• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I drive my NSX....work or play...rain or shine...dry or FLOOD!!!

Z18 said:
Given the NSXs propensity to hydroplane, I admire your guts :) I would have felt much safer in my AWD 996 Turbo on that day (or better yet, the wife's suv)

Very true. I have had better luck sailing through the rain in the 993 Carrera 4 Cab. I did have one slight mishap in the snow though. Hehehe....whoops. :D

okie said:
hydroplaning is more dependant on the tires than anything else. AWD is traction for acceleration, it does not offer more grip under any other circumstance.

Heh, that's pretty funny. Weight, weight distribution, center of gravity, tire tread, etc. are all issues as to when a car will hydroplane and under what circumstances.

Then, when a tire does lose traction, assuming the other 3 haven't as well, AWD is quite handy.

Maybe you should spend some time in the rain, say on the autobahn, and watch how heavier cars and cars with awd rip on by while lighter, non-awd cars have to decrease speed lest they hydroplane right off the street.

Yes, AWD is for traction, and hydroplaning is losing traction.

*boggle*

Re: We are just Concerned!!

NSX 207 said:
Mitch, You know we just do not want This to happen to your NSX, :eek: oh, I almost forgot, and you ;) :cool:

Thank you. I do not want that either. :)

T Bell said:
I just added 104+ octane boost to the John Deere. I am now in the process of duct taping the hood down! :D

Sweet!! Could you bring an extra roll?? I think I am out of duct tape. Oh...and pick up some of those mudflaps that say 'Back Off' on them. I left mine back at the hunting lodge. LOL!! :D

....so, I am all in favor of talking about the NSX again. Who is with me?? :D

Where is the Forum NAZI?

I agree with Meeyatch1 and was under the impression that discussion’s should stay on the topic? I personally thought the picture of Meeyatch’s NSX in the water were entertaining! I can’t ever remember seeing that before. I’m positive the rainstorm I was recently caught up in did way more damage to my NSX then simply placing one in a puddle. After reading this entire thread I got the best laugh out of hlweyls corrections of saxonsaxon’s miss-spelled words. Maybe he should of paid better attention to his third grade teacher.

Anyway, I enjoy looking at pictures of any NSX regardless of where it’s parked, how it’s parked or what it’s parked on!

I just logged about 250 miles tonight and loved every minute of it...this car is great!! :)

I just logged over 3500 miles last week and also loved every minute! Well, maybe not the Monsoon like rainstorm in N Y.

...so, back on topic now. Anyone have something NSX related to share?? :D

Z18 said:
Heh, that's pretty funny. Weight, weight distribution, center of gravity, tire tread, etc. are all issues as to when a car will hydroplane and under what circumstances.

Then, when a tire does lose traction, assuming the other 3 haven't as well, AWD is quite handy.

Maybe you should spend some time in the rain, say on the autobahn, and watch how heavier cars and cars with awd rip on by while lighter, non-awd cars have to decrease speed lest they hydroplane right off the street.

Yes, AWD is for traction, and hydroplaning is losing traction.

*boggle*

not quite sure what you are saying...like i stated, hydroplaning is most dependant on tires, if an 18-wheeler had slicks on it wouldnt ever make it to highway speeds in the rain.

yes when a tire loses traction, awd can help if your still accelerating, but if 1 tire is at the limit of hydroplaning the others will be close (unless that tire has different forces, variables effecting it)

as to my quote i was refering to yours:
"Given the NSXs propensity to hydroplane, I admire your guts I would have felt much safer in my AWD 996 Turbo on that day (or better yet, the wife's suv)"

your 996 wouldnt automatically be a better choice in the rain, the AWD would not have anything to do with hydroplaning. so your 'feeling safer' is in the mind.

myf16 said:
Check out the avatar. Others on this group drive made even bigger splashes. Water was approximately 2 to 3 inches deep.

LOL!! Nice!! I like it. :D

FramerJohn said:
My car is a garage queen. I think its great that you guys can take your car anywhere and enjoy it and have fun. I'm jealous:rolleyes:

Hello there!! As long as you enjoy your car and respect others for how we enjoy ours, then that is all I ask. Have a great day!! :)

okie said:
not quite sure what you are saying...like i stated, hydroplaning is most dependant on tires, if an 18-wheeler had slicks on it wouldnt ever make it to highway speeds in the rain.

yes when a tire loses traction, awd can help if your still accelerating, but if 1 tire is at the limit of hydroplaning the others will be close (unless that tire has different forces, variables effecting it)

as to my quote i was refering to yours:
"Given the NSXs propensity to hydroplane, I admire your guts I would have felt much safer in my AWD 996 Turbo on that day (or better yet, the wife's suv)"

your 996 wouldnt automatically be a better choice in the rain, the AWD would not have anything to do with hydroplaning. so your 'feeling safer' is in the mind.

You said what I said: unless all conditions are the same on all for wheels, awd helps (assuming you are accelerating).

So yeah, on this imaginary road where the water level is constant and your speed is constant, you're pretty screwed and awd doesn't doing anything.

That's not reality though, and awd definitely helps in slippery environments, as do the right tires, the weight of a car, etc.

Just had a discussion tonight with a couple of friends over some dinner and drinks, and they asked why I have an Integra GSR and S2000 that I never drive, and an NSX that I drive all the time. My simple answer to them:

'If you walked out into the garage every day and tried to decide what to drive, and an NSX was staring at you, why the hell would you drive the Integra?' :)

This explained a lot to them....but one person was still shocked. I figure I could die tomorrow, so why not drive the NSX now? :D

For those of you who don't know meeeeyatch personally, he does indeed have a few garage queens, just not his nsx's.

He has this Integra garage queen that would make a great winter car for me :D just kidding :D

My Dad just got his '91 NSX about 3 weeks ago, and I think I'm speaking for both of us when I say this, his NSX just brightens both of our days big-time. It's a smooth, fast, exciting ride, and we get a few laughs out of the ride when people give us these weird stares and looks. :D

I never thought I'd love a car so much, but the NSX has just dominated my Dad's previous 4 Porsche's, a Nissan 300ZX, and an IROC Z-28. (His Jeep shouldn't even be mentioned in this list ;) :rolleyes: ). I love that car so much (probably more than he does), and that would be my dream car when I get old enough to afford one of those (besides a '56 Porsche 356B).

Oh and Meeyatch, thanks for your advice toward's my Dad's NSX.

:)

-Mitch

Back