• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I got a pen mark on my ivory passenger seat!!!

Today I got in my car and noticed a pen mark on my ivory passenger seat! :frown: Im not sure how it happened but all i can do is remove it. I used goof off but it only helped a lil! Any suggestions....

Ahhhhh man. That stinks. Try Lexol. They make a Citrus cleaner, and a protectant. Use the cleaner first to try to wipe it off, then use the protectant afterwards like you'd use armor all.

lift the link, don't rub it in...

I've found spray-on/cream leather cleaners to perform insufficiently when it came to the removal of certain contaminants/blemishes from leather seating surfaces (ie. gel/ballpoint pen marks, lipstick, nail-polish, rubber-scuffs, tar/asphault marks, etc').

Rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) works well in removing ink from fabrics/leather.

Also, try an ink/lipstick remover for leather, it's a wax-like pen 'stick'. It's readily available just about everywhere (in-store, specialty shoppes, online, etc')!

try a "magic eraser" by Mr. Clean (found in just about any grocery store for under $5). I have a 2 year old and a 5 year old and have been using it for years. I have yet to find a surface that it cannot get pen/crayon/marker off of, including our almond leather sofas... :wink:

Thank you everyone for your help! Osiris! I used your tip! Just went outside and got a terry cloth and a bottle of alcohol, rubbed it, and it came off pretty damn good! Hardly can see it now! Thanks for the help again! Shifty bob! I'll keep that in mind and pick up that majic eraser when i go to the store! I've seen it advertised on T.V. but forgot about that one, Thanks! Everyone, thanks for the help again! :smile:

In the old days they used Hair Spray for ink removal, I guess the alcohol is the main ingredient.

Shifty Bob, I have almond leather couches from Mor furniture and they have tried to remove some pen marks...I'll try your tip. Thanks.:smile:

Back