• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I like this look for a new NSX

Saw this in the Dupont Registry's guide to 2005 autos, The SSC Aero. By the way, the magazine did list the HSC as a potential for 06.

Attachments

• SSC Aero.JPG
    SSC Aero.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 2,005
Here are more specifics on the car. I actually liked it better than anything else in the magazine.

Shelby Super Cars Aero SC/8T

Specifications
Year 2004
Make SSC
Base Price $239 000 USD
Model Aero SC/8T
Engine & Transmission Body / Chassis Position Mid Longitudinal Drive Wheels Carbon Fibre & Composite Body over Steel Space Frame Configuration Modified Corvette C5R Aluminum V8
Curb Weight 1234 kg / 2720 lbs
Valvetrain Not Available
Length 4475 mm / 176.2 in
Displacement 6187 cc / 377.6 cu in Width 2101 mm / 82.7 in
Power 583.1 kw / 782 bhp @ 6600 rpm Height 1092 mm / 43.0 in
Torque 860.94 nm / 635 ft lbs @ 5800 rpm Wheelbase 2672 mm / 105.2 in
Bore 99.01 mm / 3.898 in Front
Stroke 101.6 mm / 4.000 in Rear
Redline 7200 Steering Rack & Pinion w/Power Assist
HP / Liter 126.39 bhp per litre Body HP / Curb Weight 633.71 bhp per weight Front Brakes Vented & Slotted Discs w/6-Piston Calipers
Gear Type 6-Speed Front Brake Size 356 mm / 14 in
1st Gear Ratio 3.82:1 Rear Brakes Vented & Slotted Discs w/6-Piston Calipers
2nd Gear Ratio 2.47:1 Rear Brake Size 356 mm / 14 in
3rd Gear Ratio 1.56:1 Front Wheels F 45.7 x 24.1 cm / 18 x 9.5 in
4th Gear Ratio 1.21:1 Rear Wheels R 48.3 x 33.0 cm / 19 x 13 in
5th Gear Ratio 0.97:1 Front Tires 245 45-18 Michelin Pilot Sports
6th Gear Ratio 0.66:1 Rear Tires 345 30-19 Michelin Pilot Sports
7th Gear Ratio Not Available Front Suspension Unequal Length A-Arms w/Adj Tube Shocks, Anti Roll Bar
Final Drive Ratio 3.44:1 Rear Suspension Unequal Length A-Arms w/Opposed Coil-Over Springs
Performance
Top Speed 400.7 kph / 249.0 mph 0 - 60 mph 3.11 seconds
0 - ¼ mile 10.98 seconds 0 - 100 mph Not Available

Attachments

• SSC Aero1.JPG
    SSC Aero1.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,951
I read that note about the HSC in the Dupont Registry also but they did note that there was no official word from honda if it was gonna be or not be the new nsx.

chassis overhang and wheelbase demensions make the car look like it may not perform well on the track. Horrible rear quarter view. I would not want this for the next NSX. From the first look, the form definitely isn't following function in this design...

Looks like a Diablo wannabe kit car. For 240K, I'd much rather have a new NSX and a Ford GT.

The more I see the HSC in pics, next to other current makes or concepts, as pictured in the Dupont issue, the less attractive it looks; plain/generic, and that is saying a lot for me, as I am not really flashy. I have not seen any aftermarket kits I think make the pre 02 NSX more asethetically pleasing than au natural, the lines still look great after all these years...(am not a fan of the current NSX). While some have said the Aero has Diablo clues, I don't see them or maybe I am just choosing not to see them, the name Lamborghini turning me off, always thinking "too flashy guy trying to get attention with beefed up nameplate and fake blonde on arm" The Aero reminds me somewhat of the Jaguar xj220 that never really made it, relatively simple lines but muscular looking too. All that said, I would love to see the HSC in person, sitting next to other competitors to truly get a feel for how it compares.

Attachments

• Jagxj220.JPG
    Jagxj220.JPG
    5.7 KB · Views: 1,617
Last edited:
that's sweet...too bad it's fake. An obvious Diablo nock off, and the doors should open like a Diablo too. But it it's real it needs to be fatser to compete with the Ferrari F430, Challenge Stradale, and Lambo Gallardo. And with that price, if you think Honda sells very little NSX's now, just wait and see IF this is released and for that price......wow. It'll go nowhere, maybe 150-200k tops range, but not that high.

Fake? You may be confused, I never said this was the new NSX. My point was that I liked the looks and wouldn't mind if a new NSX had similar lines. It can be found in the special edition of the Dupont Registry.

smonop said:
Fake? You may be confused, I never said this was the new NSX. My point was that I liked the looks and wouldn't mind if a new NSX had similar lines. It can be found in the special edition of the Dupont Registry.

sorry you're right. I do see what you mean about using similar lines for the new NSX though, just not too similiar :), i hate when car companys copy off one another (cough) GM with Ferrari

I think the car looks like a Lambo kit car with huge scoops everywhere. Lambos are always about bad forms over functions. The NSX has much more intelligence in its design. If you have ever sat in a Lambo, you will know that ingress/egress, sitting position, controls, and etc are all crappy. You cannot SEE anything outward, much less to drive that thing. This car is just the same.
Steve

Back