. And then there are exotic sports cars which are designed for driving on smooth rads preferably with curves, hopefully above 100 mph. :D So when I see one sitting in a puddle of water and there is a guy taking picture of it I can't help but think: what a waste. I myself from time to time, like to play in the rain and mud, but this is why I have purchased another car that was designed for that type of activity (hint: SUV). :D

Re: Re: Re: Flooding

saxonsaxon said:
Yes it is your car, and you can do whatever you want with it . I have been around long enough to see a lot of strange things, so it is no bother to me. If you think that taking a picture of your exotic sports car in "big water puddle" is cool original, inventive, or smart then that's fine. After all this is why most people buy exotics in the first place right?. :cool: It is sooo cool.
I was under impression that there is a reason why there are so many different categories of automobiles. Some are for rain, snow, mud, gravel roads, we call them SUVs. Some are for taking your kids to the church, soccer practice, shopping, or road trips with the family, they are called Mini vans. And then there are exotic sports cars which are designed for driving on smooth rads preferably with curves, hopefully above 100 mph. :D So when I see one sitting in a puddle of water and there is a guy taking picture of it I can't help but think: what a waste. I myself from time to time, like to play in the rain and mud, but this is why I have purchased another car that was designed for that type of activity (hint: SUV). :D

While I completely enjoy people speaking and explaining things to me like I am four years old, I will have to say I enjoy being the way I am. I promised myself that I would never be the typical stuffy, high strung, exotic car owner. We call them snobs. Instead I figured I would live my life, drive my cars, and have a darn good time doing it regardless of what others thought. We call that having fun. :)

Anyway, it is all well and good that most people with this car would never do the things I do, and I understand that. But it really does make me sad when I go to events with lots of NSX's and all I see are people too afraid to drive their cars hard at all. An example being a recent NSXCA event that I attended where 25 NSX's showed up, only about 4 of them actually ran the autocross course with any sort of speed at all. The rest just kind of cruised, or sat parked. Why miss the opportunity to safely test out the supercar you bought?? We call that a waste. ;)

Like I said before....different strokes for different folks. People may not understand why I drive mine so much, and I do not understand why they let their cars sit so much. That wonderful difference is what makes the world go around. :D

(*By the way...yes, I think my photos are pretty cool, inventive, and original. I mean...how many others have you seen like that?? From the other replies on this thread, I think lots of other people like them as well. ;) )

4477NSX_and_I_in_water-med.jpg

Meeyatch1 said:

Great Pic! Pimp pants, and the fact that I am kinda partial to the car too doesn't hurt.

Meeyatch1, the turnouts at the SoCal auto-x's are over the top, we all enjoy the car as much as you, enyoy!

Meeyatch1 said:
They were not too bad...lots of them around now, but not the worst I have seen.

Here is another picture.... :)

Very nice picture Meeyatch1, i have a white X too but yours even look better. Where did you get your front canbon fiber lip?? SOS?

EK4 hatchback said:
Very nice picture Meeyatch1, i have a white X too but yours even look better. Where did you get your front canbon fiber lip?? SOS?

Yes, it is the Science of Speed unit. You have to drill your own holes in it, but it is a pretty easy install and makes the car look SOOO much better when lowered. :)

Why am I not shocked that you don't have shoes on!?!

When Meeeyatch worked at the Tirerack, he was the only barefoot one here :D ;) :D

AaronR said:
Why am I not shocked that you don't have shoes on!?!

When Meeeyatch worked at the Tirerack, he was the only barefoot one here :D ;) :D

LOL!! Yeah...I like being barefoot. It keeps me more in touch with nature and my cars. :)

My NSX story regarding rain is:
one nice sunny day in Seattle, I decided to leave my t-top at home (I removed the t-top holder for show purposes). Only on my way back from the trip the predictable SEATTLE weather turns against the NSX me and start to pour. My Ex-GF and I were helplessly sitting in traffic trying to look like we were COOL...hahaha yeah, cool from the rain water. Luckily the predictable SEATTLE weather pour less and less... so we didn't have to swim in an NSX bathbub at the end. I still drive in the rain all the time (with top on)hahaha.
DID YOU KNOW?
that with the T-top off, light shower can't get in the car if you travel 55MPH+. I tried it....;)
So the story above wouldn't have been fun if the traffic was faster than 55MPH

cheers,

I had to drive my work P.O.S. through the beginning of a flood today actually! The Fox River in Wis. (Western edge of the Oshkosh area) is going to crest Sat. night. The Fox River is one of I believe 3 rivers in North America to flow north! It goes from SW of Oshkosh into Lake Winnebago up to Green Bay and into Lake Michigan.

Yesterday about 110 homes were already flooded in Berlin and Omro.

It is due to pics like this as to why I am below average mileage for the year in the NSX :mad:

Attachments

• jun18285.jpg
    jun18285.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 770
cool pictures Meeyatch1 thanks for posting

btw, what kinda rims are those? their nice, a bit agressive (black rims just look mean) but also clean (in design).

Given the NSXs propensity to hydroplane, I admire your guts :) I would have felt much safer in my AWD 996 Turbo on that day (or better yet, the wife's suv)

Z18 said:
Given the NSXs propensity to hydroplane, I admire your guts :) I would have felt much safer in my AWD 996 Turbo on that day (or better yet, the wife's suv)

hydroplaning is more dependant on the tires than anything else. AWD is traction for acceleration, it does not offer more grip under any other circumstance.

96GoldNSX said:
My NSX story regarding rain is:
one nice sunny day in Seattle, I decided to leave my t-top at home (I removed the t-top holder for show purposes). Only on my way back from the trip the predictable SEATTLE weather turns against the NSX me and start to pour. My Ex-GF and I were helplessly sitting in traffic trying to look like we were COOL...hahaha yeah, cool from the rain water. Luckily the predictable SEATTLE weather pour less and less... so we didn't have to swim in an NSX bathbub at the end. I still drive in the rain all the time (with top on)hahaha.
DID YOU KNOW?
that with the T-top off, light shower can't get in the car if you travel 55MPH+. I tried it....;)
So the story above wouldn't have been fun if the traffic was faster than 55MPH

cheers,

HAHAHA!!! That is awesome!! Something similar happened to me in my S2000 about a month ago. The look on peoples faces when you are passing them on the highway in the rain with your top down is priceless!! :D

okie said:
cool pictures Meeyatch1 thanks for posting

btw, what kinda rims are those? their nice, a bit agressive (black rims just look mean) but also clean (in design).

Thanks for the compliments. They are Prodrive GC-06D wheels in 17 inch front and 18 inch rear. I like them because they make my car look a little more mean. :)

Back