• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I thought it was not possible!!!

Today, I pulled up to a stock looking 2000 black Corvette. I have seen this Dude in town several times but never had the chance to hook up. We agreed to do a few rolling runs. After speaking with a few NSX owners, I did not think that I had a chance but I wanted to see how I compare. From about 20 to 30 mph we punched it. His hood was ahead of my car but I depressed my accel a few milli seconds before. Just enough to get the Front half of the NSX in front. I pulled slightly more and I heard his engine close to my door. He never passed. All the way to 75 mph.
We talked again. He said that he was gaining up to me and he wanted to race again. Once again we punched it. This time just as before we start from 20 to 30 mph except he punches first. He pulls me, slowly, till my front bumper is slightly ahead his rear bumper. Hanging with him between 5800 and 6800 (2nd gear)rpm where he shifts then I started coming up to his door. I did not go to redline on 2nd. We slowed down. Then he said, " That is one f@#king FAST car". I had my "perma grin" on. He asked to race again but I declined for my car is a track car and not a dragracer LOL
Vance

Nice post !
What kind of NSX (year/model/mods) do you have. I just have a '94 red/black NSX (European model) and though it pulls nicely I have really no idea how fast/slow it is.

Thanks for the info. Do you know how much difference your mods make concerning HP and torque and of course acceleration figures.
My own NSX is stock (only BBS wheels) and for now it seems fast enough to me.

The increase was not as much as I had hoped for based on manufacture's claims. With the stock air box there was a 11.1 peak HP increase at the wheels. I am not sure what the increase is with the apexi filter. I can thee you that the apexi filter is "wicked". The VTEC is now way more pronounced. Beautifull sounding engine
v

I see that the Vette wasn't a Z06 otherwise the NSX won't be able to catch up, not even with the C32B. One thing doesn't change, the Vette still has no class.

------------------
'98-T Kaiser Silver/Black

Smoothaccel,

I have raced my best friend 99 C5 all the time. I have the same setup as yours but also have short gears and R/P. Depending on the day, I can usually pull on him 1-2 car length with a good launch. There was one night we ran 8 times and I couldn't hang. Anyway, I it quite impress for a 6 cyl go against an all american V8.

Now don't get me wrong...I own a NSX.

But I'm not sure that it's all that impressive that a $70K-80K car, with an all-aluminum body, titanium conn rods and many high-tech exotic technologies is on a par with a car that costs half as much.

Now granted the NSX is a 10-12 year old design but let's give the C5 some credit. Sure the C5 still has some rough edges, such as the interior, but it's light-years better than the C4 and it's a tremendous value for the money.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

The Corvette is indeed a great value for the money, and has been for a long time. In 1991, a new C4 Corvette sold for half the price of a new NSX. Today's C5 is a far better car for a similar price as the C4 after adjusting for inflation, and the Z06 gives even better performance than the garden-variety C5 for only slightly more money (the extra step up is far less than the ZR1 was from the C4). There's no question that a new Corvette is a better value than a new NSX. It always has been. And GM deserves (and receives) plenty of credit for that.

When you throw used cars into the evaluation, and when you look at factors other than value (and raw horsepower numbers), that's where all the advantages of the NSX will shine.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 19 May 2002).]

I drove O-Ace's Vette yesterday and it was awesome
smile.gif
Granted, he's got lots of mods and considerably faster than stock(I think he put down 360hp to my puny 232 :0) but it was very comfy.

But I gotta say, driving NSX feels a lot more RAW...i mean when I drive it, it feels like I am DRIVING IT. The way I figure it, you can always make a car go faster but it's hard to change what it truely feels to drive it.

I was glad I got my NSX over C5, but the drive did make me wanna get a C5 along with my NSX
wink.gif

I told my wife about this post and she asked a good question (we had a '00 C5 Conv). She asked what damage did these 2 races do to each car? Whenever you punish a C5 you feel you have taken some serious life out of some of the parts (clutch, tires, brakes, ENGINE, etc...). You don't get that feeling with the NSX. I realize there is wear, but compared to the quality of many other cars, I think the wear is minimal.

When I wind the NSX up, there is a feeling of exhilaration, the C5 however the feeling was "hope nothing breaks".

------------------

NsxJoy: That's a pretty stupid reply saying the Vette has no class. Your comment proves, money doesn't buy class.

ak: I also had a great time driving your NSX, and feel the same way. I might be getting an NSX in addition to the C5 next year. How about we can get together every now and then and trade rides? hehe...that would save us both a lot of cash!
biggrin.gif

------------------

2001 QuickSilver Corvette Coupe - Not Stock

2002 Black Acura 3.2 TL/S

Originally posted by O-Ace:
NsxJoy: That's a pretty stupid reply saying the Vette has no class. Your comment proves, money doesn't buy class.

ak: I also had a great time driving your NSX, and feel the same way. I might be getting an NSX in addition to the C5 next year. How about we can get together every now and then and trade rides? hehe...that would save us both a lot of cash!
biggrin.gif

We are car swingers. This is so money
biggrin.gif

Back